Hello!!

Have a z10 and battery life is very short (about 8 hours).
    Receiving a lot of emails (more than 100 per day not blackberry acount)
    with push activated.

Do you know any solution to extend battery life or does anyone knows if exist any bigger battery than the standar one ?

Thanks
    08-26-13 07:11 AM
    No, sorry. We all have the same. Otherwise there would be about 50 threads with solutions here, that you would have found using the search function.

Posted via CB10
    APO1982 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:19 AM
    Assuming your 100+ emails are coming from a work account and you have access to changing the sync rate timing, I'd start there.

Other settings you can work with are display, network (using HSPA+ instead of LTE), and disabling the lock screen gesture.

Battery life on the Z10 is definitely something you'll have to learn to live with if you're coming from an older BlackBerry. There is certainly extended battery options out in the market but most of them are huge and require a new battery cover to accommodate the bulk added. With just a little tweaking you should be able to extend your current battery life to 12 hours or more.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    APO1982 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:21 AM
    Don't worry, pal, I've got your back. If you search 'z10 extended battery" on ebay, you'll find a 4500mAh one, 2.5~times the stock one, but no STL100-1 support.

But there is this other provider, mugen power, with an actual reputation and a website (oh wow!) with a 3800mAh battery, for all models.

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...berry-z10.html

As for battery tips, lower down the brightness, turn off unused radios, turn off "Allow gestures when locked", switch to 3G if you ain't using LTE, etc.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    APO1982 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:24 AM
    Hello!!

Have a z10 and battery life is very short (about 8 hours).
    Receiving a lot of emails (more than 100 per day not blackberry acount)
    with push activated.

Do you know any solution to extend battery life or does anyone knows if exist any bigger battery than the standar one ?

Thanks
    Have you installed the latest 10.2 leak (see my signature)? The battery life is better than before.

Also you could get the Blackberry accessory which has a battery inside that you can charge in-line when you are charging your phone and then either use to charge your phone later or swap out the battery.
    APO1982 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:29 AM
    OP, I was in your same situation. Getting about 100 work emails during the work day. I had about 20% more battery consumption during work hours compared to non-work. I tried several things to solve this until I just decided to charge my Z10 in the afternoon.

Finally enough data points lined up to give me what I believe to be the answer. The number or emails received is the problem. My testing showed using push (ActiveSync) makes no difference compared to using scheduled polling (every 15 minutes for example). The problem, I believe, is the universal search feature must index every email that comes in. That appears to keep the CPU pretty busy all day.

I solved the problem on my Z10 buy writing several rules in Outlook to move most of the email (which I don't need to see when not at work anyway) to a folder my Z10 doesn't sync. That made a considerable difference to my battery use during work hours. Since I have Outlook open at work anyway, I don't need all the email on my phone when at work.
    APO1982 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:40 AM
    With that much action on your z10, 8 hours is.not bad at all. I was getting less. Solved it by getting myself one of those 4500mah mentioned above. Its a monster. Ordered two more for two of my friends.

Posted via CB10
    APO1982 likes this.
    08-26-13 08:18 AM