For those lucky crackberry heads that have the z10, how is the battery life?
    I am on the fence about the 1800mah. The q10 will have 2200mah, so i am considering waiting it out for the better phone....what do you think?

Edit for another question: How hot does your z10 get with heavy usage?
    Last edited by phil2134; 02-05-13 at 01:44 PM.
    02-05-13 12:28 PM
    Horse for courses really.. If you want a keyboard then you go Q
    02-05-13 12:52 PM
    thanks for mentioning battery life.......much appreciated
    02-05-13 12:56 PM
    mine came out of box with like 1/4 battery. there is no % number on the battery (or i havent found one yet) so idk the exact number. I got it in the yellow withing an hour and am charging it now for the first time
    02-05-13 12:56 PM
    thanks for the reply! keep them coming, i am really curious as to how long she can last
    02-05-13 01:05 PM
    i will elt you know, but it will probably be tomorrow.
    02-05-13 01:24 PM
    Atm for me my batt is shocking something is draining each day I switch one thing off to see what the culprit is I think I may have a dud but from unplugging to getting into my office the battery is at roughly 70% all I have done in that time is listen to music for 40 mins max
    02-05-13 01:24 PM
    I am new to this forum, but I am not new to BB and I have a Z10 and so far it has died within 6hrs more or less on light to average usage and have made less than 3 x 5 min phone calls in any day for the last 5 days. Today for example I swtiched the phone on at 8am and I was recharging the phone at 5pm having hardly used it. I am running wifi at my home in the background and with 3G. But mainly with that running this is in standby mode without much usage, the odd app open and then closed really very little. Don't get me wrong the phone is fantastic and it really is impressive but I am really concerned about the battery life. I can only hope that I might have a rubbish battery but I am thinking this is not the case! It zapped down to red on saturday and shutdown and the phone was not used at all and that was between 9am and 8m. Anyway I hope this makes some sense from a user perspective.
    02-05-13 01:27 PM
    I am new to this forum, but I am not new to BB and I have a Z10 and so far it has died within 6hrs more or less on light to average usage and have made less than 3 x 5 min phone calls in any day for the last 5 days. Today for example I swtiched the phone on at 8am and I was recharging the phone at 5pm having hardly used it. I am running wifi at my home in the background and with 3G. But mainly with that running this is in standby mode without much usage, the odd app open and then closed really very little. Don't get me wrong the phone is fantastic and it really is impressive but I am really concerned about the battery life. I can only hope that I might have a rubbish battery but I am thinking this is not the case! It zapped down to red on saturday and shutdown and the phone was not used at all and that was between 9am and 8m. Anyway I hope this makes some sense from a user perspective.
    How is your signal? Sounds like it's searching which will kill a battery fast.
    02-05-13 01:30 PM
    Thank you xleeius for the reply. Looks like the q10 is much more appealing in terms of battery life
    02-05-13 01:31 PM
    Searching for signal being a battery drain sounds crazy isn't this one of the main jobs a mobile phone should do with out too much drag on the battery???? I think I have a dud also I absolutely love the phone and it can only get better once Devs pull finger!! I have switched off nfc,location,bluetooth,wifi and push emails still no change in capacity is ur phone getting hot too???
    02-05-13 01:36 PM
    My battery lasts a bit less than my 9900 did. Doesn't last a day with heavy usage but then I'm using it a lot more than I otherwise will after it's become less of a novelty.
    02-05-13 01:38 PM
    Searching for signal being a battery drain sounds crazy isn't this one of the main jobs a mobile phone should do with out too much drag on the battery???? I think I have a dud also I absolutely love the phone and it can only get better once Devs pull finger!! I have switched off nfc,location,bluetooth,wifi and push emails still no change in capacity is ur phone getting hot too???
    If the phones in an area with sketchy signal more power will be put through the antennae to try and increase signal strength. Happens to all mobiles, just some are more affected than others.

I've heard people say that BBs in the past were affected more by it as the had stronger signal things which gave them better signal most of time, but used more power in weak signal areas. Don't know if that's true though.
    02-05-13 01:42 PM
    thats another concern i have, how hot does the z10 actually get?
    02-05-13 01:42 PM
    Had the phone switched on since 8 this morning.... Wifi turned on at 5 this afternoon... 6 phone calls lasting 3-4 minutes... picked up about 40 emails throughout the day.. bluetooth permanently on, connected to car kit for total of one hour and linked to Playbook since 5pm... it's now 7:40, and I still have half the battery available... i don't think that's bad going!
    kevdasev likes this.
    02-05-13 01:44 PM
    something you guys should try is turning the brightness down... i have mine at like 10% and it is totally fine
    02-05-13 01:45 PM
    Had my Z10 for 6 days now.

To begin with, the Battery drained very quickly under light use. Buy after calibrating the battery over a few days the phone easily gets me through the day. I work on the road so my signal varies each day. The battery life seems somewhat better than my 9900 was, and I'm sure future software updates will only make it better
    dietertong likes this.
    02-05-13 01:51 PM
    Sam g your comments make me think it's a faulty battery!!!

Regarding signal strength I have full 4g signal 99% of time only time I lose signal is via a train tunnel. Will try screen brightness but that's another bug bear why put this size battery in if it can't support the phone!! Btw whilst writing my 20% batt indicator has popped up!!!
    02-05-13 01:52 PM
    Here's a link for lith-ion battery maintenance:
    Lithium-Ion Battery Maintenance
    02-05-13 02:13 PM
    thats another concern i have, how hot does the z10 actually get?
    Pretty hot
    02-05-13 02:17 PM
    Had the phone switched on since 8 this morning.... Wifi turned on at 5 this afternoon... 6 phone calls lasting 3-4 minutes... picked up about 40 emails throughout the day.. bluetooth permanently on, connected to car kit for total of one hour and linked to Playbook since 5pm... it's now 7:40, and I still have half the battery available... i don't think that's bad going!
    Wow! Based on your info, I'd say the 1800mah battery has quite a bit of juice if you asked me.
    02-05-13 04:21 PM
    For those lucky crackberry heads that have the z10, how is the battery life?
    I am on the fence about the 1800mah. The q10 will have 2200mah, so i am considering waiting it out for the better phone....what do you think?

Edit for another question: How hot does your z10 get with heavy usage?
    If you leave it locked then it barely uses any battery and will drop to about 80 percent throughout the day but if you are playing with it now and then during the day then it will be almost dead by the end of the day. In response to how hot it gets, when the battery is low the left side gets quite warm actually but nothing to worry about and also gets warm is when you ate browsing the web on the lightning quick browser!
    02-05-13 05:46 PM
    out the box mine was ****e.After a big charge say 6-8 hours started working like a champ its seems to be outdoing my old bb on LTE/4G.I think those reviewers were taling out there *** they are far into specs any thing not large is deemed to suck sad state of tech reviews.

4 days in this things a champ typical BB standard Gonna see it this week see if its fully beating my qwerty bb.
    02-05-13 06:20 PM
    Look at it this way. The Z10's screen is 18% larger than the iphone 5. It's battery has 26% more mAh. So if the iphone 5 lasts you either all day or almost all day, the Z10 should be just fine, assuming same usage, or even provide increasing returns due to the efficient coding.
    02-06-13 11:32 AM
    Did you charge the phone when it was in it's off or on state? I found in the on state the my Z10 doesn't charge well, if I turn it off (power it down) and charge it until the light goes green the device holds the charge a lot better.
    02-06-13 11:43 AM
60 123