About a week ago I cleared out the history and cache on my Z10, since then I have been unable to access the internet on my phone. The browser starts loading, then bam locks up. Anyone have a solution as to how to reset my browser.
    Funny thing is facebook works and my emails come through. Thanks.
    12-08-13 09:32 AM
    Have you tried restarting the device ? Hard restart ?
    Always try that when you have a problem that is persisting.
    12-08-13 09:45 AM
    Yes. I have tried restarting the device. unfortunately it did not help. If it type google into the search bar, I can search things thru google np. but typing anything else into the search bar causes the browser to lock up and freeze. I had np with the browser prior to clearing out the cache/other data.
    12-08-13 10:24 AM
    Well unfortunately searching bb10 browser fix on this site brings up everything but. No wonder there are so many repeat threads here. Not sure if it would fix your issue or not but there were threads titled something like that.

Z10 browser not working.-capture.png
    12-08-13 10:39 AM
    Did a search and came up with numerous threads (here and on google) everything was basically the same. shut off wi-fi, disable data, clear history/cache and restart. Doesnt work, not for me anyway. I also went to the local att store, tech couldnt figure it out either. suggested resetting the phone to factory, but I dont want to loose all my data.
    12-08-13 10:58 AM
    Did a search and came up with numerous threads (here and on google) everything was basically the same. shut off wi-fi, disable data, clear history/cache and restart. Doesnt work, not for me anyway. I also went to the local att store, tech couldnt figure it out either. suggested resetting the phone to factory, but I dont want to loose all my data.
    Try enabling private browsing
    12-08-13 10:59 AM
    tried that. still unsuccessful. pages will start loading, blue bar will get about 3/4 then locks up. I'm just about getting ready to give up and reset the phone.
    12-08-13 11:08 AM
    Frozen Browser

My browser was frozen and I searched the forum for help. I really didn't want to reset my phone.
    I found a couple useful tips and one actually worked for me. It was a huge relief for me.

Let it be known that I am not taking any credit for these solutions.

1.Open Browser. Clear History and Cookies.
    2.Disable and re-enable cookies
    3.Type in Google
    4.Press ENTER, back to normal

Solution 1:
    Many threads suggest that you simply type in Google
    Do NOT copy/paste but actually type that line.

in the address bar and this somehow solves the problem. That worked for many but not for me.

Solution 2:
    Change your home page to about:blank. (open browser, click on settings - via the 3 dots at bottom right of screen, open display and actions. Then in field type in about:blank)
    Go to privacy and security.
    Clear cookies and history.
    Turn off cookies
    Close browser
    Reopen browser and change the home page back to your preference.
    Clear cookies and history again
    Turn on cookies

Solution 3:

Another thread had the solution for this
    problem...
    1 . Turn off wifi
    2. Settings/Network connections/
    Mobile Network... leave mobile
    network on but turn off data services.
    3. Open browser (it will fail to load)
    4. Go to browser settings/Privacy and
    Secu rity and clear history and cache.
    5. Then go to browser settings/Display
    and Actions, scroll down and hit 'reset
    search engines.
    6. Close browser.
    7. Turn data services back on and you
    should be good to go!
    Hope it works for you too. ..

Thanks for the reply, I found a solution while searching through the site. It involved turning off wi fi and data services, clearing history and cache, then resetting search engines button. That did the trick. I am on 10.1.0.2039 which is the latest official from my carrier on the STL 100-4.
    raymond and billmack1 like this.
    12-08-13 11:25 AM
    About a week ago I cleared out the history and cache on my Z10, since then I have been unable to access the internet on my phone. The browser starts loading, then bam locks up. Anyone have a solution as to how to reset my browser.
    Funny thing is facebook works and my emails come through. Thanks.
    I have the solution thread bookmarked on my pc. Will post it soon as I get to my pc.

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    billmack1 likes this.
    12-08-13 12:16 PM
    I used this link to fix mine, had to do it twice and hard reboot for it to work. From reading the thread some people had to try it several times. Dear Berry: Why is my BlackBerry 10 browser not responding? | CrackBerry.com
    12-08-13 01:28 PM
    Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately none of them have worked for me. Contacted my carrier and they are telling me that my phone is no good and requires replacement. Cant understand how a perfectly good z10 can crap out after simply clearing out the cache/data. Att told me it happens all the time?
    12-08-13 01:35 PM
    Sane problem here, can't even open 3dots menu:/

Posted via CB10
    Earl Sargent likes this.
    12-08-13 01:55 PM
    Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately none of them have worked for me. Contacted my carrier and they are telling me that my phone is no good and requires replacement. Cant understand how a perfectly good z10 can crap out after simply clearing out the cache/data. Att told me it happens all the time?
    Your carrier is clueless! Try the steps a few times. It took me twice for it to work and others more than that. It's a software not hardware issue.

12-08-13 02:14 PM
    Your carrier is clueless! Try the steps a few times. It took me twice for it to work and others more than that. It's a software not hardware issue.

That is pretty much exactly what I told them. I did follow the link that you posted and tried it several times, still no luck.
    I can open the yahoo/att home page and use their search successfully. however if I open the browser and try doing a search without opening yahoo the screen just locks up.
    12-08-13 03:35 PM
    That is pretty much exactly what I told them. I did follow the link that you posted and tried it several times, still no luck.
    I can open the yahoo/att home page and use their search successfully. however if I open the browser and try doing a search without opening yahoo the screen just locks up.
    did you do a hard reset via the volume up down button? If I remember correctly the post did not say that and I on my own rebooted and then it worked.
    12-08-13 04:23 PM
    Did you try each of the suggestions in Post #8 and none worked?
    12-08-13 05:45 PM
    Mine is screwed also. I sent myself an email with Bing and other addresses i use and I can get strait to others that I saved on my homepage. I can't do any of the suggested steps because my "three dots" and swiping down to get options to open in browser doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 06:15 PM
    Did you try each of the suggestions in Post #8 and none worked?
    yes. no luck
    12-08-13 06:27 PM
    did you do a hard reset via the volume up down button? If I remember correctly the post did not say that and I on my own rebooted and then it worked.
    no I did not do a hard reset. I assume I hold the up/down buttons down and restart the phone?
    12-08-13 06:44 PM
    no I did not do a hard reset. I assume I hold the up/down buttons down and restart the phone?
    Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black, keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    12-08-13 07:35 PM
    Doing a hard reset fixed my problem. Thanks everyone for your help
    nah.uhh, FF22 and anon6113468 like this.
    12-09-13 06:39 PM
    F2, that worked. Thx!!!

Stop, drop, and roll.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-13 01:13 PM
    Hard resets don't fix it for me and three dots still don't work.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:59 PM
    To avoid this issue all together I have set my phone to wipe history everyday. I really don't care for it so I never have to manually go in and clear history and cookies etc and run into this problem all the time.

This idea was taken from one of the bloggers from CB

Posted via my Z10 keyboard!
    raymond likes this.
    12-11-13 03:23 AM