Love my z10 with WIND. Haven't seen many Wind threads so thought I'd give it a go. So I've been with WIND for 3 years and am 90% satisfied!... a lot higher than I was with Telus. I see all these people who are paying $80,$100,$120 with Rogers or Bell!! If you are within the wind zone its a no brainer...$30 & $40 a month unlimited everything! Obviously there coverage isn't Quite as good, but 98% of the time it's great! I buy my phones outright and then end up saving $1500+! We should all be supporting new competition, Bell and Rogers have too much control and we are often paying 200-300% more than other countries!! That's crazy! ..if you're still with them, I'd love to hear your thoughts! By the way this isn't a promo for Wind, I just hate it when I hear people complain about expensive phone bills when their are other options...

Posted via CB10
    anon5645485 likes this.
    04-16-13 05:48 PM
    I'm with Wind on the $40 unlimited nationwide package =)

Always hated the big 3 Robbers

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 05:51 PM
    I'd love to love to Wind but the coverage bubble hadn't frown enough for me to consider it yet.

I'd be fine a large percentage of the time but once I do leave my zone I'd essentially be without my phone which would be crippling as that's when I really need it

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-16-13 06:04 PM
    I was so close to going with wind because of their great package, but I noticed two of my coworkers always coming over to my office when they were talking on their phone.

I asked them what was going on and they told me they were with wind and my Window office was the best area to get coverage since they are located more inside the building.

Hopefully wind will get better coverage in the future.

Btw: do they have LTE?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:10 PM
    We haven't had choice for cell service in SK outside of the cities until about 3 years ago. Sasktel has pretty much had a lock on it up till then.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:15 PM
    Im going to switch up soon too, my bills with Virgin/Bell always close to $100/mth

Wind and Moblicity is my top choices.
    04-16-13 06:35 PM
    No lte yet for either of the smaller carriers.

I am hopeful that the 2 companies will merge into a real 4th player right now they aren't even a thought for an of the big 3 ceos. I want them to become tmobile and actually worry the incumbents with their different thinking

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-16-13 06:39 PM
    I have been with Wind even before they were Wind, ad I abandoned the big three before the auction for spectrum.

I had the cheapest *** phone and sacrificed for 2 years before Wind was up lol. Tortured

Clearnet/Telus didn't value my loyalty, so I walked.

Now I pay $40 for long distance in North America, global text, unlimited data, and tethering. The few hiccups is worth the price.

Couldn't wait it out for the Z10 as mine is an unlocked Koodo phone

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB_Ooo; 04-17-13 at 11:04 AM.
    04-16-13 06:55 PM
    I'm with Wind

agree with the original poster 100%

$40 unlimited. It's pretty awesome value.

I stay in the city pretty much of the time and my signal is pretty stable most always

Just activated my Z10 and did a speed test and I got about 5Mbit download which is as much bandwidth as my DSL. I'm sure it will be more than satisfactory for my phone.

On a side note - the BlackBerry 10 Crackerry app is FN wicked!

Anyone know of any other new BB10 apps that are as refined and utilize the BB 10 powers in the same way?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:59 PM
    If you travel a lot in Canada, Bell is the way to go. They have the largest coverage.

To keep it even, I have a Bell phone while my wife has a Rogers phone.

Our teenage daughter has a Wind phone which she can afford the payments but complains she loses coverage when we leave the city.

My Bell phone always seem to have service while it lacks in some areas of Canada.

If you stay in the city, they're all pretty much the same.

Via my Z10
    04-16-13 07:32 PM
    Yeah I agree, Wind is great in the city. I am usually only between Toronto and Niagara so it covers most of the area just fine

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:49 PM
    I think it can even depend on what the coverage is like for Bell vs Rogers in your home and office. It sucks to be in a dead zone at home. I find that Rogers has better coverage at my office (I get 5 bars on P3 in the parking garage whereas Belus has No Signal) but Rogers has a dead zone on my way home where I often drop calls.

