My battery life was atrocious on day 1/2. Now it's fine, I have no issues whatsoever with it. Hspa+/utms as there is no LTE here. On the TELUS network.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 10:34 AM
    Hi all,

I just have to say that I am appalled at any review that says BB Z10 has "poor battery life", and here's why:

I was on iPhone (4 and 4s) from 2010-2012. I switched to the Samsung Galaxy S2 in 2012, and now I am a proud Z10 owner, as of Canadian launch (Feb 5th 2013).

My Z10 has been off its charger since I left for work this morning at 6:40am. I then took a screen shot at 6:37pm. I have been texting and BBMing throughout the day. I have sent e-mails, MMS, and took 3-4 2-3 minute calls. I briefly browsed the internet a few times. I did not watch any videos. I DID NOT PLUG IN MY PHONE AT ALL TODAY.

Attachment 134561

With my GS2, I had to have it plugged in to my computer at work by 12:00pm. My iPhone 4/4s needed to be plugged in around 2:00pm.

All of this "terrible battery life" nonsense is garbage. I wish I could have this posted on CrackBerry front page for everyone to see.
    With all do respect you are barely using the phone. I would hope your battery lasts all day with that type of usage. I can tell you that while I will be trying the Z10 I can go all day with heavy usage on my iPhone with LTE on. I hope the Z10 is as good from a battery standpoint.
    02-09-13 10:38 AM
    I'm putting mine in bedside mode in th holster with an alarm set at night , and losing about 5% per hour when I get up. Could really use the old auto on off feature.

02-09-13 11:36 AM
    My battery life was atrocious on day 1/2. Now it's fine, I have no issues whatsoever with it. Hspa+/utms as there is no LTE here. On the TELUS network.

This will be the 4th full day for me. First two days were not impressive.

Yesterday was the first full day on the go between office and on the road.
    Off the charger at 7:30am and had to recharge via. USB at 3:30pm. Was on there for over an hour and had just about a full charge. Was off the charger around 4:45pm and when I got home at about 11:00pm the phone was down to %30. Basically needed two chargers to get through the day. Really hoping for improvement here b/c otherwise I love this phone!
    02-09-13 11:41 AM
    I'm putting mine in bedside mode in th holster with an alarm set at night , and losing about 5% per hour when I get up. Could really use the old auto on off feature.

I don't understand this - if you are in bedside mode, and therefore presumably next to your bed, why are you not plugging the damn thing in for a battery charge overnight??
    02-09-13 12:09 PM
    I don't understand this - if you are in bedside mode, and therefore presumably next to your bed, why are you not plugging the damn thing in for a battery charge overnight??
    Was just about to ask the same thing. Loads of people seem to be complaining that their phone dies overnight. This is the best time to charge the thing!
    02-09-13 12:37 PM
    Day 1: picked up phone and it was at about 50% charge. Set it up, used heavily, and battery died within 2 hours.

Day 2 (7am to about 11pm): full charge. moderate usage, wifi on and connected half the time, about 1 hour talk time total, lots of browsing and moderate messaging. Battery was at 35% by end of day.

Day 3: similar to day 2. Battery was at 30% by end of day.

Rogers LTE in downtown area.

I'm not seeing the atrocious battery life that some reviewers are reporting, but there are many variables in play such as signal strength, data and voice usage, active apps. I can report that my z10 has had superior battery life to my 9900, which needed a charge after about 9 hours.

Agreed with whomever suggested a usage log to compare apples to apples in a quantitative fashion.
    02-09-13 01:05 PM
    I've had no real issue with my better y either. My wifi is on all the time to save data and the screen is on about 30/35% brightness. I'm on bell

02-09-13 01:13 PM
    Was just about to ask the same thing. Loads of people seem to be complaining that their phone dies overnight. This is the best time to charge the thing!
    considerign the screen is left while on bedside mode and the clock ius there, brightness is set low i'm not surprised soemone would notice 5% per hour drop. the screen on these full touch superphones is a big contributer to battery consumption, i have a co worker whose wife has an SGS3 and when shes on the bus playing sodoku or solitire on it the battery drops quickly. any hid quality HD screen will suck back the battery it really how it goes and a compramize youre going to have to accept ife you want a full touch device withe LTE and a dual core
    02-09-13 01:13 PM
    4 days while sitting on the counter maybe.. I'm sorry, but NO modern smartphone lasts 4 days with any kind of useage.
    I beg to differ, my 9930 routinely lasts 4 standard weekdays, it will be in the orange by the end but it will make it. BOLD FTW!!!

I am being a smartass of course because I have the big seidio batery in it.
    Last edited by momofteme; 02-09-13 at 01:56 PM.
    02-09-13 01:40 PM
    I beg to differ, my 9930 routinely lasts 4 standard weekdays, it will be in the orange by the end but it will make it. BOLD FTW!!!

I am being a smartass of course because I have the big seidio batery in it.
    lmao if theres no sim card maybe

i've maybe gotten 1.5 days out of my 9900 max of use, with browsing BBM, email and text messages but to say 4 day, i just can't see it, not even a little bit
    02-09-13 02:02 PM
    The first 2 days with my new Z10 I was not impressed with the battery life at all. Battery was dead by mid afternoon with light to medium use.
    Read on another forum to try charging the battery with the phone powered off. Tried that and after charging for about 9 hours the green "full charge" light was on.
    Set out to start my day at 6 a.m. and when I shut the phone down at 10:30 that night i still had 45% battery life, again after light to moderate use.
    My suggestion would be if you are unhappy with battery life to charge the phone with the device powered down.

