I've had my Z10 now for just over 2 days, and I'll admit that there is a great deal of improvement needed on the UI/OS side of the device. However, I can't help but wonder if BlackBerry intentionally held back a bit and is planning on releasing major improvements to BB10 through updates in the near future or if they really think the current state is up to par with earlier versions.

There are many features in the older versions of BBOS that people loved that were left out of the initial release.

Is BB making a strategic move in releasing a subpar OS only to release an update that in comparison will reintroduce the iconic features we've come to adore about these devices?

I for one hope they take a second look at the key functionalities that made BB devices unique, and that were left out of BB10.
    02-10-13 02:58 AM
    is this a serious post?
    02-10-13 03:05 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Congratulations on your purchase of a BlackBerry Z10 device.

They strategically decided to ship a device and an OS as stable as possible with enough functionality that it satisfies most users while forgoing some features that were less important *until* they could get to them.

BlackBerry 10 is a new platform and BlackBerry will want to keep innovating and improving it with the goal of being a best-in-class experience. This includes bringing back many productivity features that people found useful on legacy BlackBerry OS.
    02-10-13 03:07 AM
    Thank you! I'm happy to be here and to continue to support a company that I believe and have faith in.

The Z10 is greatly underestimated, it has the potential to restore BlackBerry as a strong innovative leader and competitor. I understand the challenges that BlackBerry faced in developing BB10, and continues to face competing in the mobile device arena.

It will no doubt be an intense year for the company and its followers.
    02-10-13 03:22 AM
    There are many features in the older versions of BBOS that people loved that were left out of the initial release.

Is BB making a strategic move in releasing a subpar OS only to release an update that in comparison will reintroduce the iconic features we've come to adore about these devices?

I for one hope they take a second look at the key functionalities that made BB devices unique, and that were left out of BB10.
    I think it is wrong to describe bb10 as a subpar OS by any sane stretch of the imagination, but as far as stuff that is missing from bbos, some of that stuff will get added in time might simply be down the priority list behind new features that lots of people will like and use, but other stuff mat simply be gone for good as bb10 is not simply bbos remade for qnx after all.
    02-10-13 04:17 AM