I have 2 phones now, z10 and iphone 5.however i have to say i was expecting a little more from blackberry when it came to Z10 and i can't help myself but to feel that RIM had no option but to release the phone even though it was not ready yet just for the sake of saving the company.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:09 AM
    I will go with the latter.
    03-08-13 08:10 AM
    They caught up with the largest company in the world in only three years.
    I would say that it is a breakthrough alone. Screen share over mobile is also slick.

Posted via CB10
    mscooley likes this.
    03-08-13 08:18 AM
    I have 2 phones now, z10 and iphone 5.however i have to say i was expecting a little more from blackberry when it came to Z10 and i can't help myself but to feel that RIM had no option but to release the phone even though it was not ready yet just for the sake of saving the company.

Posted via CB10
    Everything about iOS is stale. iPhone 5 is just another iteration of previous models. BlackBerry 10 is a brand new platform. Did you use an iPhone 1. It was crap but apple improved it over time. For a 1st gen phone z10 is pretty freaking good. After the latest update, I'm loving it even more and there is lots more to come. So yes it was ready.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:20 AM
    Sqoon i think they still have a few miles to go before we can say "They caught up with the biggest company in the world "

Posted via CB10
    big_time2 and illlya like this.
    03-08-13 08:21 AM
    OS wise...I don't see why you can't; I see nothing lacking from bb 10 in that regard. The hub alone smashes android and ios combined and to think this is the first iteration of it...give it time...it should only get better.
    03-08-13 08:28 AM
    Agreed - they have not only not caught up...but aren't even close to having or obtaining the market share that Apple has...in fact, their numbers show that they have fractional market share compared to Apple. Apple sells more in 3 days on a new-phone launch than BBRY has sold in the last year. How is that "caught up to the largest company in the world"

And who says that Apple is the largest company in the world? They aren't even in the top 50. So much misinformation...

FYI - the largest company in the world is Shell...then Exxon...and Walmart is somewhere up there as well, but Apple?? Not even close.
    03-08-13 08:30 AM
    I think catch up is only on the app side. The micro kernel qnx platform is far superior. It is an OS that conforms to the app rather than the app conforming to the OS. The keyboard speaks for itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:30 AM
    Look at iphone 1 they got the basic features like cut copy paste and others perfect and then they started to enhance around them, even though i feel that apple is too slow in enhancing its os however i still believe they do it in a very careful manner, now comming back to z10 it seems RIM had to put out a phone which beats iphone in every manner, however i think they should have focused on certain features to make them perfect instead of distrubuting the effort across all phone aspects.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:46 AM
    Sqoon i think they still have a few miles to go before we can say "They caught up with the biggest company in the world "

Posted via CB10
    That information is also out dated. ExxonMobil is now the biggest company in the world. Ever since aapl dramatic slide in share price.

Posted via CB10
    bitek likes this.
    03-08-13 08:47 AM
    Look at iphone 1 they got the basic features like cut copy paste and others perfect and then they started to enhance around them, even though i feel that apple is too slow in enhancing its os however i still believe they do it in a very careful manner, now comming back to z10 it seems RIM had to put out a phone which beats iphone in every manner, however i think they should have focused on certain features to make them perfect instead of distrubuting the effort across all phone aspects.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, it took several versions of iOS before they added basic functionality like copy and paste. I agree though that BlackBerry has some more catching up to do. Mainly in the app department.

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12, bitek, G-bone and 5 others like this.
    03-08-13 08:52 AM
    I fail to see what is unique about iOS. I think Android and Windows Phone are more interesting systems. Apple people love iPhone. I don't get the system's attraction. To each his/her own.
    03-08-13 08:54 AM
    The company name is BlackBerry.

The phone has very few minor issues with it now. Using it for three weeks, it is a dream .

Except for apps, why would you say not ready. I suspect you do not even own a z10.

Your comments lack any insight.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:58 AM
    That information is also out dated. ExxonMobil is now the biggest company in the world. Ever since aapl dramatic slide in share price.

Posted via CB10
    Depends how you want to define size. Share valuation? Book/asset valuation? Employee head count? Trading turnover? All will probably produce a different leaderboard.
    blkitr and currentodysseys like this.
    03-08-13 09:02 AM
    Depends how you want to define size. Share valuation? Book/asset valuation? Employee head count? Trading turnover? All will probably produce a different leaderboard.
    It seems that OP was referring to market cap which is tied to share price. This is the most common way of valuing companies.