Worked for me.

BTW I love my Z10
    02-09-13 02:15 PM
    lmao if theres no sim card maybe

i've maybe gotten 1.5 days out of my 9900 max of use, with browsing BBM, email and text messages but to say 4 day, i just can't see it, not even a little bit

maybe read both lines?
    02-09-13 02:27 PM
    The most objective comparison I can give is that with the same usage as my 9900 the Z10 lasts longer on a charge.

I get about 15hrs on the Z10 compared to 13hrs on the 9900

S

02-09-13 02:37 PM
    The first 2 days with my new Z10 I was not impressed with the battery life at all. Battery was dead by mid afternoon with light to medium use.
    Read on another forum to try charging the battery with the phone powered off. Tried that and after charging for about 9 hours the green "full charge" light was on.
    Set out to start my day at 6 a.m. and when I shut the phone down at 10:30 that night i still had 45% battery life, again after light to moderate use.
    My suggestion would be if you are unhappy with battery life to charge the phone with the device powered down.

Worked for me.

BTW I love my Z10
    question, are you doign that every tiem you charge it or just the one time? it makes sense in a way to do this
    02-09-13 02:52 PM
    Agreed with all above posters who are not concerned about battery life. My first 'charge' on the Z10 was a bit dicey, and caused me some concern. But I've been up and running for four days and everything is A-OK in my book! Battery is definitely on a par with my old iPhone 4s. And I should note in fairness that I jailbroke that phone and used SBSettings to turn off things like WiFi / 3G / Data / Location / Bluetooth when they weren't needed. On the Z10, (like most phones) I don't have quick access to all features in one page so I tend to leave them on and it's fine.

On a side note, is anyone working on an SBSetting like app for the Z10? I've got my credit card ready. I'd love to have quick access to shutting down non-essential stuff that drains the battery!

Cheers
    Peej
    02-09-13 03:16 PM
    My battery life has been atrocious so far. I took it off the charger at 1230p and after some light use, the battery is now at 35% (it is now 5p). I even turned LTE off. I hope this really improves because i dont want this phone to just be a really expensive tether. Its possible that I do have a bad battery.
    02-09-13 04:02 PM
    My battery life is significantly worse than my other phones (Nexus 4, iPhone, etc)

I have NFC, BT & WiFi turned off.
    I have Allow Guestures While Locked turned off.
    I have screen brighness set at 30%.

Today I took my phone off the charger at 10:45
    I received one 5 minute phone call, sent/received 10 texts, send 1 BBM, received ~100 emails, used the browser for approx 30 mins, used Facebook for 5 mins.
    Now less than three and a half hours later my battery is at 35%

I am quite happy with everything else about my Z10 but the battery life is really very very bad compared to every other phone I've used. Hopefully it will be improved with a software update.

Edit: 5 minutes later it's down to 30%

Edit 2: Another 10 minutes and I'm down to 25%. This is really really bad
    Last edited by D Mac; 02-09-13 at 04:41 PM.
    02-09-13 04:18 PM
    My advice would be to turn on NFC(killer on all phones) and make sure all the running apps are closed. That said I find it pretty damn amazing that a full touch screen that is registering all touch is able to last as long as some people are reporting. Very cool. It also takes a couple of days for the battery to be conditioned.
    02-09-13 04:41 PM
    I am going to always charge with the phone powered off.
    02-09-13 04:49 PM
    Hi all,

I just have to say that I am appalled at any review that says BB Z10 has "poor battery life", and here's why:

I was on iPhone (4 and 4s) from 2010-2012. I switched to the Samsung Galaxy S2 in 2012, and now I am a proud Z10 owner, as of Canadian launch (Feb 5th 2013).

My Z10 has been off its charger since I left for work this morning at 6:40am. I then took a screen shot at 6:37pm. I have been texting and BBMing throughout the day. I have sent e-mails, MMS, and took 3-4 2-3 minute calls. I briefly browsed the internet a few times. I did not watch any videos. I DID NOT PLUG IN MY PHONE AT ALL TODAY.

Attachment 134561

With my GS2, I had to have it plugged in to my computer at work by 12:00pm. My iPhone 4/4s needed to be plugged in around 2:00pm.

All of this "terrible battery life" nonsense is garbage. I wish I could have this posted on CrackBerry front page for everyone to see.
    I concur. I have about 30% of battery left at around 10pm. Comes off the charge around 8am.
    02-09-13 04:49 PM
    I concur. I have about 30% of battery left at around 10pm. Comes off the charge around 8am.
    Why that is incredibly good battery life for a Z10.

Do you rarely use your phone? Are you running the new unlocked phone only 10.0.10... software? any other ideas why you get 3 times the battery life of other Z10 users?
    02-09-13 04:54 PM
    I don't know what the fuss is. I send about 50+ bbms a day. Couple of phone calls and always in and out of facebook. Running 10.0.9.348. Carrier unlocked.

02-09-13 05:31 PM
    any other ideas why you get 3 times the battery life of other Z10 users?
    Other users report battery life like he gets. Others still report battery life like you get or in between
    02-09-13 08:49 PM
    I get about 8 hours out of a charge. I bought a spare battery although today the phone has lasted all day and is still 60%. Must be because of the weekend.

02-09-13 08:57 PM
136 12345 ...