Hi.

Is it possible to save text messages on the Z10? I used to do it all the time on the 9900, but have yet to work out if it's possible on BB10? Is it a case of copy & pasting to the 'Remember' app., or is there a function?

Cheers.
    02-22-13 03:20 AM
    Cant seem to find a way.. you can share it to your remember area, but it saves it as a .txt file which it will not let you open, and even then I think it only saves the actual part of the message you tapped on.. oops
    02-22-13 04:12 AM
    Ya weird glitch. If you share to Remember you can't open the .txt file. However if you share to email and then share that same text file from email to Remember then you can open the .txt

Why you can open a .txt from an email but not one from a text message when the are the exact same file I don't know.

So yes looks like copy and pasting into Remember is the best way right now.
    02-22-13 04:30 AM
    Cheers. Yeah, bit of a pain. I've gone down the copy/paste route too. Still, a minor glitch (no paragraphs or return option in SMS!) on what's otherwise a very smooth platform thus far.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 05:03 AM
    The Help screen tells you to go to SMS settings and turn the option on. Unfortunately the option does not yet seem to exist!
    03-10-13 03:20 PM
    Any more news on being able to save SMS OR TEXT ? i tried to chnage to a z10 but it didnt port all my saved sms across ?? surly the Z10 should have a seemless up grade from your current Blackberry to make the change painless?

i wont be using my z10 until it more closely relates to the the specs and abilities of the old system .. plus you should be able to hide pictures .. the old Explore function..

but please fix the sms save function and a better change over process
    Missi123 likes this.
    03-12-13 11:03 PM
    How about using screen shots?
    03-14-13 11:39 AM
    Isn't it already saved if it's on your phone? BB10 doesn't delete messages on low memory anymore and they can be save indefinitely. That's the only reason you had the save option in bbos devices.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-14-13 11:59 AM
    Isn't it already saved if it's on your phone? BB10 doesn't delete messages on low memory anymore and they can be save indefinitely. That's the only reason you had the save option in bbos devices.
    This, i had a text message from someone..after reading and deleting it..thinking that was it that the message is gone forever...the same person texted me again and lo and behold the earlier message and my reply were there on the screen.

Its the same with BBM, if you close a chat down ie delete/end it..when you initiate that chat again with the same person, the whole conversation appears. Not exactly something i like as once i delete a bbm convo or text i dont expect to see those messages appear again.
    03-14-13 12:33 PM
    Try like 30 days at this time, for all message services. I have Active Sync on my work account/ Gmail and Hotmail. Can't go back more than 30-days, period.
    03-14-13 12:35 PM
    Try like 30 days at this time, for all message services. I have Active Sync on my work account/ Gmail and Hotmail. Can't go back more than 30-days, period.
    Dude, we're talking about SMS.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-14-13 12:39 PM
    Dude, we're talking about SMS.
    03-14-13 12:53 PM
    Is it not less effort to save the few texts that need to be saved rather than having to delete all the dross? If all messages are allowed to remain it becomes a gigantic effort to find that important message! The old BB system, for me was much more efficient.
    03-14-13 06:24 PM
    Is it not less effort to save the few texts that need to be saved rather than having to delete all the dross? If all messages are allowed to remain it becomes a gigantic effort to find that important message! The old BB system, for me was much more efficient.
    Tell me, what's the difference between saving the text messages you want and deleting the messages you don't want?

Besides, the universal search can search for a key word within a message so they're very easy to find.
    03-15-13 12:38 AM
    There's an app for that. It's $0.99 on BlackBerry World, but it lets you save your SMS to your file system, cloud storage, media card, or even share entire conversations via BBM, Remember, email, etc.

BlackBerry World - Exporter
    04-30-13 07:01 PM
    There's an app for that. It's $0.99 on BlackBerry World, but it lets you save your SMS to your file system, cloud storage, media card, or even share entire conversations via BBM, Remember, email, etc.

BlackBerry World - Exporter
    Love it...Thanks @canadainc !!!
    canadainc and Missi123 like this.
    06-10-13 03:03 AM
    Just got Exporter actually 1.99 but still great works well.
    canadainc likes this.
    08-02-13 12:57 PM
    Canadainc, after exporting to SD can you import back into BB10? If I needed to wipe my device and backup my sms, and then wanted to import the exported texts, will your app do this?

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    canadainc likes this.
    08-02-13 02:04 PM
    Canadainc, after exporting to SD can you import back into BB10? If I needed to wipe my device and backup my sms, and then wanted to import the exported texts, will your app do this?

No it cannot do that. The Exporter app just allows you to save the SMS and Emails to text-file format, but not as a backup & restore. There is another app for it for BB10 though I remember seeing around the forums. I believe it is called "SMS Backup and Restore", I'm sure you should be able to find it with a little bit of searching.
    SharonRD likes this.
    08-02-13 02:58 PM
    Thank you for letting me know so quickly. Much appreciated!

Edit: And thank you for the app suggestion. I saw that one at BB World, wish there were more sms backup apps to choose from. No doubt there will be more in the future.

Missi123 likes this.
    08-02-13 03:12 PM
    12-16-13 09:36 PM
    12-16-13 09:36 PM