So, I purchased an unlocked sim-free Z10 for my father last week (The only kind we get in India) STL100-1 Z10 that I received via an internet purchase, came home a few days back. Without sim, it was on an older OS (10.0.9-something - I don't remember) and I shot a snap and a video off it. I still have those files.
    Then, after inserting the sim, there was a notifcation to update the OS. upon installation, 10.1.0.273, I've been getting this problem. Upon first use after a restart, the app opens, with the UI visible, but showing only a black black image. Then, after closing and opening the app, the screen just becomes blank grey, with either the camera could not be started" or "The camera is already in use. Please close any applications that might be using it.".
    Please find a video embedded. as I state in the video, the phone is running the barebones OS, no apps, no add-ons. I've tried everything listed in the Z10 troubleshooting page (BB website). Restarts, Battery Pulls, Security Wipe, Reloading OS from Link, Restoring to factory settings, I've even taped the camera once (that was listed in one earlier thread, though I didn't really expect that to work, and it didn't.)
    I'm open to suggestions before I head to the Service fellows, who follow process to the pathetic wire, which means I'll have to hand in the phone and wait a day or two to hear what THEY think of it. Would like to try a thing or two before I do it.

Regards,
    Suneel
    07-15-13 11:15 AM
    Hi...
    I'm using a z10 in India, purchased locally here. STL100-1
    Btw. I don't face any such issues, but I suggest you to get a leaked version of the OS...works really well and battery is better.
    I'm using the 4537 leak and I'm really happy... I'm using the BSNL network with 3G.
    Hope that helps!
    EDIT: Do a security wipe once you install the leak.

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    07-15-13 11:52 AM