Hello there well, I had a Z10 but my husband fell in love with it and gave me a Q10 for my birthday last Thursday so he could have my zed and that's fine as I like the Q10 better. The problem is that since he's been using the Z10 the battery is going really fast! He changes it over night and unplug at 7am, when it's 10am he has just 20% left! I've never had a problem with the battery so I'm wondering what's going on? Is it because I did a wipe? He doesn't have many apps and doesn't play games so I don't know what's wrong please help? Should he get a new battery? We have tried everything and no success help?
    Thank you and sorry for the long post!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:54 AM
    Did he add email accounts with a large number of messages? A lot of new contacts? Did he delete and/or add a large number of new files to the media (SD) card? All of those things will require indexing which can cause excessive battery use for a while.

• Get an app that graphs power use. I use BatteryGuru but there may be others.
    • Activate Airplane mode and monitor battery use for about an hour. See if it dramatically changes.
    • Remove the SD Card and monitor battery use.

Have those things affected battery drain? If Airplane mode made a big difference, the phone is probably downloading something: email, contacts?

If the SD card made a difference, the phone is probably indexing the media card content. Also, some people have see battery use by the SD card that seems to be related to the actual model of the card.
    07-22-13 06:21 AM
    Sounds like he is using the radio more than you did. Surfing really sucks battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:31 AM
    Oh he did add loads of new contacts! I will ask him to try all that and see how it goes
    Thank you so much for your help!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:37 AM