I'm sorry, I tried. I really did. All I am doing is listening to some music on my Z10 and I'm lucky to get 6 hours out of this thing until it turns itself off. I don't know how people are reporting 16 hours, but you must not be touching your phones all day. My 9900 had a horrible battery and I could use it for most of the day. I feel like I'm going to have to charge my phone twice a day just to keep it going. How could BlackBerry know this and only put in a 1800mah battery? I want to like this device, I really do, but I can't like something that is always showing low battery or is dead before noon.

For everyone who is getting 14 to 16 hours, what do you do with your phones all day? Do I have a dud or is this just the phone?

Heartbroken!
    Europolska00
    02-11-13 01:44 PM
    I'm sorry, I tried. I really did. All I am doing is listening to some music on my Z10 and I'm lucky to get 6 hours out of this thing until it turns itself off. I don't know how people are reporting 16 hours, but you must not be touching your phones all day. My 9900 had a horrible battery and I could use it for most of the day. I feel like I'm going to have to charge my phone twice a day just to keep it going. How could BlackBerry know this and only put in a 1800mah battery? I want to like this device, I really do, but I can't like something that is always showing low battery or is dead before noon.

For everyone who is getting 14 to 16 hours, what do you do with your phones all day? Do I have a dud or is this just the phone?

Heartbroken!
    Europolska00

The first 2 days the battery life wasnt that great for me. However, it was still much better than my HTC one X. Now, I get awesome battery life. I text quite a bit and get a lot of emails throughout the day. If I pull it off the charger at 7 am I usually dont need to charge again until the following day.
    02-11-13 01:52 PM
    I'm at a little over 6 hours so far today and have 60% battery left. I don't use it for media consumption though. Just lots of emails and phone calls.
    02-11-13 01:56 PM
    The first day was bad for me, then i noticed i only get 1-3 bars on my signal. I turned off LTE and i now get full signal. I also made sure bluetooth was off and i turned off NFC.

My battery now lasts MUCH longer.

Hope this helps.
    02-11-13 01:57 PM
    Say these things below in your head 20 times a day.

Its a phone, its a phone, its a phone

Not a music jukebox, not a music jukebox, not a music jukebox
    02-11-13 01:57 PM
    I'm getting almost 2 days of use with mine. NFC,bluetooth and wi-fi off when not in home. I also ordered that extra battery with charging dock for the future. It was at future shop for 56 but including delivery.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 02:01 PM
    i would see if you can get a new battery if you have had the device for more than a week and its still that bad
    gpollos likes this.
    02-11-13 02:02 PM
    I could listen to music all day on my 9900 and that was with internet radio! But even on days I don't listen to music I am still getting the same battery performance.
    02-11-13 02:03 PM
    i would see if you can get a new battery if you have had the device for more than a week and its still that bad
    I spoke with Rogers, they said something isn't right and told me I should exchange the device. I've had the device a week tomorrow, they said I have two weeks to exchange it.
    Creaulx likes this.
    02-11-13 02:04 PM
    Turn of LTE, Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi when you're not using it. If you don't use data, heck, set it to 2G. My battery life on my BB Torch doubled when I turned off 3G/H+.

The first few days usually drains the battery the most due to syncing and you using it more than usual since it's a new phone. But if after a week, you still only get 6 hours of usage on a full charge, you could try exchanging it.

If you're in an area of bad reception for the type of connection you're trying to make, it might add to the bad battery life. (E.g. If you're in an area with bad LTE coverage, but the phone keeps trying to connect to the weak LTE coverage, you might be better off using 3G.)
    02-11-13 02:10 PM
    part of the reason I grew to dislike large touch screen devices. The hardware
    and os demands on those anemic batteries just doesn't cut it. Very happy
    with the 9310's 2 day+ battery life....can't beat it.
    mookieson likes this.
    02-11-13 02:14 PM
    I turned off the LTE (only switch it on when im downloading stuff) reduced screen brightness to about 40% and easily get 7-8 hours of heavy use, 9-10 hours of moderate use and 12 hours of light use.
    Johnnyboy5 likes this.
    02-11-13 02:17 PM
    it's LTE.

if the area you are in has spotty LTE coverage, basically anything less than 4 bars it will burn battery.

