I have an issue with my Z10 where I'm unable to make calls when connected to the bluetooth in my car using voice commands. The bluetooth works fine when making calls by manually using the phone by touching the contacts and calling (while connected via bluetooth).

What happens is, I say something like "Call John, Mobile", it comes back and asks if I want to call John on Mobile, I say yes, it then says "Calling John, Mobile" and I notice as soon as it finishes dialing the number it immediately hangs up (as if someone pressed the End Call button). Bluetooth stays connected but it keeps ending the call as soon as the number finishes dialing.

If I use the voice commands while NOT connected via bluetooth, phone works perfectly fine.

I have not been able to get this to work at all, is this a known issue?

I have a 2006 Lexus IS350, checked the website, says Z10 is compatible.
    08-20-13 09:29 AM
    Do you use your cars voice control system to call or do you use the BlackBerry voice control ?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:30 AM
    I'm using the BB voice control to call (I can hear the voice control responses through my car speakers).
    08-20-13 09:32 AM
    Mine doesn't work either on a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado. This is talking through the Onstar system, you access it by saying Onstar, blue tooth, voice, then call John Doe Mobile. I usually end up getting a sonar pinging sound. My 9780 worked.

If I just use phone numbers stored in the Onstar system and the Z10 connected with blue tooth it works fine.

I believe the voice dialing works on my 2013 Chevrolet, so maybe it's not quite backward compatible with older systems.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:40 AM
    Same problem thought it was me. Using.plantronics legend

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:42 AM
    So the only workaround for this is to add all of our contacts into our car's phone book?
    08-20-13 10:23 AM
    I have a 2008 Honda Accord which comes with Honda's proprietary Hands Free Link. I cannot answer nor make a call from my Z10 if I'm listening to music through wired/aux mode. The call remains connected but is no longer routed through the car's stereo system.
    08-20-13 10:34 AM
    I usually use the voice control integrated into my car. Typically the phone book syncs as soon as blue tooth is connected

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:36 AM
    I have a 2008 Honda Accord which comes with Honda's proprietary Hands Free Link. I cannot answer nor make a call from my Z10 if I'm listening to music through wired/aux mode. The call remains connected but is no longer routed through the car's stereo system.
    Same problem here, driving an Acura TL. HandsFreeLink does not work well with my Z10 and official OS releases. I think the issue may be fixed with 10.2 however so far there are many other problems with Bluetooth in 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:41 AM