Hi Gents.. Love the Z10.. great phone.. takes a bit of time to get used to, but happy with the purchase... Apps aside, better than the iphone... :-)

I seem to have found a couple of bugs and issues... can anyone help?????

a) after a while that i have been using the phone without reset, on both WhatsApp (Sideloaded) and Bloomberg Anywhere the cursor on the App point to about 1.5cm above where i touch. This is frustrating, but has been solved by resetting the device.

b) In the HUB - Twitter app, when replying to personal messages, the message i write gets deleted and is sent blank dated 31.Dec.. no amount of resetting solves this.
    On a separate note, there seems not to be the message box for the personal messages on the actual APP

c) Alarm clock - I know it has a bedside mode, but I was used to switching the phone off and having the choice between havinga full power off or letting it turn on with the alarm clock. Needleses to say I was late to work the first time I tried this on the Z10. Question is, is there a way to turn the phone off and have it turn on with the alarm??

Comments and Help Appreciated
    02-14-13 08:30 AM
    C) Bedside mode eats battery for me (about 25%) and my device doesnt come out of the clock app without a restart. I too miss the auto-on-off I suspect this is software not hardware, and will be addressed shortly.
    02-14-13 08:47 AM
    C) Bedside mode eats battery for me (about 25%) and my device doesnt come out of the clock app without a restart. I too miss the auto-on-off I suspect this is software not hardware, and will be addressed shortly.
    Precisely. If my charger is not on bedside for whatever reason and battery is low.. i will turn it off.. but I agree with you. I HOPE rather than suspect, this will be addressed.
    MaxR_A likes this.
    02-14-13 09:18 AM
    Why does the system volume change when accidently touching the volume controls even if the screen is locked? Is this a bug or is it intentional? I have been accidently lowering the volume to zero because of this and missing phone calls, etc.
    02-14-13 03:24 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to lock the volume controls if the screen is off? It is awfully annoying to have the volume muted by accidently touch the lower volume key which is easy to accidently touch everytime I pick up the phone. The volume adjustment should not be able to function when the screen is off!
    02-14-13 03:56 PM
    Any alarm clock app will eat up battery, heck on my playbook i purchased antair clock app and my PB was at around 90% before i went to bed and when i work up it was at 9%, yep your read that right 9%.... wowowowoowowowowowowowow.

So i use my rapid charger dock from now on as this app needs to run all night.

So maybe have phone plugged in when your going to use suh battery sucking apps.
    02-14-13 04:03 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a way to lock the volume controls if the screen is off? It is awfully annoying to have the volume muted by accidently touch the lower volume key which is easy to accidently touch everytime I pick up the phone. The volume adjustment should not be able to function when the screen is off!
    Nope but why not break them off so you never have that issue again...... lol.... just kidding.

Seriously no there is no way, maybe get a case that protrudes over the buttons like case mates or the root cases i seen so the buttons are not easily hit.
    02-14-13 04:05 PM
    Why does the system volume change when accidently touching the volume controls even if the screen is locked? Is this a bug or is it intentional? I have been accidently lowering the volume to zero because of this and missing phone calls, etc.
    This is on every phone i have had yet, iphone, samsung and more that have the volume buttons on the side.
    02-14-13 04:06 PM
    This is on every phone i have had yet, iphone, samsung and more that have the volume buttons on the side.
    Nope, my iPhone does not adjust the volume when the screen is off.
    02-14-13 04:11 PM