Hey guys so this past weekend I was celebrating a cousin's birthday and we took some pics around the birthday cake with my Z10. For some reason all the pics gave us an evil white eye look, has anyone else experienced this? I attached an example pic to the post.
    Z10 camera causes white-eye effect?-img_00000024.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:07 AM
    Nope. Maybe you're all aliens but forgot

Posted via CB10
    Midnight City likes this.
    03-26-13 08:08 AM
    In seriousness. I get it sometimes with the flash, but not on everyone like yours

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:09 AM
    White- and red-eye effects are very common in flash photography in general. It would be nice if there were a red-eye reducing flash on the Z10, but I imagine that would consume a lot of power.
    03-26-13 08:19 AM
    I get it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:37 AM
    There are ways for a flash to reduce red eye by multi firing the flash. This closes the iris of the subject, It will does not help white eye.

The problem is the flash. It is to close to the lens and small. It should be at least 5 inches from it to reduce the white eye. That would be hard with a phone camera.

You can put a diffuser in front of the flash to help,be sure the diffused light will not hit the lens.

If there was a little more light in the room it would not be so bad.

There are also some apps that can soften the whites of the eyes to speek.
    03-26-13 09:29 AM
    There is a red eye edit feature built into the phone. Not sure if it works for white eye. Open the photo, tap the Edit icon (the pencil), and tap Enhance. You'll find the red eye fix there.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:44 AM
    Thank you all for your input. The red eye edit doesn't work unfortunately. I tried it already, thanks anyway! I thought I might have had a lemon but I guess it's a common issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:50 AM
    Yes I get the white eye and I also tried editing it out on the Z10 but have had no luck. Maybe BBRY update the OS in the future so it will have different settings for the flash? Maybe. Hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:55 AM
    there is no reason to get "white eye" from a flash, it is the software that is trying to fix "red eye" that turns it white. red eye is caused when the light from the flash reflects off of the blood vessels of the back of the retina. This not a flash thing but an auto red eye correction software issue. If it is doing it automatically, then it is a bug.
    03-26-13 10:02 AM
    My friend's photos from the z10 has white eye for most of her shots with flash.
    03-28-13 04:19 AM
    Yes I have the same issue when ever I take a picture in a low light area ... most of my pics if not all of them sadly

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 04:22 AM
    Is it a software problem? I hope so. and hope they fix it soon.
    03-29-13 02:31 AM
    Is it a software problem? I hope so. and hope they fix it soon.
    its a common problem with a lot of phones and cheaper point and shoot cameras, I wish they would just leave the function off and let users deal with red eye on their own.
    04-01-13 10:50 AM
    I also have this, bit of a pain.
    04-01-13 01:49 PM
    What is the solution to this problem.
    11-16-13 05:38 AM
    I still have this in 10.2.1.1925

Anyone found a solution for this yet? I recall there was an older camera build with face detection (in 10.2.0) what did not have this "bug"?
    01-13-14 05:19 AM
    Try taking your pictures without the flash. The Z10 takes very good low light pictures. Unless the room or scene is almost completely dark, it will turn out very nice. You just have to wait a couple of seconds for the focus square to turn green. If you have problems with the focus, try stabilization mode. It helps if you have shakey hands. OP there should have been plenty of light in that room to get a great shot without flash. Also try the time shift mode. You will be very surprised with the options available if you haven't tried it yet. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 08:38 AM
    Sorry, I didn't see that the thread was so old. Maybe these suggestions will help someone else.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD