Hi all,

I just have to say that I am appalled at any review that says BB Z10 has "poor battery life", and here's why:

I was on iPhone (4 and 4s) from 2010-2012. I switched to the Samsung Galaxy S2 in 2012, and now I am a proud Z10 owner, as of Canadian launch (Feb 5th 2013).

My Z10 has been off its charger since I left for work this morning at 6:40am. I then took a screen shot at 6:37pm. I have been texting and BBMing throughout the day. I have sent e-mails, MMS, and took 3-4 2-3 minute calls. I briefly browsed the internet a few times. I did not watch any videos. I DID NOT PLUG IN MY PHONE AT ALL TODAY.

Attachment 134561

With my GS2, I had to have it plugged in to my computer at work by 12:00pm. My iPhone 4/4s needed to be plugged in around 2:00pm.

All of this "terrible battery life" nonsense is garbage. I wish I could have this posted on CrackBerry front page for everyone to see.
    suvo, clowrym, Matt J and 14 others like this.
    02-07-13 05:58 PM
    My z10 on Rogers goes completely flat after 8 hours with little to no use. I am in a good reception area all day with LTE off. This is also with the screen brightness all the way down and wifi and bluetooth off.
    What network are you on?
    02-07-13 07:00 PM
    My z10 on Rogers goes completely flat after 8 hours with little to no use. I am in a good reception area all day with LTE off. This is also with the screen brightness all the way down and wifi and bluetooth off.
    What network are you on?
    Although I havent used my battery much since the bus ride to work i would say that leaving home at 95% and the battery still being at 75% after around 6 hours is pretty damn good. I did plug the phone into the computer to transfer over about 30GB of music and tv shows... but with the trickle charge from the computer and the battery drain from the transfer I would consider that a wash.
    Novaone and 00stryder like this.
    02-07-13 07:09 PM
    My battery needs to be recharged about midday. I bought the spare battery that you can plug directly in the phone. Just got it today. With both batteries I should be good for the day. No big deal, just means the phone is working hard.
    Jermanicus, Bravo209 and Gunzo like this.
    02-07-13 07:15 PM
    Well, I definitely can't say that about mine. I talk about 1800-2400 minutes a month and with my old Torch I could get to the end of the day no problem, and hardly ever I had to charge it before I went to bed. Two days with Z10 and I can't get to 2PM without charging it in the car.
    02-07-13 07:22 PM
    I really want my battery life to improve.
    OP: I'd be interested to know what network you are on and if you have LTE enabled.

I switched from LTE to HSPA midway through today and it seems to have helped stretch it out a bit. 7:15am - 5:40pm with %35 left on the charge. At this rate It will be done by about 9:00pm. Still not good enough for my needs but hoping it improves.
    02-07-13 07:40 PM
    Mine goes flat after about 8 hours with little use and when I use it a lot it goes faster depending on what I am doing. I have back-up so can recharge but it has been an inconvenience. I would have thought they could have made the phone a little larger and added a heftier battery.
    Just an opinion from a BB fan.
    02-07-13 07:52 PM
    I am using Rogers and am using LTE.
    kojisan likes this.
    02-07-13 07:55 PM
    perhaps multi-tasking behavior on each people by leaving app running affecting battery life?

@inick89: does that battery usage is on the first day?
    02-07-13 07:58 PM
    My Z10 lasted about 15 hours today (7am to around 10pm) and that was with moderate usage: texting all day, emails, checking facebook, browsing BlackBerry World, and transferring music wirelessly via Link. I'm pretty happy with that, I have always charged my phone overnight and it looks like this will last me the entire day on moderate usage. This is on Bell network, LTE on all day.
    02-08-13 12:03 AM
    Got my Z10 from Rogers when it came out. The battery died after 3 hours. Left it to charge until 6pm. Took it off the charger & started texting,emailig, BBM & going on the internet. Around 2am i went to bed & left the phone off the charger. It was at 44%. Woke up at 9am & its still on at 28%. Around 20 emails came threw, 1 missed call & 5 text messages & 1 BBM. Also i would like to note i had WiFi on the whole time & my network settings are on as well.

In the end? Amazing battery compare it to the iPhone 5 & S3 i had. Same happened today as well. Took it off the charger at 11am & died at 12:30am.
    Novaone and wtrmlnjuc like this.
    02-08-13 12:07 AM
    100% agree. battery life has been AWESOME on my z10
    02-08-13 12:11 AM
    My battery has just been fine. The only things that seem to really zap it are spamming sms like it's an internet chatroom and games.
    02-08-13 12:32 AM
    Sorry to hear about you guys. Today my phone has been 16 hours off the charger and right now I'm still at 60% battery. This was with moderate usage with Wi-fi on. (Listened to a few songs, wrote 20 texts, read emails. facebook picture browsing). I turned my backlight to go off at 20s. Not sure if that would make any significant amount of difference however. I'm with Rogers LTE
    02-08-13 03:53 AM
    Waking up at 4am I need to plug it in midday. Even my S3 I would swap out batteries. I use my phones a lot for texting, lots of browsing and, bluetooth audio streaming. I did buy the extra battery that will be here next week. I use the phone a lot so no biggie here
    02-08-13 04:26 AM
    I found that my battery life improved dramatically when I decided to turn off the wake up the phone with the swipe. I now just press the button at the top and the swipe. It now seems that the battery life haw pretty much doubled.
    kyleheney likes this.
    02-08-13 07:12 AM
    You guys with this long life should post screen shots so we can see that you did not plug it in. The OP's attachment is not good.
    Novaone likes this.
    02-08-13 07:20 AM
    I'm trying my best to improve my battery life, but I'm just not able to replicate the longer results some people are posting here. With little to no usage, I'm dropping about 10% every 2 hours.... I take it off the charger around 6am and by noon I'm at about 40% and feeling like I should be plugging it in.

