Hi Everyone,

BlackBerry Link for Windows updated to v1.0.1.11 (Ability to SYNC from PC to Device Only)

Here is Phase 1 (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-lin...updated-v10111) for the Sync with Outlook Contacts & Calendar to the device and not from the device at this time. As Adam mentions in the article, BBL is going in the right direction and we all agree this was something we have been waiting for, but we are not quite there yet!

Phase 2: The ability to sync both ways should be very soon if we look at the time it took to get this update: Almost 78 days from my original post. So I would say this should take a little less time, right BB Team! ;-)

We hope anyway!

Thanks BB Team!!

[Original Edited Post]

HI every one, I should have posted the edit sooner. I just completely forgot to do it. So here is is:

Outlook contact and calendar information via USB sync coming to BlackBerry Link

http://crackberry.com/outlook-usb-sy...lackberry-link

Cheers!!

Ok All,

I just want to make sure that I have not missed something here. As I have been reading through all the BB10 stuff and now the anouncement of Z10 & Q10, I come to ask myseldf a silly question, will we not be able to sync our organizer (Outlook) to pour new BB10 phones??? (Outlook: Contacts, Tasks, Calendar, etc...)

If I understood correctly, Blackberry Desktop Software will stop at BB OS 7.1, which does the above. As I read through the description and watched the presentation of Blackberry Link, I did not see a portion for the Organizer....Outlook Contacts, tasks...etc. ???

Can someone in Crackberry Nation clarify please? Kevin, Adam, anyone....

Thanks
    Last edited by pepe68; 03-19-13 at 11:58 AM. Reason: BBL v1.0.1.11 Updated to Sync from PC to Device Only
    SDTRMG, iusebb and Techno-Emigre like this.
    01-31-13 01:21 AM
    I don't see a PIM sync function in Blackberry Link, though I'm basing that on reviews and the demo video from Blackberry.

Take a look here:

BlackBerry Link
    02-01-13 03:39 AM
    I haven't managed to sync with outlook, only managed to get my contacts by transferring data to new device vie Blackberry link.
    02-01-13 04:20 AM
    This is a major shortcoming, in my opinion. Hopefully they will address it very soon. No idea why they wouldn't have included the ability to do this, especially since they don't have a cloud-based alternative.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-01-13 06:24 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither iOS nor Android have any in-the-box PIM sync facility either, right?
    I assume WP8 can sync with Outlook though.
    02-01-13 02:43 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither iOS nor Android have any in-the-box PIM sync facility either, right?
    I assume WP8 can sync with Outlook though.
    BB7 does. So it's a step backward.
    02-01-13 10:05 PM
    And I have sync'd iOS devices with Outlook using iTunes. No PIM sync with Outlook that I am aware of. No idea if they will add it either. There are a lot of BB features missing. It seems to be an iPhone in BB clothing.
    02-01-13 10:14 PM
    UHHHHHH I need Outlook Sync WTH ?
    02-01-13 10:19 PM
    Don't we all. Please don't ask my opinion of BB10.
    02-01-13 10:29 PM
    PB updates easily with no MANUAL sync. The way i understand this is that it will sync up just as the PB does.....with active sync. If your email server will push through active sync you wont need BES or any other PIM. You tech guys chime in if i am wrong.
    02-01-13 10:43 PM
    USB sync has gone the way of the dinosor.. there are just MUCH better ways to do this now.. IE over active sync..

Step one.. make sure your email provider provides active sync, if not.. your best bet for a free one is outlook.com, but I prefer google apps and don't mind the 4.16/month.

Step two.. log into said email provider using active sync on your z10

Step three.. log into said email provider using active sync from outlook on your PC

annnnddd... done. Now your z10, and outlook will always be in sync, email, contacts and calendars.. not USB cable required and the sync is constant and instantaneous.
    02-01-13 10:48 PM
    See there all better....what he said. I just said it in a more child like way.
    SDTRMG and NightSlayer like this.
    02-01-13 11:21 PM
    PB updates easily with no MANUAL sync. The way i understand this is that it will sync up just as the PB does.....with active sync. If your email server will push through active sync you wont need BES or any other PIM. You tech guys chime in if i am wrong.
    Here's who has a problem with this: an Outlook user who ISN'T just using Outlook as a client for an Exchange back-end. In other words, someone who has POP3 accounts but keeps his schedule and contacts on his local desktop. Period.

This is tricky, because no, you can't do it in Link. And, yes, this does represent a step backwards from the way you could do it.

I just tried managing my Dev Alpha from Desktop Manager (which, yes, you actually can still do), but it doesn't provide any options for this, either.

I will admit, I personally don't care, but I understand how this could be an obstacle for some. Yes, there are easy and cheap (even free) ways to "cloudify" your Outlook stuff in either Microsoft's (Outlook.com) or Google's (Gmail) infrastructure, and yes, there are lots of reasons why that's a good idea (the overwhelmingly lower likelihood of losing stuff forever, for instance). The trouble is, there are many users who just don't want to hand over their lives to MS or Google, and I can respect why: they shouldn't have to.

