• 1 Post By pinkvikchick
  • 2 Post By YYZ_AKS
  • 1 Post By dbollman423
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 a blunder IMO

Z10 a "blunder"...sorry for the thread title, I got all crazy and just started hitting buttons....

The BlackBerry keyboard returns … but is it too late? - NBC News.com

"When BlackBerry launched its latest operating system — BlackBerry 10 — on an all-touch smartphone, we scratched our heads. Physical keyboards are a defining BlackBerry feature — why the heck would they be set aside during a critical time for the company? The blunder has made the latest BlackBerry, the Q10 — along with its physical keyboard — the smartphone maker's final hope."

Blunder? I was looking for a place to email the writer and ask where it was a "blunder" but then I thought- maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about? Am I crazy or is she?
    Last edited by pinkvikchick; 06-05-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: fat fingers
    YYZ_AKS likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

haters gonna hate
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

Hater are going to hate like YYZ_AKS said.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I just want to set the record straight, I screwed the title of the thread up, and then magically it was renamed (in which I appreciate that, however that happened) but in no way is the Z10 a blunder IMO...I just want to make sure no one thinks I am throwing matches in the fire....

I found this: BlackBerry Z10 Getting Higher Sales Than Expected from New and Old Customers | KpopStarz

"BlackBerry Z10 Getting Higher Sales Than Expected from New and Old Customers" but that came from Thurston...

But then I find a lot of articles claiming the sales were slow...wth do I know? I guess I just get PO'd when I see a writer just throw a crazy adjective in there..."blunder"....OK lady...I get sick of all the skewed articles, I wish as a consumer I could find a fact based article, but I guess we are all humans.
    CrackBerry Addict

Tell that to the 198 people that reviewed it on VZW's website and gave it a 4.5 out of 5. pretty good for a blunder. Most of the 1 star reviews were people with no substantive input. Kind of like "phone sucks" garbage. Several were people coming from other platforms.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts

CNBC OR NBC whats the diff ? Hows your apple stock joe?
    CrackBerry Addict

I can only report what I have been told by various merchants, for whatever THAT'S worth.....I am now in the habbit of asking any retailer I am in that sells these (BB) devices "how are the sales going?". Here are the recent (anecdotal and typical) responses I have gotten (again, what I am told... is it all true? who the heck knows... but the stories tend to be painfully consistent around my area of the jungle)

Local BestBuy: "how are the Z10 sales going?" Answer: "I, personally, have never sold one. "Bob" over there has sold one or two in the last week. I don't think we are selling many at all.

Local Staples: "how are the Z10 sales going?" Answer: "It's slow. we sell one or two here and there, nothing like the Samsungs and iPhones, blah blah"

Local TMo Store: "how are the Z10 sales going?" Answer: "Well, not too many people ask for them. We are getting a lot of iPhone inquiries". Note: I was looking for a holster for my Z10 --- this TMo store had not ONE BB accessory of any kind...nothing

Local AT&T Store: (Eventhough I am on TMo, I found a BB Z10 holster there that I wanted) "how are the Z10 sales going?" Answer: "We tend not to sell that many of those --- it's mostly the hard-core business users want to see one --- kinda slow, really"

IF that is any indication of anything, and assuming all of these folks aren't totally clueless and lying --- and maybe they are all clueless and lying --- I would have to draw the conclusion that the Z10 ain't exactly a barn-burner around here.

Of course, like many here on CB I'm sure, I do keep my eye open, informally, to see if I can actually find another Z, or Q, in action, and haven't seen one in the general public. Nobody I know has a newer BB device. I have quite a few work/business acquaintances that have a 9900 or an older Bold, but none with the newer variety. When I show them mine, they ALL say they like it, and it looks great, and so forth. But, don't see many, if any, sporting one.

I hear that BB will be reporting out for the quarter soon. I guess we'll know more (hard, reputable data) then. It's just that the informal, anectdotal, evidence around here would suggest, well, ........

Maybe the Q10 can spike the punch a little bit, but I really dunno. I just don't get it at all.......I love my Z. It just seems it ain't getting a lot of love around my neck of the woods.

IS it a blunder? Not in my opinion ---- looking at what it can do and based on my experience with it.... I love it.

Is it a blunder relative to actual sales / anticipated sales? DOn't know. I guess only BB really knows.....
    GrumpyAeroGuy

Z10: STL100-3 10.2.1.1925, T-Mobile
    Q10: SQN100-5, 10.2.0.1725, Bell
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pinkvikchick View Post
    Z10 a "blunder"...sorry for the thread title, I got all crazy and just started hitting buttons....

The BlackBerry keyboard returns … but is it too late? - NBC News.com

"When BlackBerry launched its latest operating system — BlackBerry 10 — on an all-touch smartphone, we scratched our heads. Physical keyboards are a defining BlackBerry feature — why the heck would they be set aside during a critical time for the company? The blunder has made the latest BlackBerry, the Q10 — along with its physical keyboard — the smartphone maker's final hope."

Blunder? I was looking for a place to email the writer and ask where it was a "blunder" but then I thought- maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about? Am I crazy or is she?
    I think he is out of touch with the majority as clearly while some like a physical keyboard the majority voted by buying smart phones without keyboards.

In my opinion that was one of the biggest things that killed Palm was their refusal to build a phone without a keyboard. I think BlackBerry has it right with the Z10 but it will take some time for people to find out just how good this phone is.

I just upgraded my phones and could have bought any phone I wanted and I chose to go with the BlackBerry Z10. This is the first time we have ever had BlackBerry phones and if they did not have the Z10 we would not have considered BlackBerry this time.

The market is far larger for phones without keyboards than it is for phones with keyboards and tiny screens.