I occasionally take the Lakeshore East GO train from TO to Scarberia and much of the route gives a poor signal - I took it today and my Rogers iPad kept losing the signal and the woman across from me had two dropped calls. I asked her if she was on Roger and she said "Yeah, their coverage sucks"
    04-16-13 08:55 PM
    Wow, i just assumed it covers everywhere now

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:09 PM
    I looked at WIND but their coverage in the London Ont area is not good. Unless I essentially stay in the city then it is fine but I am often times out of the city and would be charged roaming for voice and data. So till they move nationwide it is a non starter for me.
    04-16-13 10:13 PM
    WIND has 4G HSPA+, although LTE may sometimes be faster, right now it's nothing more than a really great marketing plan. Often LTE speeds are exaggerated and NEVER really reach max speeds, but hey, to each their own . Wind obviously isn't for everyone, but all the wind issues I had in 2010 are nearly non existent. I have 4-5 bars all day. If you travel that's a little different, however most people don't realize you can still use your phone in wind away, I just throw an extra $10-$20 on if I need to text or call outside of their home areas and that lasts 2-3 months

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:21 PM
    I left Wind because the limited home areas were just too restrictive for my use. I live in a home zone but still ran into dead spots.

Plus if you leave the home zone you essentially have nothing...who wants to roam in your home city?

God forbid you have to call customer service...horrible, offshore call centres.

They are cheap...they have that.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:22 PM
    The main reason I started the post is seeing people who don't go anywhere but where they live and yet still pay $100. Most people read a couple coverage issues and assume that they would rather pay double to avoid that. For me, it works well and never have coverage issues. Really depends on the city you live in. For those who travel every week, stick with Bell or Rogers, hopefully WIND will be there in the near future!!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:28 PM
    Also I have a couple buddies on Rogers 1G $80 plan, I'll send a video but they won't watch it because "It will eat up data " if im paying $80, I would not wanna be concerned about data

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:31 PM
    Been with Wind for the past couple years out here in Vancouver. Call quality and data speeds are fine when you're paying 40 bucks a month for unlimited talk/text/data. Only thing that ticks me off is building penetration. Wind in big concrete buildings is not very good at all. I'm assuming it's due to the higher frequencies they use, when I was using Rogers I was paying double and not even getting half of what I am now. Other than that, coverage and service is awesome in the city. I'm a student so it works for me, might jump to the Big 3 if building penetration becomes an issue but I will definitely try to hang onto Wind for as long as possible.
    04-16-13 10:55 PM
    Also I have a couple buddies on Rogers 1G $80 plan, I'll send a video but they won't watch it because "It will eat up data " if im paying $80, I would not wanna be concerned about data

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong, I have no love for Roger's high prices, but I am compelled to reply to your post. I have a 6gb/month data plan with Rogers, but I find I have to actually try and go out of my way to even break the 2gb usage. I usually do 1.5gigs a month. I sometimes change my connection off of wifi on purpose to use LTE so I feel like I'm doing some damage.

But I work all day, so I don't tend to use data at work, then when I go home, it switches to Wifi. And when I go out, we'll... I don't usually watch things on my phone when I am socializing with my friends.

So wind's prices is what would peak my interest, not the unlimited data. So penetration(I feel dirty just saying that word LOL) and coverage when I travel is important to me. I hope Wind does get better, I would switch just for the principal.
    04-16-13 11:31 PM
    I have been with wind since the first day they started providing service and many of the issues they had have been resolved. I switched to koodo just so I can get the z10 and tried out their service for a couple month 60 dollar plan 2gig data nation wide calling and I was always worried about running out of data. Got sick of it so came back to wind. Got 300 dollars for bringing my own device and I get to call states unlimited since I call states a lot. Z10 even makes wind better lol...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:33 PM
    If it weren't for the coverage, I'd go with them but I can't have roaming charges when I'm 15 minutes out of town. Typical months would be fine but the others would rack up the charges. YoY I'm better off with what I've got.
    04-16-13 11:38 PM
    I bought my Z10 outright so I wouldn't be jailed for 3 years with any companies under their ridiculous plan requirements and cancel/change my plan at any time I like. So far I'm happy with the Wind $40 plan but may downgrade to $30 as I barely call anyone outside of Ontario nowadays lol

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:38 AM
    I was so close to going with wind because of their great package, but I noticed two of my coworkers always coming over to my office when they were talking on their phone.

I asked them what was going on and they told me they were with wind and my Window office was the best area to get coverage since they are located more inside the building.

Hopefully wind will get better coverage in the future.

Btw: do they have LTE?

Posted via CB10
    LOL! That is just hilarious.

The perfect excuse for them to come over and annoy you by talking on the phone in your office.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-17-13 12:45 AM
    you get what you pay for...meaning smaller coverage area and no LTE which is a shame b/c Z10 flies on LTE
    04-17-13 12:49 AM
63 123