Hey , I really want to buy z10 but l read here and in other forums that a lot of people have a problem with the device because he reboot himself randomly .. Blackberry knew about the problem ? They going to fix it? It's a real problem or just spam or something like that?
    05-27-13 05:59 PM
    Some say the reboot issue is a problem. Mine rebooted about once every two days and after the 10.1 update mabey once a week. It always happens when I am sleeping so the only way I new it had rebooted was when I woke up my live tiles had been closed. This really isn't an issue for me.

P.S welcome to crackberry
    05-27-13 06:03 PM
    It's a great phone with the odd growing pain which you know BBRY is working on constantly. Keep in mind it's not an apple or jelly bean so the learning curve is there but once you get it...you'll love it.
    It operates smoothly and has some awesome features no other phone has...be patience and don't let it out smart you

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    05-27-13 06:07 PM
    I've never experienced a random reboot on my Z10 - ever.
    There was only one issue once back in 10.0 where I had to reboot my phone to get my maps back.

I've had my Z since February and never found any major flaws.
    Running on Bell Mobility > Z10 STL 100-3
    PowderJockey likes this.
    05-27-13 06:10 PM
    I never had a random reboot since getting my Le 100-3 in March, running 10.0.10.822 official ATT release

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 06:29 PM
    Never had an issue with reboots ever on my Z10...You are definitely getting the quality experience when you are getting the device. It's very polished for a first time operating system, and when important apps start appearing down the pipeline there will be much to enjoy...

Won't go wrong with a Z10 or a Q10...really....

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 06:40 PM
    HA. Well the reboot issue isn't spam. It's a legitimate issue. It has happened to me a number of times, but ever since I have loaded the leaked OS 10.1.0.2342 onto my phone, it has never reboot a single time.

I don't know what phone you are coming from, but if you are coming from Android or iOS, there will most likely be a number of apps that you will miss if you get a Z10, because they aren't available. Even if you have an older BlackBerry, there too will be some apps and settings that you won't have on the Z10 yet.

I came from years of having BlackBerrys, and even though my phone reboot itself a few times, and even though a couple apps aren't on here like they were on my old phones (Spotify, BlackBerry Traffic), I can say that the Z10 is easily the best BlackBerry I have ever owned. It's my first touch screen keyboard, and I have to say, the keyboard on this phone is like a miracle. The Z10 also feels really nice to hold and use, and there are just so many great features and nice things about the user interface.

I really recommend buying one. I can't imagine owning any other phone.
    05-27-13 06:43 PM
    Yes, take the plunge and get the Z10. As a former iOS and android user, I can tell you that iOS is extremely stable but boring and android is way too fragmented and unreliable. BB10 is a great first iteration of a new OS. Just keep in mind that it's new and has some glitches to be ironed out and features that need to be integrated. Android and iOS have been around long enough to address these but BB10 is new so needs some time. Well worth it thought. I got this to replace my HTC One X+ as a secondary device but it has been my primary device for the last three weeks - glitches and all. My iPhone 5 sits quietly at my bedside collecting dust.
    05-27-13 06:43 PM
    Some have the problem some don't. For me it reboots occasionally only while on the charger. Some are reporting that the newest leak and next official OS will fix it. I would say give it a try at least it's a great phone.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-27-13 06:44 PM
    i say if you're not in a hurry, wait a while,,, july or aug.,,, see how things pan out,,, if you're rrreeeally not in a hurry, wait 'til oct/nov & see what the aristo's gonna look like...
    05-27-13 07:03 PM
    Buy, I've only had it once and my wife has never had it happen once. It's a non issue considering everything else is near perfect. An amazing experience you wont find anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:09 PM
    Hi OP. The random rebooting is a real issue which affects mainly us customers. It affects some but not all z10 users. Some have reported no reboots, while others have exchanged their phone several times and keep having reboots with the z10. It is unclear what proportion of users have the problem.

If you aren't in the us I'd recommend buying the z10 now. If you are I still recommend buying it but if you are really worried about the reboot issue you might wait till 10.1 gets released in the us which will hopefully fix it. Nobody is reporting reboots on the q10 which comes with 10.1 installed. I think that the reboots affect only a small percentage of users but they complain very loudly about it, understandably, because it is a major problem. I have had my z for several months and only had 2 reboots

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:11 PM
    BlackBerry knows the problem and is working on it so it should be resolved relatively soon

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:12 PM
    90% of users have no reboot issues. All phones have some bugs. The Z10 is a great phone if you know what your getting. I love mine and wouldn't change it for anything else out right now. Maybe next year I will not say the same thing but for now it's a great phone

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:14 PM
    Don't buy....

I firmly beleive that the Z10 is comparable to the iphone 3G. BlackBerry took their sweet time developing and releasing a product that is very disappointing. The lack of apps is certainly frustrating, but that is the least of my concerns. My concern is BlackBerry 's half assed attempt to release a 'superphone' OS.
    The only way I can describe it is when I look back to my engineering days at University. Some students (Apple) did the proper research for their assignments and handed in a project that not only covered the assignments compulsory requirements, but took the time to innovate and go above and beyond the task at hand. Meanwhile, other students (BB) tried to get by with their good looks from years past and got drunk every night prior to the due date and handed in a mediocre assignment barely worthy of a C+.
    I honestly think that all the die hard BlackBerry fans that still exist, only exist because they haven't tried a true 'superphone'. They have upgraded from BlackBerry OS 6.X or 7.X and think that BB10 is the cats pajamas. Meanwhile, iOS and Android have been doing bigger and better things for years.
    RIP BlackBerry.

