I got my Z10 on Tuesday and generally am very happy but I have noticed a disturbing bugginess to the clock app. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Both nights that i have used the clock alarm with bedside mode turned on I have found that the phone stops responding to any and all swipe gestures. I can;t swipe up to minimize/close the app, i can't make any of the radio buttons or settings buttons work. The whole thing just refuses to respond. Eventually it seems like it starts responding again to some swipe gestures and then eventually i am able to swipe up and close the app, but it takes up to a minute of non responsiveness and general confusion. Both times I also noticed that the app seems to get stuck partway in a sliding motion such that the info bar (time and network signal indicators etc.) are visible at the top and the buttons for the app are off the bottom of the screen. When this happens, rotating the device results in a horribly skewed aspect ration of the clock image.

It's all very weird and a little bit frustrating that an app made by BB has such buggy behaviour. And it seems to go beyond just app behaviour because the underlying OS seems to be unable to handle normal gestures required for closing the apps. That part is the most disappointing of all. Without a physical button, if the basic swiping doesn't work, you are stuck staring at an app and unable to do anything else. It should never happen that the swipe up to close gesture is ignored.
    02-07-13 09:51 AM
    I am having the same issue with my phone. Although not every time.
    Description:
    When i wake my z10 from sleep mode the lock screen appears (normal as far as i can tell).
    This is when the issue arises:
    As far as I know, and this happens most times, a second swipe up should bring you to the home screen. (normal)

However every so often (frequency is tbd) when i swipe up again the daytime clock app appears. (Firstly, i don't see any reason why this app should be open, It wasn't open prior to enabling sleep mode.)
    When it does, the touch screen is not responsive. I cannot swipe up to minimize the app and return to the home screen.
    My side control buttons do not respond. Only the lock buttons operates.
    I have been getting out of this 'situation' by locking the screen and selecting the quick camera touch button. This opens the camera app and i can then swipe up to get back to the home screen. I then close the clock app. (I have not tried waiting it out as kacophony mentioned)
    When i get to the home screen, if i open the clock app i return to the same stuck situation.

I believe this is a glitch where the phone tries to stay in some sort of sleepless clock lock mode, while still locking the device to most inputs.
    So far its occurrences have been unpredictable, which makes it frustrating.

Hope we can get to the bottom of this.
    Thanks
    02-13-13 10:00 PM
    Have you guys tried resetting the device?
    02-13-13 10:19 PM
    A reboot? or a software flash?
    02-14-13 12:35 PM
    yes, exactly the same issue - especially the distorted clock face - very Dali like!!!! The digital clockface goes to half the screen.

looks like reset time!
    02-27-13 02:41 AM
    does it happen if you unplugged the charger ?
    02-27-13 03:04 AM
    After about a week with update 10.0.10.85 I have not had this issue reoccur.
    It's not in the change log, but they may have picked up on it. Great!
    03-08-13 06:21 PM
    I have used mine every night since I got it and not once saw even a hitch or a stutter.
    03-08-13 06:31 PM
    z10 and buggy clock app behaviour when using bedside mode-img_00000031.pngonly issue I've had so far has been the clock app being stuck open and the swipe gesture not minimizing it.. had it for the first week i owned it but has been flawless since

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 07:10 PM