It's been more than a year that I have had my z10 with me..All this time I thought it had an excellent build quality but to my disappointment, yesterday the grip or the texture started peeling off! Now this is happening although I am using a case! Has anyone experienced this yet?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 05:59 AM
    Hmmmnnn......had mine since launch in the UK and no issues with any peeling off of anything as yet. Is it the front bezel peeling, or the back cover?

Careful! Z10....er..... BlackDroid in action!
    06-21-14 06:07 AM
    Is your case peeling?? Get a new case!

If it's the back cover, how will anyone know if you have a case on it?!

Or - buy a new back cover.... problem solved.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-21-14 06:17 AM
    Hmmmnnn......had mine since launch in the UK and no issues with any peeling off of anything as yet. Is it the front bezel peeling, or the back cover?

Careful! Z10....er..... BlackDroid in action!
    It's the back cover!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 06:47 AM
    Is your case peeling?? Get a new case!

If it's the back cover, how will anyone know if you have a case on it?!

Or - buy a new back cover.... problem solved.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    No. Not the case. It's the back cover. Yeah..i was just thinking I will use it without the case for a while..but now I guess that's not an option! That's true.. I can get a new back cover anytime !

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 06:49 AM
    I believe the back cover actually gets worse by using cases. The friction of dust and sand that gets between the case and cover does more harm than using the device naked.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 07:52 AM
    I'm impressed

I don't use a a case. Do you a screen protector..

Has takes a few fall so a few little dents and a hairline Crack above the speaker. But solid. Even drive over it on my bike a few weeks ago.

Chrome bits gone from some of the logo on the back.

Btw white model. Cleans up well.

Slightly raised edge on screen protects the screen when it is face down.

Btw this time my Torch had was falling apart. The chromed plastic top bezel was in pieces and eventually was held together by a soft case.

So like I said. I'm impressed

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    06-21-14 07:59 AM
    I have no room to complain about my Z10's build quality. I have dropped this poor thing many times with no screen protector. Still going strong. Minimal dings in the side only. I do use the transform case now because my daughter has a Z10 too and prefers to carry hers naked. She has a screen protector. Had mine since launch day in March of last year.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    06-21-14 10:27 AM
    I believe the back cover actually gets worse by using cases. The friction of dust and sand that gets between the case and cover does more harm than using the device naked.

Posted via CB10
    Oh!k that's surely another way to look at it! Yeah maybe because of the friction!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:07 AM
    It's been more than a year that I have had my z10 with me..All this time I thought it had an excellent build quality but to my disappointment, yesterday the grip or the texture started peeling off! Now this is happening although I am using a case! Has anyone experienced this yet?

Posted via CB10
    The cause is likely friction between the case and the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:12 AM
    The cause is likely friction between the case and the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I use the magnetic holster (and have for about a year) no sign of wear.
    06-22-14 11:10 AM
    No wear whatsoever on my phone and it is 15 months old

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:39 PM
    The rubber back of my z10 has a peeled off slightly in the corner but not barely noticeable. It's a natural event when your device gets older besides I abuse it daily. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 01:42 AM
    The good thing with the Z10 is: the build quality is cheap (not in a negative way) and so are the spare parts!

You can get displays for about 36?, new framings with display for about 60?. I don't know the price of the back cover but it shouldn't be more than 15?!

I've put a black back cover on my white Z10 and it looks so awesome that strangers want to pick it up when I sit down In cafeteria!

If you combine this with the red microfiber case people start salivating (unfortunately the sleeve build quality is quite crappy)!

I already changed the display twice and the screws and everything else still works fine!

So I can't blame build quality because the pricing of spare parts is more than far and the change is easy do-it-yourself!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    06-23-14 04:22 AM
    It's the back cover!

Posted via CB10
    Thankfully since it's the back cover and it's removable, you can just order a new cover off eBay or CrackBerry or wherever.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    06-25-14 10:23 PM
    No problem with my Z10 and I've had it since Feb 2013. I'm going with what everyone else is saying and thinking that it's probably the contact between the case and the back cover

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 11:00 PM