1) Is there anyway to turn javascript off on the Z10 browser? Some of the pages I visit frequently just load too slowly with javascript enabled and I don't need the functionality of those pages.
    2) Some of those very same pages push me to the desktop mode when the mobile version would do just as well (for me) and load faster, is there anyway to push the mobile option?

I'm coming from a 9900 and I loved it's browser and very much miss being able to toggle javascript on and off.

Thanks

p.s. I am fairly technically savvy so an easy or complicated solution would be helpful.
    04-07-13 09:37 AM
    Hi,
    To enable/ disable desktop mode:
    Open your browser go to settings then developer mode.
    Z10 Broswer Questions (2): Javascript and Mobile-Mode-img_00000379.png

Some web sites will not recognize the browser as mobile yet so they may send you to the full desktop version. I think that until they charge that there is no possibility unless you get to enter the mobile site on browser maybe that might work?

As to adobe flash (the only option I see being able to manipulate is flash and not java)
    Go to browser - - > settings--> display and action. Scroll down and you ll find it right there.

Z10 Broswer Questions (2): Javascript and Mobile-Mode-img_00000380.png

Hope that helps.
    All the best

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 04-07-13 at 11:45 AM.
    charlielefaux likes this.
    04-07-13 10:43 AM
    Unfortunately you can't toggle JavaScript on or off.

As for the mobile site issue, I've been having trouble too. I have desktop mode off and still won't get redirected. I've noticed that I have to enter the URL manually to get the mobile version of a site.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:38 AM
    Unfortunately you can't toggle JavaScript on or off.

As for the mobile site issue, I've been having trouble too. I have desktop mode off and still won't get redirected. I've noticed that I have to enter the URL manually to get the mobile version of a site.

Posted via CB10
    That is due to no recognition of the browser as as mobile platform browser by the web page
    Nothing can be done indeed until those domain users update to that respect only manual input.
    04-07-13 11:41 AM
    I contacted my local transit service about their website not even loading and sending me errors. They fixed it within a week. I'd send a message to the sites in question. Maybe they're unaware of the issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:48 AM
    Can anyone help trouble shoot the situation when I click on an embedded video on the website (regardless of mobile site or desktop mode), it always pops up a link of the video clip to force me save it as a MP4 first rather than just viewing the video directly. Is that all about java script enable/disable related?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 12:04 PM
    I only ever had that issue on my 9900. Sorry I can't help with that.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:09 PM
    Thanks, I didn't know the mobile variant this was a third-party issue.
    04-07-13 03:51 PM
    It's strange that you cannot toggle JavaScript on or off. There is a site (primarily Hosted Exchange | Intermedia: Trusted Microsoft Exchange Hosting Solutions) that I cannot access due to JavaScript and by the errors that I get on the browser, it looks as though the Z10 does not have JavaScript enabled...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 05-13-13 at 11:04 AM.
    05-13-13 10:15 AM