i'm off to plug my Z10 into my 50"plasma and play 'Pocket Ninja' while you lot debate the ios vs BB issue... can your ip5 do that yet? never had one so i dont know
    < Jealous!
    03-09-13 06:24 AM
    I think it is a little of both. I think there are many many issues with the Z10 iv'e noticed, but most are being slowly fixed via updates. Still the biggest issue they have is battery life. I know there are some probles with the Qualcom chipset and battery life. Blackberry will fix most issues on the newer Q10, but some fundamental battery drain issues are hardware related and there is not much updates will be able to do to fix the 4 hour battery life and very slow charge times I am getting. New Q10 is romoured to also be getting a bigger battery that is in test now
    03-09-13 08:14 AM
    I think it is a little of both. I think there are many many issues with the Z10 iv'e noticed, but most are being slowly fixed via updates. Still the biggest issue they have is battery life. I know there are some probles with the Qualcom chipset and battery life. Blackberry will fix most issues on the newer Q10, but some fundamental battery drain issues are hardware related and there is not much updates will be able to do to fix the 4 hour battery life and very slow charge times I am getting. New Q10 is romoured to also be getting a bigger battery that is in test now
    Do you have a Z10? And if so, have you installed an update? If not, it will be on your carrier soon and it will fix your biggest Z10 concern; Battery life! Battery life is reportedly a LOT better than before the update, so hold tight and search for topics that may help you getting the update if it's not offered by your carrier yet!
    03-09-13 08:32 AM
    I fail to see what is unique about iOS. I think Android and Windows Phone are more interesting systems. Apple people love iPhone. I don't get the system's attraction. To each his/her own.
    I think the unanimous answer is it just works. I love iOS banner notifications now. It's less aggressive than their previous systems. Then the apps work fluidly. With jail breaking it, you can change the whole look of the phone.
    03-09-13 08:48 AM
    Apple should be really scared right now!
    They are keeping an eye on Blackberry and every good company never underestimates its competition. Right now Apple has been attacking Google and Android (Cook bashed the Nexus 7 when Apple introduced the iPad mini).

There is a reason why Samsung is attacking Blackberry and going after enterprise now - they want to try to get this market while Blackberry is in transition from BBOS to BB10.
    03-09-13 09:04 AM
    Please elaborate on these "capabilities the iPhone crowd can only dream about."

flash support
    the HUB and all the integration it represents, but if you haven't tried a Z10 you wouldn't understand
    the ability to flow into the HUB to check and respond to messages without quiting any apps, but again if you haven't tried it you don't know what you're missing
    SECURITY at the hardware level, no big deal until your iThing or Android gets hacked, then it will suddenly seem important to you.
    SD Card storage expansion
    integrated HDMI output
    standard micro USB interface
    I've used iThings, Android things and they are old tech compared to BB10
    Last edited by Sloppy; 03-09-13 at 09:51 AM.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    03-09-13 09:27 AM
    Look at iphone 1 they got the basic features like cut copy paste and others perfect
    Actually, the original iPhone launched without cut, copy, and paste. Those were not added until ios 3 which was launched alongside the iPhone 3GS.
    03-09-13 09:38 AM
    Ahhhhhhh... No comment on stupidity!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 10:13 AM
    They are keeping an eye on Blackberry and every good company never underestimates its competition. Right now Apple has been attacking Google and Android (Cook bashed the Nexus 7 when Apple introduced the iPad mini).
    Yeah - that's one thing I don't like about Apple. The smarmy attacks on competition in their keynotes. Don't like it when anyone does it really and wouldn't be big on BlackBerry doing it either either.

As an aside, my iPad mini came last night. First thing I did was put it side by side with my PlayBook. I showed both to my girlfriend and said, "Tim Cook says the screen on this device is 35% - 50% bigger than my other device. You see it?" She started laughing. Liking the Mini for it's lightness, liking it for iCloud integration and the apps. But the "glorious" 7.9" screen (which is wondrous compared to atrocious 7.0" tablets) that Tim Cook spent so much time bragging about? #funnymath.

There is a reason why Samsung is attacking Blackberry and going after enterprise now - they want to try to get this market while Blackberry is in transition from BBOS to BB10.
    They smell weakness.
    03-09-13 10:25 AM
    Received the update to fix the battery!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 10:27 AM
    They caught up with the largest company in the world in only three years.
    I would say that it is a breakthrough alone. Screen share over mobile is also slick.

