So...can't believe it.

But seems that this uber new super QNX os does not let me choose picture size when taking a photo.

Ok. I made peace with silly profile management and no alarms at all - will use my I pod touch as alarm machine....

Now camera settings are also gone.

What the **** developers been smoking???

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 09:23 AM
    You can switch the aspect ration from 16:9 to 4:3. What exactly are you looking for?
    02-10-13 09:39 AM
    I think he is either high or really really drunk....

02-10-13 09:42 AM
    If you are so sober my friend, please go to the camera settings and find picture size ( small medium large) or quality /resolution settings.

Then come back and say something useful.

02-10-13 09:45 AM
    If you are so sober my friend, please go to the camera settings and find picture size ( small medium large) or quality /resolution settings.

Those settings are not there, that's correct. I can only assume that they will be included with an OS update.
    02-10-13 09:52 AM

Why would you need that if the pictures are resized automatically if you want to send them via MMS or BBM?
    02-10-13 09:58 AM
    Why would you need that if the pictures are resized automatically if you want to send them via MMS or BBM?
    Via BBM yes
    Via mms -no, could be a bug

02-10-13 10:07 AM
    Can the picture editing app resize photos?
    02-10-13 10:12 AM
    Via BBM yes
    Via mms -no, could be a bug

It will send it via MMS at the maximum quality possible no?
    02-10-13 10:12 AM
    It will send it via MMS at the maximum quality possible no?
    Can't be sure, as myz10 can send via mms only the pics I received from others. So it may compress the pics, but not enough in some cases. Why not allowing user to set the pic size limit in the mms settings is beyond me. Even iphone has it. They copied iphone way of having no settings in camera app, but forgot to copy how apple handles mms settings.

02-10-13 10:21 AM
    I have to agree that there should be a setting to change image size. If you are short on space and want to keep snapping on other devices you can change the image size. Not always about reducing them to email or send.

Big is great, but options are nice too.
    Too many options missing from a market ready phone.

That said I still love my Z10 lol. Just hope the OS updates sort some of it.

02-10-13 01:08 PM
    With previous BBerries and other brands you can choose the size of the picture to very small kilobytes. With the Z10 there are only 2 choices - 16:9 which creates a picture over 1 meg. in size or 4:3 which creates one over 2 meg. in size. These are far too big too send quickly. This is a serious error in development as the ability to choose picture size is important to many users for many different reasons and applications. Come on BB get an update or this other than just saying use BOX.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    03-15-13 02:04 PM
    With previous BBerries and other brands you can choose the size of the picture to very small kilobytes. With the Z10 there are only 2 choices - 16:9 which creates a picture over 1 meg. in size or 4:3 which creates one over 2 meg. in size. These are far too big too send quickly. This is a serious error in development as the ability to choose picture size is important to many users for many different reasons and applications. Come on BB get an update or this other than just saying use BOX.
    I agree that the BB10 has some great features, but there seems to be a lot of arrogance/ignorance associated with those who design/use this device. A few things where iOS has BB10 beat (it's called benchmarking):

1. Take pictures and save in the native format - should be about 3-4MB each.
    2. When the picture is to be sent via text or email, provide an option for small, medium, or large and display the file size for each selection
    3. Would be nice to select a picture and see the geotagging information associated with it - display address on a map
    4. How the **** do I turn the sound off on the camera - the shutter sound sounds like someone wheezing!!
    5. iPhone camera has better "polarization" filter when taking picture. With Z10, any light in the background turns the entire picture into a white haze - never, not once did that happen on the iPhone.
    08-06-13 02:05 PM
    I get a 1:1 ratio

But if I recall correctly, mms has a limit size of 350kb. For some stupid reason, BlackBerry decides to scale the pictures so it is no more than 80kb. Very bad quality through mms. They still have not fixed this on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 190094
    08-06-13 02:28 PM
    I can't control the flash. Also, two of the only five scene settings are greyed out.

Am I missing something?
    08-12-13 05:41 PM
    I can't control the flash. Also, two of the only five scene settings are greyed out.

Am I missing something?
    Depends on what mode you are in. If you are in hdr mode, you may be restricted with mentioned above .

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 05:53 PM
    Too resize a picture, you must add picture to an email, then it will give the option to resize...

Z30...
    01-23-14 09:40 AM