HELP! just got my Z10 and already having problems. BBM logged on fine but when I hit email restore it says it doesn't recognize the email address even thought I JUST LOGGED ON USING THAT ID!

I want to restore all my previous Torch 9800 info from my PC to my Z10. Desktop doesn't recognize the Z10 and Link doesn't recognize the Torch 9800.

So what's the deal with having two Blackberrys and neither one recognize the other.

Major fail in my book!
    03-22-13 01:09 PM
    If you were using bis for email on previous BlackBerry, Z10 doesn?t use bis. Email has to be setup via settings.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-22-13 01:21 PM
    Maybe you missed what I'm talking about.

(1) BBM won't log on. I started off logging into my BB ID account which BBM asked for. Once it logged on it asked if I wanted to restore the previous information or start new. I clocked on restore previous information. It asked me for my BB ID email address which I put in but it was rejected. WTF? I just logged on with that same email address.

(2) My BB Desktop does not recognize Z10. I downloaded BB Link. Link does not recognize my BB Torch. So how do you get the information - phone numbers, email addresses, photos, etc from one device to the other.
    03-22-13 01:31 PM
    Are you using BlackBerry link?

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/tra...cts-media.html

Transferring content from a BlackBerry device
    Visit www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryLink from your computer and download the software
    Connect your old device to your computer using a USB cable.
    Follow the steps provided. When asked to connect your new device, use the USB cable to connect your BlackBerry Z10 to your computer and continue to the next step.
    What will be transferred?
    You can transfer information that was saved to the memory on your old device, including:

Contacts
    Files (pictures, music, documents)
    Calendar items
    Tasks and Memos2
    BBM contacts
    Browser bookmarks and folders
    Alarm/clock settings
    Text/SMS/MMS/PIN messages
    Phone Call Logs
    WLAN Profiles (for non-enterprise networks)
    Password Keeper entries
    If you have anything saved on your SIM card, such as address book contacts, make sure to save these things to your device memory or your media card first. That will ensue they get transferred during the device switch.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-22-13 01:46 PM
    Sorry, I just re read and saw you are using BlackBerry link. Is the old desktop software still installed? If so, I would uninstall it as well as BlackBerry link then reboot and try again.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-22-13 01:51 PM
    If anyone is interested, you have to back up your old devise then delete Blackberry Desktop from your PC. Download Blackberry Link and you can then restore the data from the old device onto the new device.

One thing I found is that Password Keeper must be downloaded first to your new device. Once you do that your passwords etc will populate to the new Password Keeper. You can do this retroactively too but I think if you go into prepared you won't have to go back like I did.

Hope this helps.
    03-24-13 10:22 AM