They caught up with WalMart?
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-09-13 11:11 AM
    It's a prototype, albeit a breakthrough too
    03-09-13 11:42 AM
    They caught up with the largest company in the world in only three years.
    I would say that it is a breakthrough alone. Screen share over mobile is also slick.

They caught up with WalMart?
    They're just that good
    03-09-13 12:04 PM
    whats you grip Asalah? You didn't say.
    03-09-13 03:36 PM
    iphone didn't when they launched.
    03-09-13 03:39 PM
    iphone didn't when they launched.
    Smart people know that (sadly there are too few of us) But it doesn't matter. Just like how WoW has ruined the MMO market with it's huge success, if you don't have everything at launch, it's 100% guaranteed to take flack and be a failure in comparison. Which is just wrong. People are generally blind and have a short memory and think the big success's of today launched how they are now, years and years ago, when in reality they launched barren like everything new.... This is how it is now and it's never going to change, too many idiots out there lol.
    03-09-13 05:01 PM
    I look at it this way. The iPhone is at version 6. Yes, there has been iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5. If Apple was to release an iPhone 6, I suspect that it will look a lot like the Z10, only not as good.

They will attempt to "peek and flow", but they are tied down to a legacy OS that can't really multitask, nor can it get away from the ubiquitous "dummy button". The Z10 is unique, powerful and has an OS that is good, theoretically anyway, forever. The iOS is old and tired, and the iPhone will never be more than an "app launcher".
    03-09-13 05:20 PM
    I look at it this way. The iPhone is at version 6. Yes, there has been iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5. If Apple was to release an iPhone 6, I suspect that it will look a lot like the Z10, only not as good.

They will attempt to "peek and flow", but they are tied down to a legacy OS that can't really multitask, nor can it get away from the ubiquitous "dummy button". The Z10 is unique, powerful and has an OS that is good, theoretically anyway, forever. The iOS is old and tired, and the iPhone will never be more than an "app launcher".
    But they probably will find a way to patent it.
    03-09-13 05:33 PM
    flash support
    the HUB and all the integration it represents, but if you haven't tried a Z10 you wouldn't understand
    the ability to flow into the HUB to check and respond to messages without quiting any apps, but again if you haven't tried it you don't know what you're missing
    SECURITY at the hardware level, no big deal until your iThing or Android gets hacked, then it will suddenly seem important to you.
    integrated HDMI output
    Wow, a fan in a month? ^^^^ is how great Z10 is
    03-09-13 05:34 PM
    1. Not enough apps to demonstrate the power of the iphone
    2. Confusion with app strategy (side loading vs java vs native)
    3.App store perfomance is poor.
    4. Continious lagging impacting the "Fluid experience"

Is that insight good enough?

Posted via CB10
    Do you even own a Z10? What 'continuous lagging' are you referring to? My phone has never lagged, nor have I had to ever do a battery pull thus far.

Also, it doesn't need apps to 'demonstrate the power of the iPhone' (what ever the **** that means)... Take a look at spec comparisons, speed tests, and official reviews... Z10 is equal to or more powerful than the iPhone.

Ay yaya... Why are there so many trolls around?

Posted with my new BlackBerry Z10
    03-09-13 05:37 PM
    it is prototype for future iphones. then apple will claim that it was its idea. it would not be the first time.
    03-09-13 05:47 PM
    Do you even own a Z10? What 'continuous lagging' are you referring to? My phone has never lagged, nor have I had to ever do a battery pull thus far.

Also, it doesn't need apps to 'demonstrate the power of the iPhone' (what ever the **** that means)... Take a look at spec comparisons, speed tests, and official reviews... Z10 is equal to or more powerful than the iPhone.

Ay yaya... Why are there so many trolls around?

Posted with my new BlackBerry Z10
    I think he was talking about iphone. So technically you guys are on the same "side".
    03-09-13 05:48 PM
    So true. The iOS was a complete ripoff of PalmOS. Heck, it couldn't even multitask any better. I remember the 30,000 PalmOS apps that were available in 1999. Alas, whatever, BlackBerry is back, and everything else is inferior.
    03-09-13 05:53 PM
    flash support
    integrated HDMI output
    I agree with all of them, but theres a 3rd partybrowser that enables flash... Like I use an app called Puffin in my ipad for example
    03-09-13 06:58 PM
    Z10 a breakthrough or an early prototype?-big-birds.jpg
    i don't want an iphone thanks, the screen isn't as big! (altho tbh, the par5 holes on stickman golf are far too long in this format haha)
    Dapper37 likes this.
    03-09-13 08:11 PM
126 ... 23456