I am not going to change settings and do this and do that to try and extend battery life. I just carry a spare. I have 2 spares for my 9930 and just change battery if I need to. Most of the time I get a full day (13 or 14 hours) out of my battery. Certian apps do chew up the battery so if I get low I just pop a new battery in. Thats just me.
    III 4U2NV III likes this.
    02-22-13 10:04 AM
    Lte is nice on cold days, no need to wear gloves as the phone gets so hot
    LOL - hilarious
    02-22-13 10:49 AM
    What I'm wondering is if other flagship phones (iPhone 5, SGS III) have similar battery life when they're hammered with LTE usage.

Posted via CB10
    Can't talk about the iPhone 5, but when I'm in NY on LTE with my SGS III, I barely make it to 6pm without my phone dying. On the weekends back home in PA where it's just HSPA+, I maybe charge it once over the whole weekend. Twice if I use it a lot.
    02-22-13 10:55 AM
    Im also uk based and i took a calculated guess when you get to the final list it says '3g&2g' '3g only' '2g only'
    I chose 3g only and my network provider (o2) is now showing 'H+' so im guessing thats the right stuff.
    02-25-13 01:42 AM
    Im also uk based and i took a calculated guess when you get to the final list it says '3g&2g' '3g only' '2g only'
    I chose 3g only and my network provider (o2) is now showing 'H+' so im guessing thats the right stuff.
    If you choose 2g and 3G it should be able to drop down to Edge is you get out of 3G range. Having 3G only means it will lose signal if it goes outside the 3G range. 2G uses no power, really.
    02-25-13 02:05 AM
    My battery life was abysmal. When I first got the phone, it was good for about 9 or 10 hours. I don't use my phone a lot as I am at a notebook computer most of the day. I read some posts here, and while I didn't turn off LTE, I did delete a lot of apps I had downloaded just to try them out. Once I did that, my battery life went back up. I now get 12 hours easily (don't forget I'm a light user). Today I turned on my phone at about 9:00 AM, and it is showing about 75% full at almost 6:00 PM - about 9 hours later. Not bad!

I just turned off LTE. Thanks for that tip. Now maybe I won't have a really hot phone either.

So - lesson learned.... watch those apps! They can chew up your battery much faster than LTE!
    04-02-13 03:55 PM
    Or BlackBerry adds this functionality to their next update (in stead of having an extra app for it). After all, BB10 is made for people who do. This little useful functionality will add huge value to OS if they build it into the OS.
    One of the reasons I bought the z10 was specifically to have lte. I don't want to have to turn it off. What would be useful would be a simple app to quickly toggle from lte to hspa. Or, automatically toggle to hspa when the device is locked. Unlock and lte turns back on! that would be nice...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 04:16 PM
    Hi all had my Z10 for a week now and had problems with the battery until i deleted the ebay app and also turn of gestures in screen lock . unpluged phone at 7.30 am now 08.40 pm and still at 65% with light use .
    04-24-13 02:42 PM
    Gonna try turning of 4G. I noticed when I got the phone today that it was on 4G (didn't even know I had that, my previous phone did not support it). But only on 2 bars pretty much all time. Turned off 4G and now it's sitting constantly at 5 signal bars. Must be a bit better for battery life. Not that I noticed excessive draining with 4G. I just don't really need it for my use. Specially not at the cost of battery.
    04-24-13 03:26 PM
    Meanwhile in America... we can't switch back and forth willy-nilly (at least on VZW; I heard the others were the same, but I can't verify). So I just turn data services off most of the time; I am usually around WiFi anyway. I wonder if an off-carrier OS has the options? I'll love to just "idle" on 3G/1XEV. I doubt Verizon will ever lighten up and allow this function. I know someone had to do a 3rd party app to allow it on one or more Android models. Sort of annoying.
    04-24-13 03:54 PM
    Meanwhile in America... we can't switch back and forth willy-nilly (at least on VZW; I heard the others were the same, but I can't verify). So I just turn data services off most of the time; I am usually around WiFi anyway. I wonder if an off-carrier OS has the options? I'll love to just "idle" on 3G/1XEV. I doubt Verizon will ever lighten up and allow this function. I know someone had to do a 3rd party app to allow it on one or more Android models. Sort of annoying.
    On previous BlackBerrys T-Mobile restricted it to just 2G & 3G or 2G only. On the Z10 they've gone totally liberal and allow you to set it however you want.

GSM
    GSM/UMTS
    GSM/UMTS/LTE
    UMTS/LTE

Screw Verizon and AT&T for stripping out a very, very useful control.

I can see why they might want to block the UMTS and LTE only option, but other than that it's totally lame. Guess they want to disappoint more customers with no solution until further notice if they live between a 2G tower and 3G signal and are getting constant hand offs.

Ticks me off so much. Not even sure I'd want a smartphone without these settings. Need I say I am OCD?

~STV
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-24-13 04:07 PM
    I am not going to change settings and do this and do that to try and extend battery life. I just carry a spare. I have 2 spares for my 9930 and just change battery if I need to. Most of the time I get a full day (13 or 14 hours) out of my battery. Certian apps do chew up the battery so if I get low I just pop a new battery in. Thats just me.
    Totally agree! It's like driving a sports car and driving conservatively just to save gas. I just put more gas in.. =P
    04-24-13 04:07 PM
    Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:01 PM
    Took some of the tips (not drastic ones) because I had not been enjoying the LONG BATTERY LIFE that others had been experiencing; however, I've been off the charger since 10:30 am this morning and it's now 6:06 and I'm at 70%. Been emailing all day (have 4 different email IMAP) accounts, surfing the web all day and couldn't be happier. Hopefully this continues moving forward as I'm sooooo pleased.

Now if only the other glitches can be fixed to make this the SUPER PHONE that we all know that this will soon be and all others will be even more jealous of!!

:-)
    04-25-13 05:09 PM
    Is Bell really that bad? I'm up on Laurier and I'm getting almost five bars with Fido. Turned it down to HSPA+ anyways, since I absolutely don't need LTE for anything I do. I even get LTE in the basement of my apartment building, where my Wind phone wasn't getting any at all down there.
    04-25-13 05:18 PM
    Turning off LTE and going to 4G is the only suggestion that has worked to make a significant impact in battery life for me. I don't do much with the phone anyway, and if I need a faster connection I can always turn it back on.
    With LTE on, I get two days use, and that is with turning the phone off at night. And my useage is only for light texting, emailing, nothing heavy.
    With LTE off, I'm on my third day with 66% battery still left. Similar to my old blackberry bold.
    06-13-13 09:36 AM
    damn, too bad this doesn't work with AT&T and Verizon

It would be nice to see noticeable improvements in battery life
    06-13-13 09:54 AM
67 123