My opinion, stay away from BlackBerry. They don't even come close to competing with the other two...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:29 PM
    I only 9 people with the Z10. I asked around no one had rebooting get issues. I've had two Z10 first black and now white since launch. No rebooting issue here.

Toronto Maple Leafs Fan BBM Channel C0001D318
    05-27-13 07:43 PM
    The Z is a great phone....and the reboot is really a non issue as it has happened to me only twice since March....and when I had a leaked version of 10.1 it never rebooted once....

It is far superior to any iPhone and its old OS as well as any version of Android you use. The swipe takes a bit to get use to but once you get it down you will try it on all devices....

@eidsonb
    05-27-13 07:49 PM
    d3r3k79 : truthfully i think your an apple fanboy and truthfully your the only one giving it such a bad review i have a z10 and i love it so i don't know why your giving it such a bad review and mainly focusing on apple and saying how great they are idk when see posts like yours i just ignore them because when i look for a review i mainly focus on neutral persons
    05-27-13 07:50 PM
    ... and yes, I do have a Z10 and i used to have an iPhone 4S, 3GS and 3G. My android 'superphone' experience is limited, but I do have a Galaxy tablet to compare Android.
    Bottom line is that BB10 is full of glitches. I don't have a HUGE problem with random reboots. Although it had happened 3-4 times since Feb (iOS NEVER rebooted). I can't dial a number directly from the browser (I don't care who says it works on this forum, it doesn't. Maybe if you browse the yellow pages website it works, but Google your fave restaurant in your respective city and try to dial the number direct from their page, it won't work. Pathetic). I have to physically reboot my phone every time I am in a call longer than 30 min.

the 'predictable' keyboard is about as useless as Dalton McGuinty (Canadians will get this). I can type the same text/email/BBM to the same person 1000 times and the phone will keep predicting and replacing the wrong text over and over and over again. It's predictably stupid...
    The hub is a joke. I still get LinkedIn and other messages in the hub even tho I have turned those notifications off. I get random messages just disappear from time to time (no, I didn't delete them, I know cuz if I check my actual outlook, it's truly 'unified' and still in my inbox so no, it's not deleted, just gone from the amazing 'BlackBerry Hub'.
    BlackBerry enthusiasts will continually defend BlackBerry and say 'it's coming' or 'they're working on it' or offer some bastardized version of how to achieve your desired results.

Bottom line, BB10 is garbage and i say don't waste your money and disappoint yourself.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:52 PM
    Byron;
    Ya, I am an iPhone fan... after having one for 3+ years and switching to this sun standard device... ya, I'm truly disappointed and don't want anyone else to waste their money either.

I switched because i wanted BlackBerry to kick apples @ss but, as a network engineer who is very familiar with the latest and greatest IT trends... BlackBerry falls short of the mark.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:56 PM
    Don't buy....

I firmly beleive that the Z10 is comparable to the iphone 3G. BlackBerry took their sweet time developing and releasing a product that is very disappointing. The lack of apps is certainly frustrating, but that is the least of my concerns. My concern is BlackBerry 's half assed attempt to release a 'superphone' OS.
    The only way I can describe it is when I look back to my engineering days at University. Some students (Apple) did the proper research for their assignments and handed in a project that not only covered the assignments compulsory requirements, but took the time to innovate and go above and beyond the task at hand. Meanwhile, other students (BB) tried to get by with their good looks from years past and got drunk every night prior to the due date and handed in a mediocre assignment barely worthy of a C+.
    I honestly think that all the die hard BlackBerry fans that still exist, only exist because they haven't tried a true 'superphone'. They have upgraded from BlackBerry OS 6.X or 7.X and think that BB10 is the cats pajamas. Meanwhile, iOS and Android have been doing bigger and better things for years.
    RIP BlackBerry.

My opinion, stay away from BlackBerry. They don't even come close to competing with the other two...

Posted via CB10
    For an engineer, you sure are not very intelligent.
    05-27-13 07:59 PM
    Hey , I really want to buy z10 but l read here and in other forums that a lot of people have a problem with the device because he reboot himself randomly .. Blackberry knew about the problem ? They going to fix it? It's a real problem or just spam or something like that?
    It depends on your carrier. Verizon has the highest rate of reboots. Others report the issue, but at a lesser rate. Keep in mind, not ALL Z10's suffer from the issue.
    05-27-13 08:10 PM
    I've owned every iPhone to date and was very loyal but the OS has become very stale and dated. It's time BlackBerry, Microsoft and others give apple a run for their money. Folks need to cut new OSs some slack and give it time to mature. I think BlackBerry will catch up with upcoming releases if they stick with it. The apps will follow as BlackBerry gains popularity.
    05-27-13 08:12 PM
    Hey there Derek79,
    I'm not sure what you're talking about with the not being able to dial via the browser...
    I used it today to get a hold of the restaurant I went to this afternoon.
    Z10 buy or not ?-img_00000255.png

Proudly posted via my Z10
    Byron Jaramillo likes this.
    05-27-13 08:15 PM
    90% of users have no reboot issues.All phones have some bugs. The Z10 is a great phone if you know what your getting. I love mine and wouldn't change it for anything else out right now. Maybe next year I will not say the same thing but for now it's a great phone

Posted via CB10
    where you get that stat???
    05-27-13 08:17 PM
65 123