What would really help with reports on battery life is also posting the OS version. The 10.0.10.85 and higher versions are supposed to have battery improvements included, and there are supposed to be more improvements in the next version as well.

One thing to also note is if you have any active tiles open, or any Android apps installed. It's already known that the eBay app is not currently battery friendly. I'm sure there are other apps that enjoy sucking the life out of the battery as well.
    04-01-13 06:39 AM
    As I have stated on the other battery life posts I have a phone that was good and now isn't. Five hours on standby doing nothing or five hours using heavy gets the same result. It would be great to know what is drawing so much juice. My phone never gets under 30c and usually is 33 34. Right now it running 36 with 151 mins to empty.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:07 AM
    This thread is like all of the leak threads for the other BlackBerry phones.

"This is the best leak yet. The battery is awesome"

"This is the worst leak yet. I don't know how you guys are getting more than 4 hours on this"

"This leak has battery usage about the same as 7.x.xxx"

So, we should not be surprised when this new phone with the new OS elicits the exact same responses from the crowd. Probably from the same people.
    04-01-13 07:32 AM
    I had atrocious battery life the first 2 days. My phone was dying around 1:00 after being off charger from 7:00. I was really getting annoyed the first 2 days.

Something happened that 3rd day. It was really strange. I went from draining at a rate of 15% to draining at a rate of 5%. I can now last a day and a half instead of the 6 hours I was getting initially.

Maybe there is a break in period for the battery like everyone had been suggesting.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I had the same issue as you the first few days. My phone basically lived on the charger. I'm not sure if this is purely coincidental but yesterday, I lowered the screen brightness setting by about 10% and now all of a sudden I am getting 2x the battery life that I was getting the first few days. Like I said, it could have been purely coincidental as nothing else has changed. I took my phone off the charger this morning at 9:30a and when i checked at approx. 6p, I had about 35% battery left. This was with moderate use today. The day before my phone was dead after 4-5 hours.

Is there a way to run a battery diagnostic on BB10 (like OS7.1) to get an exact hourly drain rate?
    I guess, I have to confirm that this theory could be true. In the first 3 days of my Z10, I was beginning to be disappointed at how quick the battery would be drained. On the 4th day of my phone, I fully charged it and left for work at 8AM. With moderate use (phone calls, sms, BBM, Facebook, email, Twitter and Foursquare), at 9PM my battery still has 54% of life on it. This was straight use without charging. Probably, the battery needs some breaking-in like an engine of a brand new car.
    04-01-13 07:56 AM
    Oh and btw, I followed the 10 Tips on improving battery life of the Z10 like turning off wifi when not in use, lowering the display brightness, shorter screen time out etc.
    04-01-13 07:59 AM
    My OS is 10.xx.85.
    Have 2 email accounts: a corporate
    EAS account set to push and a personal IMAP account sent to 1 hour sync.
    Have about 16 apps installed.
    Location setting off until I need it
    HSPA 4G when not on wifi.
    80% of my day the phone is on wifi.
    No active frame other than battery guru
    Brightness about 60%
    Led notification on for every option
    Vibration on only for phone
    Sound off for everything other than phone, whatsapp,and BBM.
    150 emails per day
    Moderate to heavy BBM use
    About 60 minutes of calls per day
    Heavy Internet use and THIS FORUM

I get roughly 15 hours.

I have travel installed and prior to the update my phone was running hot 35c+ and getting about 6 hours of battery. Now all is good. I really can't complain about the battery given all I do.

Posted from my Z10
    04-01-13 08:08 AM
    After removing android apps and keeping the gestures when locked off and keeping it 3G/2G I manage top squeeze about 15 hours all with moderate use.
    04-15-13 12:05 PM
    Mine has been going 4 days and still going whats so bad about that?
    Try to turn it on and use it then.... I am sorry but no modern smart phones without nuclear fusion integrated can last that long..

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 05:16 PM
    I'm sorry but I have to think some of these posts are complete BS.

15 hours of straight music and the phone lasted 20hrs total? 3-4 days of "heavy usage" without a charge? These can't possibly be true. I accept there are going to be different levels of battery usage for different phones but some of this stuff is just fantasy talk. I think the most anyone could expect with regular usage is 10hrs.
    04-27-13 05:43 PM
    mine lasts the full day 6-10:30 with moderate use, LTE and all the goodies on except for bluetooth and wifi. I dont watch videos but i listen to at least a hour of music, by time i get into bed its ready to charge again.
    04-27-13 05:59 PM
    I was having dire problems with battery life. I uninstalled ebay app and it has improved battery life a lot. It's still not fabulous but much better.
    07-19-13 02:26 PM
136 ... 456