Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Blue tooth audio streaming issues

When I have my Z10 connected via blue tooth to either blackberry music gateway or my blue any earpiece I am getting severe playback issues. Skipping, glitch in to the point that it becomes more of a pain in the arse than it is worth using.

It is worth noting that ify phone is laying stable on a surface there are no issues, but if it is in my pocket I get these problems when I am walking around.

It's not an issue with the playback as when I have my corded headphones connected there are no problems, but once I connect via blue tooth and am walking around I get these issues.

Anybody have any insight into this? Both the gateway and my earpiece support ad2p so I can't seem to find a fix for this....

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am using an ArtMusicPanel A2DP bluetooth Art speaker and i also prefer to lay down the phone and not walking around with it.
    Its not a Z10 issue because i have experienced this with my Bold 9900 as well. No problem for me to lay down the phone when listening to music.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FB78E5

I have not experienced this. I have a music gateway and a Motorola T505.

I did have similar issues with my 9900 and a blue tooth headset if I put the phone in a pocket on the opposite side of my body from the headset. Is your body between the phone and the blue tooth device?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

No problems on my side...And this is with the BlackBerry music gateway, Cambridge Dac Magic and Motorola ear piece. Only time it has dropped reception is with the 8track music app and Slacker Radio and that was related to the apps themselves.
    Sounds like a lemon issue.
    First restart the phone(battery pull) and then remove/delete all paired devices from your bluetooth settings list and repair the devices you wish to use. If thus doesn't work return phone for a new one.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

I have one of the original BlackBerry Gateway's and have not yet encounter ed this problem. Have you tried to un pair the devices and the pair them again, could be a glitch from the first OS Still holding on?
    Just a thought!

CB10 App, Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24D72E0F

When you're walking around occasionally you will be between the gateway and the phone and the device will have to transmit through you, add in that distances will vary an if you're at the edge of range when the phone is between you and the gateway I'd expect there to be a skipping issue. BT is not a particularly strong transmitter. Why not just put your phone down?
    --
    Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
    Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 6220 classic, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8 .......
    currently Blackberry Z10 after 20 years of Nokias oh and 2 64GB Playbooks!!
    CrackBerry User

I have this problem with my z10 also. Cuts in and out. Poor connection compared to my cousins older version android. She can go like three times as far without having the same. Issues. Got to try deleting and reconnecting. Would software upgrades possibly help in the future.
    CrackBerry Genius

Weak signal it seems like. I have the same problem when connected to my cars BT

Posted via CB10
    BBM Channel: C00120B93
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a rocket blue tooth music gateway and it skips and hops a bit if I work on phone while playing music. Definitely something wrong going on

Posted via CB10
    Two Playbooks and Z10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Now that you mention it, I had the z10 in my pocket the other day while doing yard work and wearing BT headphones. When I was moving around I'd get skips in the playback, but if standing still all was good. Very peculiar. At first I thought maybe the lawn mower was causing the issue, but it continued after I was done mowing.
    When in the car BT audio works perfectly.
    Shareholder and owner of Playbook and STL-100-3 Z10 on Telus in Alberta
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

I only have bluetooth problems when connected to multiple devices. Say my playbook and some headphones. Disconnect the playbook and good to go. Also it might be the strength of the receiving device because my truck never! Cuts out, until I start pushing the distance. I'm able to do headphones and heart rate monitor on my Z10 fine aswell.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Sir Glaurung the Great

Could it be when the phone goes from portrait to landscape mode? I have a 64 gb. Playbook, and with Nuetron Music Player, it does the same thing, when switching from port. to land. there can be a slight hiccup/glitch.

Foaming at the mouth waiting for the 19th of this month when my upgrade hits and going ZED....

Had Storm 2, then Torch 9850, and now watching the calendar..............like waiting for Christmas!