I've changed my non-ActiveSync email to not push and only update every 15 minutes; turned off BT and WiFi; turned down screen brightness to almost zero... next step is going to 4G instead of LTE. Not sure I want to though because I think my battery life should be better than this already.

I'd love an app like Battery Guru or an application process monitor to see what's hogging the battery.

I'm on Rogers LTE. Any more tips would be appreciated.
    02-08-13 07:20 AM
    mine sucked the first 2 days and gets better every day.
    Yesterday it was off the charger for 16 and a half hours and I went to bed with 35% battery (you can check this in settings>about>hardware)
    Koodo but there is no LTE here (its still on though)

I'm trying my best to improve my battery life, but I'm just not able to replicate the longer results some people are posting here. With little to no usage, I'm dropping about 10% every 2 hours.... I take it off the charger around 6am and by noon I'm at about 40% and feeling like I should be plugging it in.

I've changed my non-ActiveSync email to not push and only update every 15 minutes; turned off BT and WiFi; turned down screen brightness to almost zero... next step is going to 4G instead of LTE. Not sure I want to though because I think my battery life should be better than this already.

I'd love an app like Battery Guru or an application process monitor to see what's hogging the battery.

I'm on Rogers LTE. Any more tips would be appreciated.
    the first thing I would try is conditioning the battery. Charge it up and drain it all the way down, then charge it again.
    Also, do a restart every day for a couple of days. I found that the free memory increased a lot this way and after a few days stayed that way.
    HTH
    02-08-13 08:35 AM
    When your phone is in LTE dead spots or when you have it in a purse/pocket/briefcase it drains a TON of battery life searching for the signal or switching between LTE and 3G+. My battery used to drain very fast until I realized that my jacket pocket was blocking the radio signal enough to force my phone to search for reception and drain battery......just food for thought
    02-08-13 08:37 AM
    mine sucked the first 2 days and gets better every day.
    Yesterday it was off the charger for 16 and a half hours and I went to bed with 35% battery (you can check this in settings>about>hardware)
    Koodo but there is no LTE here (its still on though)

the first thing I would try is conditioning the battery. Charge it up and drain it all the way down, then charge it again.
    Also, do a restart every day for a couple of days. I found that the free memory increased a lot this way and after a few days stayed that way.
    HTH

I'll try doing the full drain today and recharge. I have noticed improvement already this morning after I disabled the "Allow Gestures While Locked". It seems like it was always "ready" for that swipe up gesture and may be a battery drainer. Now, I press the lock button to "activate" the phone, then swipe up to get into it. I think I actually like it better this way and I'm seeing an improvement. Thanks ibercheci for the suggestion.
    02-08-13 08:47 AM
    When your phone is in LTE dead spots or when you have it in a purse/pocket/briefcase it drains a TON of battery life searching for the signal or switching between LTE and 3G+. My battery used to drain very fast until I realized that my jacket pocket was blocking the radio signal enough to force my phone to search for reception and drain battery......just food for thought
    I may disable my LTE as my next step tomorrow if things haven't improved. I wish there was a customization setting to adjust when the phone uses LTE network vs when it uses 4G. Ex. when the browser is opened, switch network to LTE. When video call comes in, switch to LTE. All other instances, use 4G. Would be a great feature that I think would really improved battery life all around without sacrificing the experience.
    JMDBERRY and twstd.reality like this.
    02-08-13 08:49 AM
    I'll try doing the full drain today and recharge. I have noticed improvement already this morning after I disabled the "Allow Gestures While Locked". It seems like it was always "ready" for that swipe up gesture and may be a battery drainer. Now, I press the lock button to "activate" the phone, then swipe up to get into it. I think I actually like it better this way and I'm seeing an improvement. Thanks ibercheci for the suggestion.
    Perhaps you might be onto something there. In principle if that option is enabled, whatever touches the screen then the phone tries to interpret the touches to see if it is the wake command. So you stick than in your pocket and like start walking, the phone moves around by the motion and rubs the screen on the inside of the pockets.
    So the processor is constantly working on trying to determine when the touching is good enough to match the command.
    02-08-13 09:03 AM
    Mine has been going 4 days and still going whats so bad about that?
    02-08-13 09:07 AM
    Funny I'm on Koodo and my Z10 is unlocked since I won it last week. I've been using hspa instead of LTE, thinking that will conserve battery.
    But all you guys on Bell and Rogers seem to do fine. Gonna try LTE on for the next few days cool.

*ALSO - mind trying this app called "system info" its like BBOS Help me screen. So you can post your battery cycles number! This will help the Dev, I've emailed him.
    02-08-13 09:27 AM
136 123 ...