Posted via CB10
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-08-13 09:10 AM
    The company name is BlackBerry.

The phone has very few minor issues with it now. Using it for three weeks, it is a dream .

Except for apps, why would you say not ready. I suspect you do not even own a z10.

Your comments lack any insight.

Posted via CB10
    1. Not enough apps to demonstrate the power of the iphone
    2. Confusion with app strategy (side loading vs java vs native)
    3.App store perfomance is poor.
    4. Continious lagging impacting the "Fluid experience"

Is that insight good enough?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 09:17 AM
    OS wise...I don't see why you can't; I see nothing lacking from bb 10 in that regard. The hub alone smashes android and ios combined and to think this is the first iteration of it...give it time...it should only get better.
    If the carriers will play ball and ensure that they send updates out as soon as Blackberry does.
    G-bone and EsJayDee like this.
    03-08-13 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    1. I agree that there is not enough top tier apps yet. However, more are lined up in the near future which has been confirmed many, many times so this is a moot point. Of course you cannot please everyone so there will always be some stragglers complaining that their app is missing. In all, we will see significant growth in quality apps on this platform very quickly. There will of course be a lot if garbage that comes with that, but that's the nature of operating a marketplace more similar to Google Play.

2. This is a misinformed comment. There is no confusion with app strategy and there is certainly no "Java" in the mix. Native and Android are both supported platforms which provides great flexibility and is actually a bonus, more so once the Android runtime gets updated. Side loading is users choice. Never required and absolutely not necessary, but truly great to have as an option.

3. "App store performance is poor"...when benchmarked against what? I don't even know how to respond to this. There is simply no qualitative argument there from you at all.

4. Continuous "lagging" does not exist. If anything this proves that you neither own or have ever used the phone. It is actually as fluid or maybe more fluid than any current iteration of any smartphone on the market, including iPhone.

You really ought to at least get your facts straight. You come of ignorant and arrogant, and you can't get a much worse combination than that. Remember, when you don't have something smart to say, it is better not to say anything at all.

Posted via CB10
    dj_matty_s, tre10, QC_Al and 28 others like this.
    03-08-13 09:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    1 to 3 are similar issue I believe and thats with app quantity and quality. Only one month out the gate and I have all my day to day apps that I need. Anything more now will be a bonus.

For number 4 the Fluid experience of the phone has been great...so not sure what your talking about?
    G-bone, wasabiGT, R Field and 4 others like this.
    03-08-13 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    1. BlackBerry 10 launched with over 70,000 apps, and now is over 100,000 apps and the power of the iphone? Huh?? You mean BB? Nova 3, Asphalt 7, Radiant Defense all show the processing power of the Z10!!
    2. Side loading is meant for developers to use their Android apps to see if they run on the BB platform, Java is NOT present on the BB10 lineup and Native is just that, apps coded specifically for BB10 with cascades and active frames.
    3. First gen app store for BB10 (where was the itunes app store when the iphone first come out?) Where was the apps when the iphone first came out?
    4. Do you have a Z10? Because I have had Nova 3, Run in Crowd, CB10 app, BBM and the weather network and the toronto maple leafs app running in active frames no lag whatsoever.

Hows that for rebuttle on your "insight"?
    03-08-13 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    i have no clue what you are talking about. the phone is perfect. I would argue that iphone 5 was rushed to the market for the sake of keeping apple hardware release schedule.
    Last edited by bitek; 03-08-13 at 09:47 AM.
    03-08-13 09:36 AM
    Lagging???
    G-bone and cman5 like this.
    03-08-13 09:37 AM
    Once again, it's the same "I'm going back to the app fountain excuse".
    I think the Z10's superiority is clearly shown when apple fans continually keep going back to that. Wish I had a nickle for every-time I've read that.
    If everything else about the Z10 is great except for the app eco then I'd say it's a grand slam! And it must be since it's all we ever hear? The app's are all coming. Most that matter are here already, and the next batch is being released to coincide with the US launch. The remaining few will come eventually only because the app developers can't stay away from a winner. Simple!
    03-08-13 09:40 AM
    I would not even bother replying to this doofus any more. His entire premise is meant to do nothing but stir up trouble. His "argument" was already ripped to shreds. Why bother continuing...

Posted via CB10
    W1ck3D86, tre10, G-bone and 11 others like this.
    03-08-13 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    By market cap, Apple is still currently the largest company in the world. Exxon is right behind it.

edit - that's only because Apple is up a couple bucks today. It's that close.
    03-08-13 09:43 AM
126 123 ...