C
    CrackBerry Abuser

Can z10 connect to multiple bluetooth devices? Can't seen to get my BlackBerry bluetooth speaker and bluetooth plantronics connected at the same time. I am running 1925 leak

Posted via CB10

Quote Originally Posted by niceup View Post
    Can z10 connect to multiple bluetooth devices? Can't seen to get my BlackBerry bluetooth speaker and bluetooth plantronics connected at the same time. I am running 1925 leak

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe it can connect to two LIKE devices, such as both Speakers and a headset at the same time. How would it know which one to use? But it can connect to say a mouse and the BB Music Gateway, both using BT at the same time - I use it to hook up to my TV and watch videos. At the same time it is also connected to my Playbook, so, at least, 3 bt devices at once - just engaged in separate, not overlapping processes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    I don't believe it can connect to two LIKE devices, such as both Speakers and a headset at the same time. How would it know which one to use? But it can connect to say a mouse and the BB Music Gateway, both using BT at the same time - I use it to hook up to my TV and watch videos. At the same time it is also connected to my Playbook, so, at least, 3 bt devices at once - just engaged in separate, not overlapping processes.
    Understood, however I am having trouble switching between devices. I have a plantronics bt headset which I use in the car and a BlackBerry mini speaker which I use at home.

I had the mini speaker connected and when I tried to switch to the bt hs I am having trouble pairing. I am also having trouble pairing back to the BlackBerry mini speaker.

It finds my device but I can't seam to pair it.

Any suggestions?

Z10 Blue tooth audio streaming issues-img_20140103_102952.png
    Z10 Blue tooth audio streaming issues-img_20140103_102224.png

Posted via CB10

Tap the "line" with the paired or connected device. You should now be in a more detailed screen where you can tap DISCONNECT.

I have found that "bouncing between my Playbook and Z10, and the HP mouse and the Music Gateway, sometimes one or the other will not disconnect easily and if in the vicinity reconnect almost immediately. I have had to DISCONNECT 2 or 3 times sometimes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have played around with this issue as well. When the z10 back panel is face down against your thigh while in your pocket your bt transmitter now has to transmit the signal through your leg thus the signal gets cut out. Best thing to do is face it the other way ( back panel facing towards air) while in your pocket so it's now unobstructed.

While moving the signal will get cut out if there isn't much to reflect the signals off of (like say you are in an open field). Best thing to do to avoid is this is to keep the z10 closer to your audio output device like maybe a chest pocket and back panel facing out.

This is not a fault of the z10 but just a limitation of blue tooth in general depending on the device.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

I just got the new Beats studio wireless it working will good with the z10

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,874 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask and maybe I'll tell...

Quote Originally Posted by niceup View Post
    Understood, however I am having trouble switching between devices. I have a plantronics bt headset which I use in the car and a BlackBerry mini speaker which I use at home.

I had the mini speaker connected and when I tried to switch to the bt hs I am having trouble pairing. I am also having trouble pairing back to the BlackBerry mini speaker.

It finds my device but I can't seam to pair it.

Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140103_102952.png 
Views:	318 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	235748
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140103_102224.png 
Views:	318 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	235750

Posted via CB10
    My devices stay paired. I don't have an issue connecting between them. Maybe os related?

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?

Attachment 235826
    AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8320
    BlackBerry Curve 8900almost BlackBerry Bold 9700
    BlackBerry Torch 9800+9810 BlackBerry Z10BlackBerry Z30
    64GB PlayBook iTouch 4th gen for my iOS fix
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,874 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask and maybe I'll tell...

Z10 Blue tooth audio streaming issues-img_20132503.png

? At&t z10 stl100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8320
    BlackBerry Curve 8900almost BlackBerry Bold 9700
    BlackBerry Torch 9800+9810 BlackBerry Z10BlackBerry Z30
    64GB PlayBook iTouch 4th gen for my iOS fix
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by curvezzz View Post
    My devices stay paired. I don't have an issue connecting between them. Maybe os related?

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?

Attachment 235826
    Thanks...could be.
    I upgraded from 1791 a long time ago.
    I am on 1925

Posted via CB10