The 3rd day I had the Z10, i burned 50% in 2hrs. It was because of bad LTE coverage.

I've turned off LTE and using 3G now. 57% and it's been 7.5hrs. I get 5 bars of service on 3G coverage.

also, try giving the phone a few reboots.
    02-11-13 02:21 PM

Heartbroken!
    Europolska00
    Mine was using battery a lot the first 2 days. I drained it completely, Charged it full, and now top it up as much as I can. I also rebooted for the first time day 2 and that was the day my battery started lasting 12-16 hours.

I also never use LTE unless I am downloading.
    02-11-13 02:32 PM
    Ive had the Z10 since Feb 5th, and have seen an improvement in battery life with each day and each charging.
    I took my phone off charge at 2300hrs last night. Ive used it for steady msging, photos and some apps since 0500.
    At 1400hrs today i plugged in with 10% remaining. Im happy with a 15hr life.
    Cheers

bluetroll and NightSlayer like this.
    02-11-13 02:33 PM
    Looks like re-booting the phone might help? I know that works for the PlayBook after an update.

This is an interesting thread that talks about many things including how battery life improves over time:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-long-769388/
    02-11-13 02:36 PM
    Looks like re-booting the phone might help? I know that works for the PlayBook after an update.

This is an interesting thread that talks about many things including how battery life improves over time:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-long-769388/
    ya, i've rebooted my phone a few times.... i noticed one time the z10 was burning hot in my pocket...

rebooted a few times like once or twice a day and the battery drainage seems to have settled down now.
    02-11-13 02:43 PM
    I see many are suggesting turning off LTE. That might work but does not provide me with a solution I am looking for. I understand turning off things like BT and NFC when not using them but I have some issues turning off my radio or portions of my radio just to get through a normal work day. I have played with and tested numerous Android devices and the battery life I'm seeing on the Z10 is comparable with the early build Android devices aka it sucks! I get about 6 hours of use from my device which to me is not acceptable. Something needs to be done.
    europolska00, PeaceGuru and nofiz like this.
    02-11-13 02:43 PM
    This device dominates the battery life on my Motorola RAZR HD so far in the same network settings. Turn off LTE. You shouldn't need it for anything other than screaming videos or video chat.

bluetroll likes this.
    02-11-13 02:49 PM
    i got 24 hours out of mine with just regular use for me, some browsing and alot of BBM/ texting with a few calls, also in areas with next to no signal and bluetooth and wifi on
    thevacantsoul likes this.
    02-11-13 02:52 PM
    i got 24 hours out of mine with just regular use for me, some browsing and alot of BBM/ texting with a few calls, also in areas with next to no signal and bluetooth and wifi on
    Lucky you.
    02-11-13 02:53 PM
    it all depends on cell reception quality....

if you live nextdoor to a cell tower, you will get amazing batt life... if you don't, then it will drain faster... simple as that.
    02-11-13 02:56 PM
    I'm getting almost 2 days of use with mine. NFC,bluetooth and wi-fi off when not in home. I also ordered that extra battery with charging dock for the future. It was at future shop for 56 but including delivery.

Just saw it at Costco in store for $37.00. That's a deal I won't pass up!
    02-11-13 03:00 PM
    Lucky you.
    apparently but i don't think i'm the only one so not really lucky me
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-11-13 03:01 PM
    I have had mine since last thursday and today is the first day I can honestly report that I'm not dissappointed in the battery performance, in fact I'm impressed. I'm going into hour 8 of my z10 being of the plug. I have received 50 emails through activesync. I have been bmm'ing most of the day... perhaps 5-10 messages an hour, I listed to 2 hours of music on my headset... all that and I still have 50% left. Feels like I'm back in iPhone territory again. I have to admit I was skeptical at first of all the post saying that the life would comeback around after a few days... but I can honestly now say, it does. For the record. I have LTE and WIFI on... I have good but not great coverage... Two email accounts... One Activesync, one gmail with a 30 min interval. My contacts sync to gmail every two hours... I also tend to keep active frames running to minimum. Perhaps music player, browser, and BattBerry...
    europolska00 and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-11-13 03:01 PM
307 123 ...