I am a Wpcentral Ambassador who loves playing with all platforms! I just finished my full review of the Z10 and BB10. CLICK HERE TO READ. It is over in the Blackberry section of WPCentral. I hope everyone enjoys and provides feedback. My LG Optimus G Pro review got featured on the front of Android Central and I am hoping for the same here. Thanks!
    sosof, Paullybob, diegonei and 2 others like this.
    07-27-13 03:56 AM
    Thanks for your review!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 04:11 AM
    Fair comment.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 04:16 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to review the phone. Having one myself, I agree with a few points, disagree with others. For example, volume is excellent on my unit, and music and videos have excellent clarity and volume. I do, however, agree that the unit is harder to read in daylight without the brightness level at maximum.

Overall, I have to say it was somewhat of a superficial review, in my opinion, with a focus on generalities and physical impressions, not detailed performance and feature reviews.

Did you hook up the hdmi to a tv? Did you sideload the Netflix app and try it out? BBM video is amazing...you didn't do that either. Did you experience the HD phone call voice quality? Did you mention the removeable battery or the SD card slot?

With all due respect, there are many, many features and benefits that should have been part of your "review".

I'd suggest spending more time with it, and re-writing a more comprehensive review, since you're asking for feedback.

Nevertheless, thank you again for your efforts...I just think the review is incomplete and superficial.

I look forward to seeing something "meatier".
    07-27-13 04:29 AM
    Great review imo! Thanks for giving the Z & BB10 a chance.
    As for the youtube app example you gave, have you given FastTube a try? It works great! The only in app purchase is the ability to sign in and access your playlists etc.
    mase123987 likes this.
    07-27-13 04:34 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to review the phone. Having one myself, I agree with a few points, disagree with others. For example, volume is excellent on my unit, and music and videos have excellent clarity and volume. I do, however, agree that the unit is harder to read in daylight without the brightness level at maximum.

Overall, I have to say it was somewhat of a superficial review, in my opinion, with a focus on generalities and physical impressions, not detailed performance and feature reviews.

Did you hook up the hdmi to a tv? Did you sideload the Netflix app and try it out? BBM video is amazing...you didn't do that either. Did you experience the HD phone call voice quality? Did you mention the removeable battery or the SD card slot?

With all due respect, there are many, many features and benefits that should have been part of your "review".

I'd suggest spending more time with it, and re-writing a more comprehensive review, since you're asking for feedback.

Nevertheless, thank you again for your efforts...I just think the review is incomplete and superficial.

I look forward to seeing something "meatier".
    I didn't hook up the hdmi and sideload Netflix. Part of the point I made in the review was that BB needs the average user, and the average user won't know you can side load apps, let alone figured out how to sideload it.

You are right, I didn't try BBM video because I know zero people with a BB of any type. I mentioned video on BBM and said that I have heard nothing but great thing about BBM. It isn't like I didn't mention it.

Obviously you didn't read over my review well because I also mentioned how it had better call quality than any of my other phones. I did mention the battery and even described it's size. I also mentioned the SD card slot.

Please actually read it all costas.
    07-27-13 04:43 AM
    A honest and fair review. BB OS 10 is still a little rough around the edges but is improving by leaps and bounds with every new leak coming out. By the time 10.2 is out, it will definitely offer a more complete experience. Lets hope the major missing apps will follow.....
    07-27-13 04:46 AM
    Great review imo! Thanks for giving the Z & BB10 a chance.
    As for the youtube app example you gave, have you given FastTube a try? It works great! The only in app purchase is the ability to sign in and access your playlists etc.
    I haven't tried fasttube. I bought Super for Youbtube. It worked well, just not Metrotube! I just downloaded FastTube. I will give it a shot later.
    07-27-13 04:46 AM
    I actually did read all of it...

The general call quality is excellent...BUT there is an HD level as well...that is what I am talking about.

If you want, I'll happily share my pin with you, so you can have a bbm experience.

As a general review post, what you've written is ok, but as a review to be published to the masses, it is lacking. Seriously lacking.

A review for public consumption needs to be more thorough, and as many aspects and features of the product demonstrated or reviewed. You need more time with the Z10. THEN, a full review is in order.

Sorry, but that is my opinion. You asked for feedback, you have mine.

My offer to test bbm stands.
    07-27-13 04:52 AM
    The comment about the speaker on the handset is definitely inaccurate. It may not be the loudest but the sound quality is better than most.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 05:58 AM
    I actually did read all of it...

The general call quality is excellent...BUT there is an HD level as well...that is what I am talking about.
    Isn't that carrier related? So not related to all?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-13 06:04 AM
    The comment about the speaker on the handset is definitely inaccurate. It may not be the loudest but the sound quality is better than most.

Posted via CB10
    It could just be my Z10, I don't know. I don't have another to compare it to. Also, I never used it as a speaker phone. It probably would sound good with that considering call quality was always very good.
    Last edited by mase123987; 07-27-13 at 06:45 AM.
    07-27-13 06:08 AM
    Isn't that carrier related? So not related to all?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    It appears you are right. Looks like AT&T will get it later this year at earliest.
    07-27-13 06:15 AM
    Y'all expect a reviewer to sideload Netflix?

