I read many of the posts here regarding the Z10s battery performance. I've read where some Z10 owners are disgruntled at getting only up to 4, 5, 6, hours, etc. And yet some have been able to surpass the magical 8-hours range...and some even more! I had personally hoped that the Z10 would easily last 10 hours with moderate to heavy use,...but that may be wishful thinking. So, here is what I'm hoping for now, 1)BB offers a larger capacity battery (at least in the 2400mah range or 2)third-party battery mfrs offer a larger battery (again, at least in the 2400 range) with a new batter cover too if need be.

In parting, I have a 9810 and it has a 1270mah battery. It make not seem like it, but that's a lot of juice in such a small package. Now! Imagine this, imagine had Blackberry designed the Z10 around a battery that basically doubles the 9810's FS-1 battery capacity! That would be a whopping 2540mah! Man! We would be jumping for joy! That said, I cannot believe Blackberry didn't stack the deck on the Z10's battery! So, for the fact that the Z10 is crippled with a weak battery, I will have to assign 10 demerits against the Z10.

The last thing I want to be tied to is a charger when the Z10 finally launches in the U.S.
    02-14-13 12:41 PM
    I do hope they offer a larger battery, I miss going 2-3 days without thinking about plugging in like I did with my 9700...

Looking at the unit, though - I don't see how they can stuff a larger battery in there? If the dimensions have to increase at *all* there's no way it'll fit under the cover...

-Chris-
    02-14-13 12:44 PM
    On the 9900 there was room for a slightly larger battery, without needing a new back cover. Mugen eventually marketed such a battery. The OEM battery was 1230 mAh; the Mugen was (stated) 1500. I saw a modest increase in battery life--about what you'd expect, given those number. Something similar happened with my Samsung Blaze; the Mugen was a bit larger than the OEM, rated a bit higher, and lasts a bit longer. From what has been said above, I take it there's little chance of a 10-15% thicker battery for the Z10.
    02-14-13 12:49 PM
    Damn guys. What's with everyone and the battery? You won't get battery life like the old 9700s etc. You are comparing a snail to a Porche. Obviously a 600- 800 mhz, 2.8" screen is gonna last leaps and bounds better then a dual core 1.5Ghz, 4.2" screen with a great dpi of 356. New BlackBerry takes on media and everything. Buy another battery or carry a charger. It's the way it is with smartphones now. You can do so much more on them and it will drink the juice faster.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    02-14-13 12:51 PM
    Have fun with the phone. If you don't like the battery life go back to your old phone. I am at 35% now and took off charge at 5am. Nothing new coming from an S3 which is a high spec phone as well

02-14-13 12:53 PM
    Damn guys. What's with everyone and the battery? You won't get battery life like the old 9700s etc. You are comparing a snail to a Porche. Obviously a 600- 800 mhz, 2.8" screen is gonna last leaps and bounds better then a dual core 1.5Ghz, 4.2" screen with a great dpi of 356. New BlackBerry takes on media and everything. Buy another battery or carry a charger. It's the way it is with smartphones now. You can do so much more on them and it will drink the juice faster.

Oh I'm very happy with my battery life, it hasn't died on me going through a regular day yet... but the battery is brand spanking new.

My 9700 within a year wasn't able to last the way it did initially, which is my anticipation with this phone. I do plan to buy a spare battery for down the road when this one begins to show its age but it would be nice to get a larger one and keep this one as my "spare".

-Chris-
    02-14-13 12:54 PM
    Wow, DX9,...such harsh words on such a simple concern. Of course I know that "if I didn't like the phone I could take it back" that goes without saying. Though I haven't had a chance to buy a Z10 yet,...but, that's just what I would do if the battery's performance doesn't live up to par for my needs. I want BB to succeed, and succeed greatly,...and I don't desire a Droid or iPhone at the moment,....because if I did,...BB would have long been in my review mirror. So as far as a larger battery "capacity" battery for the Z10,...that's only a decision away,...meaning, if BB want such to be, it could happen licky-di-split. The FS-1 is a small battery dimension wise,....and guess what, I'm sure it's dimension could be doubled,...thereby yielding a significant increase in its capacity! The size of a battery is not the only factor that determines its "storage capacity",....there's a lot to be said about the density of the cells. For instant, take microSD cards,....they are all the same size,...yet there are 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64GB capacity cards! Hmm,...you can now put your real thinking cap on!
    omarha likes this.
    02-14-13 02:55 PM
    No matter what others may think, I'd never consider buying a second battery for a phone! Mfrs need to pack in as much juice as reasonably possible! As it stands now, BB will gain new users because of BB 10 OS,...and at the same time, they will lose old users because of the so-so battery. I say this because it's one of the main reasons I have jumped on the Droid bandwagon,...and if I did succumb to Android, it would be the Razor Maxx with the 3400mah car battery installed. Lastly, given a choice,...and the Z10 was offered with 1800mah, 2100 mah or 2400mah battery, I'd buy the 2400mah version every single time!....all day long. If BB were to do this,...the battery 'concern' would evaporate overnight!
    02-14-13 03:02 PM
    i'd also hope for a larger cap battery at some point. that being said my battery has been performing better since i started using the regular blackberry phone charger rather than the playbook charger. yesterday my battery lasted a whopping 12hrs with moderate use.
    02-14-13 03:36 PM
    Mine lasts all day..