I'm sure BlackBerry has an answer for this, and I'm not calling for blood, but it's definitely a worthwhile question.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    02-01-13 11:23 PM
    Well I reserved my Z10, but now I'm having second thoughts...I find this topic confusing as I am unfamiliar with the terms being used ie PIM, Active sync, PB etc lol. I curently have a 9900 whick syncs flawlesly to Outlook 2007 (calendars and contacts) using the BB Desktop Manager. Am I correct that the Z10 Destop software doesnt do this anymore? If not? How in layterms do I get it too? Does it sync with outlook.com some how? If it does, then fine, except I have no clue how to export my calander from Outlook 2007 to outlook.com,ughhh. I signed into outlook.com using my hotmail.ca acct and managed to import my contacts without issue. Its just the calendar giving me grief. Any help or advice would be apprieciated. I would love to have this figured out before I get the phone next week. Thanks people.
    02-02-13 07:17 AM
    Well I reserved my Z10, but now I'm having second thoughts...I find this topic confusing as I am unfamiliar with the terms being used ie PIM, Active sync, PB etc lol. I curently have a 9900 whick syncs flawlesly to Outlook 2007 (calendars and contacts) using the BB Desktop Manager. Am I correct that the Z10 Destop software doesnt do this anymore? If not? How in layterms do I get it too? Does it sync with outlook.com some how? If it does, then fine, except I have no clue how to export my calander from Outlook 2007 to outlook.com,ughhh. I signed into outlook.com using my hotmail.ca acct and managed to import my contacts without issue. Its just the calendar giving me grief. Any help or advice would be apprieciated. I would love to have this figured out before I get the phone next week. Thanks people.
    Yes it will sync with outlook.com perfectly, wireless and automatically. All you have to do is put your outlook.com email address and password into the z10 when you first turn it on and the rest will be like magic!

Now in order to get all of your contacts and calendars also synced to outlook.com, so they in turn sync to your phone you will need to make sure your outlook 2007 is also connected to outlook.com using active sync (since you have to manually export your contacts it must not be, because that would have happened automatically) In order to do that just follow the steps here How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account

and voila.. your outlook 2007, your outlook.com and your z10 will always be in sync for email, contacts and calendars.. no need to sync it manually, not need for the desktop manager software and no need for a usb cable.. if you ad an appointment to your phone calendar it will show up on your computer within minutes.
    SFWriter, Novaone, SDTRMG and 1 others like this.
    02-02-13 08:02 AM
    Thanks! I ended up (before reading your post) uploading my calendar ics file to outlook.com
    All is good again as i impatiently wait for my z10 to arrive.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-02-13 09:18 AM
    Found this software to allow BB10 and outlook syncing
    Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software
    It costs about $50 but might do the job
    I currently have 2 BB 9800 which share contacts and calendar via desktop sync
    02-02-13 10:25 AM
    Thanks! I ended up (before reading your post) uploading my calendar ics file to outlook.com
    All is good again as i impatiently wait for my z10 to arrive.
    Ok, but this way you'll have to re-upload your file everytime you add an appointment.. my way is a one time setup and all your contacts will remain in sync forever.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-02-13 10:28 AM
    Its seems like the Z10 is just a regular phone. All the functionality we have enjoyed over the years are no longer available. I really hope blackberry come close with the apps available on other platforms. I see no reason for folks to stay. I hope I'm wrong.
    02-02-13 10:35 AM
    Yes it will sync with outlook.com perfectly, wireless and automatically. All you have to do is put your outlook.com email address and password into the z10 when you first turn it on and the rest will be like magic!

Now in order to get all of your contacts and calendars also synced to outlook.com, so they in turn sync to your phone you will need to make sure your outlook 2007 is also connected to outlook.com using active sync (since you have to manually export your contacts it must not be, because that would have happened automatically) In order to do that just follow the steps here How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account

and voila.. your outlook 2007, your outlook.com and your z10 will always be in sync for email, contacts and calendars.. no need to sync it manually, not need for the desktop manager software and no need for a usb cable.. if you ad an appointment to your phone calendar it will show up on your computer within minutes.
    THANK YOU very much. Can't wait to get mine in March.
    SFWriter and SDTRMG like this.
    02-02-13 10:42 AM
    Why should I have to pay for something that Blackberry had as a standard?! We should be able to at least sync our local Calendar, Contacts from our desktop as not all want to upload personal & private information in cyberspace (ie: Cloud space).

Please chime in on this.....

PS. This will be a dealbreaker for some! I am a real BB Fan & Power user of BB, but I must say that I'm re-considering my reservation for the Z10 and the overall other shortcomings of BB10.
    QWKSNKE likes this.
    02-03-13 04:55 PM
    You mean "had" as a standard. I'm holding out hope they will release the capability or reassess their decision not to. Tweet @BlackBerryHelp and ask about it. The more people raise the issue, the better the chance BlackBerry will reconsider.
    02-03-13 05:15 PM
    Guys - BB10 is in stages 1 of release. You should have known going into it the ecosystem is a baby - it needs time to grow.

Give it time
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-03-13 05:58 PM
    Got my Z10 On Friday (1st Feb) and traded my old 9800 Torch into the shop... having backed it up first... lot of good that did when I couldn't sync the contacts back to the new Z10!!
    Have spend the weekend trying to sort it (this thread has been very helpful, thanks all) As stated by pepe68 if I had realised before purchase it would have been a dealbreaker, I wouldn't have gone for the Z10 and opted not to upgrade. Phone shop staff stated it would sync with my contacts etc and several other things which have proved to be false. I have some very sensitive data in my contacts and can't lodge it in the cloud... I really hope Blackberry decide to include this at a later date as at present this has caused me some problems and will continue to do so on a daily basis until I can find a way to sort it.
    02-03-13 08:06 PM
    Ian E,

Thanks for sharing your experience. As I mentioned earlier, this will be a deal breaker!!!

I am really disappointed to hear that you have this problem now. (This is what I was referring to: Some people do not want to have their info in cyberspace or on other service servers - Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc...).

I would like to get the Crackberry Team to really dig into this quickly with Blackberry and report back to us there findings, if not there will be a lot of people that will not have a great customer experience and this will certainly hurt Blackberry and may in the long run seal their fate!

Wow!! I'm at a loss of word at this point......
    02-04-13 01:19 AM
131 123 ...