I've found that despite the OS update and following the various tips (ie. turning off wifi, Bluetooth and NFC, change the screen timeout, change from LTE to 4G) I am maxing out at 4 to 4.25 hours -- when I'm lucky I can maybe get to 4.75 or even 5 hours of moderate use (ie. virtually no voice, moderate messaging (email, Whatsapp, BBM, SMS), moderate web surfing, moderate social media -- FB/Twitter). Are there any other tips short of carrying a spare battery (yes, I've ordered one). I try to keep my phone plugged in when I'm at my desk but that is harder when I'm travelling.

Any smart tips out there that I haven't yet tried?

What are others getting out of their battery? I'm hoping that my battery is a dud and a new one (the spare I ordered) may give me more juice.
    04-12-13 09:47 PM
    It does sound dodgy, I get about 10-12 hours with low to moderate use, my wifi and bluetooth are always on. But the battery life isn't that crash hot. I've ordered the spare battery charger bundle too. Try turning the screen brightness right down, change email sync settings to less often. Search the forums as ther are other suggestions out there.
    Wayne
    04-12-13 09:56 PM
    Is it still possible to exchange?
    04-12-13 09:58 PM
    Exchange battery you mean? I purchased the device so I don't think they would swap out the battery. I got the charging bundle and a 3rd spare.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:15 PM
    Exchange battery you mean? I purchased the device so I don't think they would swap out the battery. I got the charging bundle and a 3rd spare.

Posted via CB10
    How long have you had the device for.
    04-12-13 10:17 PM
    How long have you had the device for.
    this, mine has doubled in battery life after a week of owning it,
    04-12-13 10:43 PM
    I am going to see how long my awful battery lasts tomorrow from a full charge with my personal normal every day use. I have a feeling i don't even get 4.75 hours. Interesting to see you post that . . .
    04-13-13 12:11 AM
    Disable diagnostics you can find this in security options
    Made a nice difference here.
    smader12 likes this.
    04-13-13 01:25 AM
    Try my thread called "Try this battery saving Tip" search for it. People are reporting improvements and I have noticed major improvements.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:28 AM
    Try turning off the gestures on the lock screen, crackberry posted a link how to do it yesterday, this turns off the electrical current to your screen meaning you save battery... to unlock your phone you would have to press the lock button at the top of your device to awake the screen, I have had gestures disabled in the lock screen for 2 days and my battery life has improved greatly!

If your find that, that doesn't help much, I would take your phone to your point of purchase with your recipt and they should swap it for you

Posted via CB10
    smader12 likes this.
    04-13-13 02:34 AM
    Hi all had my Z10 for a week know and had problems with the battery until i deleted the ebay app and also turn of gestures in screen lock . unpluged phone at 7.30 am now 08.40 pm and still at 65% with light use .
    04-24-13 02:37 PM
    In the meanwhile I think the only way to save battery life is to turn off the phone. Less than 12 hours DAILY ... My Nokia 5110, 14 years ago is still lasting longer than this, with the ancient batteries. I am so dissapointed. I mean ... why the hack to I buy a smartphone if not for it's
    'smartness"? If I have to turn everything off in order to save battery life than ... I've got an ancient phone with the look of a brand new one. I sell mine. Crap!
    05-08-13 02:10 PM
    In the meanwhile I think the only way to save battery life is to turn off the phone. Less than 12 hours DAILY ... My Nokia 5110, 14 years ago is still lasting longer than this, with the ancient batteries. I am so dissapointed. I mean ... why the hack to I buy a smartphone if not for it's
    'smartness"? If I have to turn everything off in order to save battery life than ... I've got an ancient phone with the look of a brand new one. I sell mine. Crap!
    Mine last 12-14 hours with mid-heavy usage. You clearly have a app, syncing, or battery problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:12 PM
    Z10 battery life suggestions-img_00000620.png

