I'm planning on acquiring a Z10 on Verizon but I need to make sure before I do that outgoing and incoming calls over a vehicles speaker Bluetooth system works to perfection. Currently in my car both an HTC Rezound and an HTC DNA do not perform well while an aging LG Fathom works perfectly. Any real world feedback will be appreciated.
    03-15-13 08:08 AM
    I'm planning on acquiring a Z10 on Verizon but I need to make sure before I do that outgoing and incoming calls over a vehicles speaker Bluetooth system works to perfection. Currently in my car both an HTC Rezound and an HTC DNA do not perform well while an aging LG Fathom works perfectly. Any real world feedback will be appreciated.
    I have a Ford with Ford Sync and it works very nicely. Others seem to have a bit of an issue with specific cars (hondas I believe) where the BT connects but then cuts out to the phone?
    markreif likes this.
    03-15-13 08:14 AM
    How do the people you call to feel about the quality of your voice? Any static - tunnel sound etc?
    03-15-13 09:15 AM
    How do the people you call to feel about the quality of your voice? Any static - tunnel sound etc?
    I mostly talk to my gf when I'm in my car, and even with how great the Z10 is for call quality, she says the car system sounds a lot better than me talking to her on the handset. A few people have told me the sound quality of the car system is really good.
    markreif likes this.
    03-15-13 09:26 AM
    Any issues that you may have with a vehicles Bluetooth connection has to do with an incompatibility with that vehicles technology vs your phone's bluetooth technology. There are vehicles that have outdated technology (Hyundai's I know for sure) that have issues. This is not a fault of the phone. The same goes for sound quality for those who hear you. When connected via bluetooth, the mic that you are speaking into (via your car) will determine how good or bad that sound quality is. Again, all a fault of the vehicle and not the phone.

If that connection is a critical deciding factor for you then you should choose your phones based on the car's technology ... or choose your car based on the phone's, LOL.

Good luck!
    03-15-13 12:03 PM
    I'm using it in a 2010 Mazda3 Sport. Sounds great, easy to pair, easy to use with Mazda's steering wheel controls and call quality doesn't seem any different than my bold 9900, although I have noticed the call volume is much lower, and I have to turn it up more on my radio than previously with my bold 9900.
    markreif likes this.
    03-15-13 12:05 PM
    That makes sense but given I'm driving a 2012 Camry with an aftermarket Pioneer DEH-80PRS head unit that works like a charm with an LG Fathom but sounds below par with a GN2 not to mention horrific with HTC's DNA & Rezound - I think the phone itself and the kernel technology of the various manufacturers are more to blame. There are many complaints out there across the board with the DNA's call quality via Bluetooth (ReZound too) whch makes your theory a stretch (in my opinion of course). regardless - thanks for your feedback!
    03-15-13 12:16 PM
    I have an Audi A6, the calls are beautiful and it works perfectly. Audi's use qnx btw

At first I wasn't too happy because unlike the Samsung Galaxy s3, my phone book wouldn't sync, but it did the next time I turned on the car. It works incredibly!

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte and markreif like this.
    03-15-13 12:21 PM
    I have the BlackBerry mini blue tooth speaker and I've been told by people that I'm talking to that it was clearer with my Bold 9900 than with the z10. They say I cut out now and when I'm speaking there is quite a bit of background noise but when the other person speaks there is none. I guess it's a little distracting.

Posted via CB10
    markreif likes this.
    03-15-13 12:50 PM
    I have an Audi A6, the calls are beautiful and it works perfectly. Audi's use qnx btw

At first I wasn't too happy because unlike the Samsung Galaxy s3, my phone book wouldn't sync, but it did the next time I turned on the car. It works incredibly!

Posted via CB10
    this is true for A8, A6 and Q5
    03-15-13 01:02 PM
    This is true of the a4 and a3 as well, they all use qnx, just different versions, some more basic than others. Unless all you have is the Symphony system

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:18 PM
    I find it works great. I have a Jeep Wrangler and use it with the car's bluetooth system. No complaints from the people i speak with, works like my old iPhone 5, and N4. Personally i find that the phone's (Z10) telephone features work better than the N4 and just as good as my iPhone 5 or better.
    markreif likes this.
    03-15-13 04:23 PM
    I have a Dodge vehicle no problem what so ever. Excellent sound quality.

Posted via CB10
    markreif likes this.
    03-15-13 04:25 PM
    I have a chev trax with my link radio. Works great. Sounds just fine.

Posted via CB10
    markreif likes this.
    03-15-13 04:26 PM