No...
    07-27-13 06:33 AM
    Honest review I love BB for what it does, but the review gives you a clue to why it's catching on as quick as I would like, while still praising the device for the most part
    07-27-13 06:54 AM
    Honest review I love BB for what it does, but the review gives you a clue to why it's catching on as quick as I would like, while still praising the device for the most part
    I assume you mean "isn't" catching on compared to "it's". Anyways, I really like it as an OS. I am just afraid BB doesn't have the money or mindshare anymore to combat the Apple or Samsung/Android. I think WP would be behind BB10 right now if it wasn't for Nokia. MS, up to this point, hasn't made WP a priority like Nokia has.
    mathking606 likes this.
    07-27-13 07:05 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to write up a great and fair review. It just goes to show that even WP have a great community!!!
    mase123987 likes this.
    07-27-13 08:00 AM
    Interesting review. I do have an interesting perspective since I own both the Lumia 925 and the Blackberry Z10. I have always had a WP device because I subscribe to Zune pass. Getting a Z10 was a bit jarring to me (did I mention I also have an iPhone -work-), I didn't like the experience at all. I had some of the same reactions as you have. I kept it for 2 weeks and returned it.

After the 10.1 upgrade I bought another Z10. A whole different experience! The phone was now fluid. Battery life was solid and the OS now felt mature. A couple of months in and I can say, the Z10 is one helluva device.

Your review is typical and very apropos. The only issue, and not your fault, is the Z10 breaks the mold of a traditional phone. It is not a phone you can review in days. It is such a perfect marriage of hardware and software that to fully understand and appreciate it, you have to use it as your primary phone for months. To understand my point try this little exercise. Go to Youtube and google tips and trick for any smartphone out there. The Z10 is one of the few phones with 2 or 3 part series of tips and tricks videos! Windows Phone is the least impressive. I own a Lumia 925 and after mastering the Z10, the Lumia is like a glorified media viewer. I do love my Lumia. The camera app is outstanding, and the glance screen feature is very neat, but that is the problem. It is too app centric. I can summarize a Windows phone experience like this; a front page with dynamic bookmarks (live tiles), a swipe to the left that brings up a list of apps. That is it. There is nothing more to it. You have your tiles that are essentially shortcuts to apps, and you swipe to get to more apps that you use. The mails boxes are not unified. The notification is as weak as BB10's, and messaging is a joke. Blackberry has BBM. Apple has iMessage. Android has Google Chat. Windows phone has.... Instant Messenger? I honestly don't know what they have. I just use SMS on it.

I have been very critical of RIM/Blackberry. They are poorly run, IMHO. However, they put a lot of thought into the design of this OS. The little nuances that you discover daily never fails to make me smile. Just the other day I discovered that if you open up the keyboard and push on the backspace key it will automatically bring up all the commonly used "starter" words. It is like they thought of everything!

However, this approach is why Z10 is struggling. They wanted to bake everything in there at one shot. That made them miss the initial release date. They could have used Google's or Apple's approach of getting a solid OK system out there and incrementally add new features. I believe this would have been a better move since they would have met ETA. The secondary fallout of baking everything in, is there is now a steep learning curve involved with using the Z10. Most people do not give enough time to master the usage (as shown by this review) but those of us that have mastered it cannot see ourselves going back to a lesser phone.

EDIT: I have to add, of all my phones, the Z10's call clarity is in a class of its own. Also, it pairs better with my BMW than my iPhone (iDrive is a joint effort of BMW and Apple) does. If you own a BMW, own an iPhone but is considering a Z10. Do not worry about the pairing part. It pairs with no hiccups at all.
    07-27-13 08:53 AM
    jbestman, please let me know what magic BB10/Z10 has that I couldn't have noticed? I think all your comment showed was that you are absolutely in the love with BB10, which is great! But I think you are underestimating what I have learned since I have bought it.

Btw, I wasn't trying to post a review saying WP8 is better, don't bother with BB10. I genuinely like all BB10 has to offer.

Also, saying WP is basically just some tile shortcuts to apps is sort of crazy. Without any apps, WP can take a picture of text and translate it into many languages. Did you know that?
    07-27-13 09:03 AM
    Fellow ambassador! I'm looking forward to read your review!

I think this is an awesome idea! We should have Ambassador Round Robins!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 09:09 AM
    Fellow ambassador! I'm looking forward to read your review!

I think this is an awesome idea! We should have Ambassador Round Robins!

Posted via CB10
    As long as you send me your phone first....lol
    07-27-13 09:14 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to write up a great and fair review. It just goes to show that even WP have a great community!!!
    You use "even" as if WP people are naturally evil and shouldn't be trusted!
    07-27-13 10:12 AM
    jbestman, please let me know what magic BB10/Z10 has that I couldn't have noticed? I think all your comment showed was that you are absolutely in the love with BB10, which is great! But I think you are underestimating what I have learned since I have bought it.

Btw, I wasn't trying to post a review saying WP8 is better, don't bother with BB10. I genuinely like all BB10 has to offer.

Also, saying WP is basically just some tile shortcuts to apps is sort of crazy. Without any apps, WP can take a picture of text and translate it into many languages. Did you know that?
    Yes. I know that. I am not knocking you. Trust me. I have both devices. I use them everyday. Your example of the scan is exactly my point. That is app related. As in, Bing. It is not a bad feature though. Now let me give you an example of the effortless synergy that Blackberry has. I am right now in Pennsylvania on a leisure trip. I booked the hotel on Hilton.com. Without ever opening or pushing an "eye" icon. I got a confirmation of my itinerary instantly from Blackberry Travel. Complete with check in and check out times; confirmation numbers, and recommendations of what to do while in PA. It automatically saved it into my calendar and reminded me promptly a day before my trip. Again, remember, I never once touched my phone or opened that app to tell it I was going to PA. All I did was book a room from Hilton.com and everything else was automatically taken care of by my phone. It does this every time you book a room, buy a ticket or just book trips. Things like this you do not find out in a day or two of owning the phone. That's all I am saying.

While your review is well intended, it is difficult to cover all that the Z10 can do in such a short time. But, your review was a good review. I wish you can use the phone exclusively for a while longer, you will be amazed. I know I was, and I own the Lumia, one of the best media friendly phones on the planet.
    07-27-13 10:32 AM