Download battery guru, leave it on all day and come back with a screen shot, it will help us more. As you see with mine I get 10 hrs moderate use and 4 hrs of straight Crackberry. I can go 14,15 hrs of light usage and even more if I barely unlock it

Did that make sense :/

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:22 PM
    I, too, am only getting about 4-5 hours of battery life. Very frustrated. Left a 7:30 this morning, and am SOL by noon. This is really unacceptable in a mobile communication device
    06-06-13 01:39 PM
    If ask me it is not worth it
    06-07-13 09:14 AM
    I am also using Z10 I think it is the worst phone on the earth
    06-07-13 09:16 AM
    You say that it is the biggest battery with 3 hrs of lif
    06-07-13 09:19 AM
    The first few days my battery life where horrible... maybe getting 6 hours at most with not even moderate use. Nothing running in the background and I limited access to my apps, basically disengaging GPS.

However 4 days ago I decided to switch from LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM to HSPA+/UMTS/GSM and before I knew it I have been averaging closer to 13 hours with moderate use. The day before yesterday was a pretty heavy day and I got easily 9.5-10 hours out of it. Yesterday it was a light day and I turned on my phone at 6:30 am and when I went to bed at midnight I still had 30% showing.

So for me switching off LTE added, actually saved,a ton of juice.

I am on T-Mobile with model STL100-3 and software build 10.0.10.85
    06-07-13 09:25 AM
    I am also using Z10 I think it is the worst phone on the earth

looks like your new phone
    06-07-13 09:30 AM
    i would suggest getting the gold battery https://shop.n4bb.com/blackberry-z10...-gold-battery/
    I got it for my GF and she loves it
    06-07-13 09:32 AM
    I've tried every suggestion out there and I still cannot locate the source of the battery drain. Some days I have to charge my phone 3 times in a day.

I've downloaded battery guru and got a 100% full charge at about 2am. Took the charger off, and by 7am I am down to 68%. I figured I could get a good battery reading while I slept. Of course I wake up and my phone rebooted itself (another constant issue).

I've down the email syncing, turning gestures off, deleted android apps, turning diagnostics off, signed out of applications that ran in the bg... the list goes on and on.. the only thing I haven't done is wipe the device.

For a (current) flagship phone, I don't think this should be necessary to do. I just want a working phone that will at least get me through the day. I can't return it as the issues started happening outside of the two week phone trial period.

I also don't want to install a leaked or hybrid OS and redoing everything in the phone (merge contacts, apps, etc) is cumbersome.

So frustrating..

*sent from a tiny keyboard
    06-07-13 09:34 AM
    I've found that despite the OS update and following the various tips (ie. turning off wifi, Bluetooth and NFC, change the screen timeout, change from LTE to 4G) I am maxing out at 4 to 4.25 hours -- when I'm lucky I can maybe get to 4.75 or even 5 hours of moderate use (ie. virtually no voice, moderate messaging (email, Whatsapp, BBM, SMS), moderate web surfing, moderate social media -- FB/Twitter). Are there any other tips short of carrying a spare battery (yes, I've ordered one). I try to keep my phone plugged in when I'm at my desk but that is harder when I'm travelling.

Any smart tips out there that I haven't yet tried?

What are others getting out of their battery? I'm hoping that my battery is a dud and a new one (the spare I ordered) may give me more juice.
    Here's a suggestion http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=811099

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    06-07-13 09:56 AM
    A failed (memory card?) encryption can cause significant battery drain.

On 2354 I have the impression that encryption or the phone adds significant battery usage on standby.

Posted via CB10
    john1210 likes this.
    06-07-13 10:00 AM
    I'm at a point where I'm willing to try a leaked OS or the hybrid one from Kris. Been waiting for 10.1 from carriers forever. The hybrid looks interesting, I'm hoping it can resolve the battery issue like it did for my 9900. This hybrid one looks a bit more confusing than loading a standard leaked OS.

Does anyone has a step by step for this one?

*sent from a tiny keyboard
    06-07-13 10:18 AM
71 123