Co-worker;s dies in 5 or 6 hours.. with no phone calls and barely any browsing. 3 email accounts though. Something going on there
    02-14-13 03:54 PM
    I have noticed today after logging out of both my Box and DropBox account from my Z10, I am seeing way better battery life. Nothing else in my day has changed. Ive had it off charge since 6am, now being 2:15pm, and it just hit under 60%. Not bad.
    02-14-13 04:14 PM
    I have noticed today after logging out of both my Box and DropBox account from my Z10, I am seeing way better battery life. Nothing else in my day has changed. Ive had it off charge since 6am, now being 2:15pm, and it just hit under 60%. Not bad.
    you know what? maybe that was why battery was burning so fast....

now that everything is synced... battery is going quite well.
    02-16-13 10:48 AM
    Yesterday I started at 8 am and with no lte, full screen. Went out after work around midnight I was at 10 or 15 cranked down the screen but finally died around one am, you know how it is when you are drinking.

I'm very happy with that performance. I could have topped it off at home but I really didn't need to do that

02-16-13 10:52 AM
    I don't consider myself a heavy user (at least while I'm currently between careers) so I've not had much trouble with the battery so far. Things I've done to extend battery life:
    - Of my 3 email accounts, only one is on 'push', while the other two sync every 1 and 2 hours (might decrease even further).
    - Screen is dimmed to the lowest tolerance
    - Turned off LTE (using HSPA+/UMTS/GSM) >> however I *do* have WiFi turned on at home (pretty much 24/7) to reduce data consumption on my pitiful plan
    - Flip case magnetic cover is touted to reduce battery usage, whether this is true or not, *shrug*, but I have one anyway
    - Only log into DropBox and "Box" when needed, kept off otherwise so it's not continuously syncing

I think that's about it. Even so, I still have not yet drained it dead, only down to 9%, so there might be room for improvement. However, on a normal day where I'm up around 8 and going to bed around midnight, I typically still have 25-40% of battery life left.
    02-16-13 11:28 AM
    I am on day 4 with my Z10.
    I take it off the charger at 7am and plug it back in at 10 pm.
    Last night, I still had 40% battery left after 13 hrs and that was with using the GPS Nav for 2 hours while streaming music via bluetooth to my car stereo and receiving the usual number of pages and emails (I am a real estate agent).
    Sure it would be nice to have a small NUC instead of a battery but come on people....it'll last a full day for most of us.
    02-16-13 11:40 AM

don't forget LTE...
    02-16-13 12:32 PM
    Im not sure if this helps or not but I will share what I have noticed with my z10. The first 2 to 4 days were brutal now it seems as thou its good? Does make sense to you all? I unplugged my z10 yesterday at 9 am and its still running today on the same charge. Im not using it any less. I find it odd that the first 2 or 3 days it was useless and almost to the point of returning it. Oh well its all good now
    02-16-13 12:37 PM
    My battery seems to be getting better over time. First couple days were terrible. Mind you first couple days, I couldn't put the Z down. I notice if I keep the active tiles closed, my battery is actually excellent and lasts me all day and I use it quite a bit.

02-16-13 01:02 PM
    My battery is great when I am at home. When I am away from home or the office, I stream radioio all day long via the web and play in my car via Bluetooth and it is okay. But I am streaming radioio and my other phones (older BB, iPhone, and Android) were not that great either. I simply bought one of these:

BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle (ACC-50256-101) for Z10 | BlackBerry Batteries | CrackBerry Canada

from the CrackBerry store along with a bunch of other goodies. Problem solved!
    02-16-13 02:22 PM
    I talked to my friend who works at biggest carrier here in Indonesia, what he says was that the software is still in somewhat beta version and they got so much signalling going on, hence the bad battery life.
    Z10 is not yet launched in Indonesia so i imagine carriers are now busy working out the kinks. It is certainly a big job since
    1. BB10 is a new OS
    2. This is the first time BB not using BIS for basic service
    3. Lots of new apps

02-16-13 05:29 PM