I notice that whenever my phone battery level is below 20% and I open an app after that, there will be a notification sound and then the phone will shut down it self. It is really troublesome as sometimes the documents I aren't able to save it before it closes it self. Any advice or help?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 09:35 AM
    I notice that whenever my phone battery level is below 20% and I open an app after that, there will be a notification sound and then the phone will shut down it self. It is really troublesome as sometimes the documents I aren't able to save it before it closes it self. Any advice or help?

Posted via CB10
    I have rarely had my phone turn off due to low battery but it did it last night was I was using the hdmi to tv. But it warned me that the battery was getting low. I think there may have been two warnings, one at 20% and another at 10% but I don't fully recall. Then it turned off. It would not turn back on till it had been on the charger for a while.

I would guess that depending on the app that you are opening and its power demands, it might suck the power down suddenly. But I would hope that it is not a normal occurrence that 20% is the auto-cutoff for just any app. There are discussions of recalibrating the battery but I'm not sure how valid they may or may not be.
    02-24-14 10:33 AM
    But when the battery level is 18% and I open clash if clans it turns off itself

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 08:01 PM
    I noticed that battery drains off when I mostly use android ports

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    02-24-14 08:04 PM
    But at least there should be an notification first and not turn off straight away when there is still over 10% of battery level

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 11:00 PM
    The same thing happens to my Q10 from day 1 6 months ago
    I have tried everything and I bought a second battery but same problem
    Below 20 percent at about 14 when I receive a call it shuts down.
    I have really tried everything on the forum and other forums of calibrating but nothing
    I have tried charging the device in so many way's and with oem charges ,but again nothing
    Hundreds of wipes, clean installs, leaks, soft bricks and again official software os,but again nothing
    Neither the new battery fix the issue
    I think finally that this is hardware problem on blackberry devices and not software.
    Unfortunately in my country we don't have blackberry service ,so I'm living with this problem and charge my device all times above 20 %

From My Sexy Blackberry Q10...
    02-25-14 03:48 PM
    I fixed it by turning my phone on again until it run out properly and then when it did I kept turning it on the red battery bar screen to use even more juice then done a full charge

Posted using my z10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    02-25-14 06:51 PM
    Still happens, this time when the battery is around 15% and I watching video via Facebook, it just show notification sound and then turns off the device

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 10:16 AM
    Exactly. Almost the same happens to me as i said above,
    It's a hardware problem and unfortunately it can't be fixed.
    As i said I have tried every solution believe me and from expert friends but nothing....
    The only thing that you will do trying solutions is to fix it for a while...but the problem will appear again ....
    Sorry and i really hope you find a solution
    02-27-14 11:10 AM
    Maybe some devices have some sort of hardware issue. If the battery really was empty it should "re-calibrate" itself once the phone dies and you switch it on again.
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    02-27-14 11:19 AM
    Maybe some devices have some sort of hardware issue. If the battery really was empty it should "re-calibrate" itself once the phone dies and you switch it on again.
    Unfortunately it has happened a lots of times but the problem is still there,it seems that it can't calibrate properly
    As you said it's a hardware issue

From My Sexy Blackberry Q10...
    02-27-14 12:34 PM