First of all, it's different from all blackberries. You think you know that.. but you're really shocked when you first start using it
    Cheers
    BINGO!! That, I think, is what many people tend to forget. It is a brand new OS with a BlackBerry name. I can imagine that is frustrating leaving old habits behind.

It would be interesting to know if those coming from another BB are having more challenges than someone coming from some other OS.
    02-09-13 09:14 AM
    I liked the OP point of how use full it can be to leave something open in the hub 'ie BBM'. As I was reading his post I was doing the very same thing. I was in this amazing cb app then up and over into my BBM convo then back again. It's so fast and smooth I love and I've almost forgotten about having to hold the BlackBerry button and switching over on my older devices.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 09:21 AM
    Haha thanks for the replies guys

Went to staples to print some photos to include in my film. Had the pics taken with phone camera (great quality). Took Me less than a minute to crop the photos, zip them all together and send it to the store email address. Guy working there was shocked LOL. I love the zip functionality. Other day my friend ran out of money on his uni card to photocopy notes. So I took pics of the rest of them zipped them up, uploaded on Dropbox, and send him a link to download them. 10 minutes later he's studying off those notes on his laptop!
    Flexin and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-09-13 09:24 AM
    Reason why I'm making this thread is because I honestly do not see enough of positive experience threads.
    Thank You!
    Tim Smith2 likes this.
    02-09-13 09:41 AM
    Reason why I'm making this thread is because I honestly do not see enough of positive experience threads.

Typing this up at timmies on my z10!

First of all, it's different from all blackberries. You think you know that.. but you're really shocked when you first start using it
    Now I won't go into the debate about preserving previous image or w/e but it does take time to get used to. Swipe gestures are not simple. Hardest part is remembering exactly how much you need to swipe to do whatever you want. For example I used to swipe from middle up and to right and It was never enough to go into the hub. Now I consciously start swiping from further left. Pro tip: make sure your screen protector starts ALL the way from the bottom or you will find your thumb swiping against the edge of the screen protector which sucks. Don't let the guys in the store do it like I did

what an amazing platform. Seriously. I don't know much about how and why the OS is awesome but is made out of amazing awesomeness. It's SO fast. WTF. Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. I tried to "Stress Test" it by loading 8 big apps... not even a flinch. Zoom zoom. I really think that's the most important part of any device, computer phone, w/e. It has to keep up with you. And z10 is always AHEAD of you. Blaaaaazing!

It really is a communication device through and through (heh, it is a phone after all). You don't appreciate peek, flow and hub until you actually use it. I also love swiping up the locked screen to "Peek" under. I purposely leave my BBM chat open etc. Heh.

I don't wanna go into detail about every single detail. I honestly just wanted to share my experience thus far. If you have any questions ask.

My favorite part was sitting in library at York U when someone walked by, stared at my phone for a it (z10 is ******* beautiful) asked me if that's blackberry.. next thing I know there's 5 people over my shoulder asking to play with it lol. People can't keep their eyes off whenever I pull it out! iPhones look like toys next to it lol. And galaxy looks slutty. Z10 is sleek and stylish.

2 things: camera rocks and battery will be under a lot of work first 2 days. Every day battery lasts longer and longer lol I think device is finally settling down. Yesterday it went for 9 hours with heavy usage, 6 the day before that and only 4 after first time I charged it. Must be a ton of syncing going on.

Anywayy from snow storming Toronto,
    Cheers
    sounds like you have way too much fun with you BB. :-)
    back to you from San Diego.
    cpsquires likes this.
    02-09-13 10:17 AM

...Galaxy S3 "slutty" LOL. ;-)
    LOL!!! That's funny
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-09-13 12:01 PM
    Reading this post makes it soo much harder to wait for mine! It's ordered and I'm hopefully getting it Monday....never wanted a Monday to come so quick before
    02-09-13 05:32 PM
    I have both white and black yes they feel different. The black is more like the PlayBook backing and the white is a little harder, more plasticy maybe. They are both f'n awesome. Would recommend to anyone. Some of my I phone friends are already converting. I can't put this darn thing down. The speed of the Os and browser is amazing. Yes the ui is different but in so many great ways. The ease of navigating through the hub, peek and flow is awesome. I want another one just because! I agree that battery life is improving the more I use this and i had nothing to complain about in the first place with it. The keyboard, oh the keyboard, what can I say it's the best I've ever used.. way to go blackberry. Glad I stuck it out.

jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-09-13 06:30 PM
    Thanks for sharing all the information guys...its great to hear all the positive feedback about the Z10!!
    02-09-13 07:40 PM
    What a refreshing thread. Thanks to the OP, and those of you that have kept the positivity rolling.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    02-09-13 11:09 PM
    thanks guys!
    02-13-13 11:13 AM
    Moved to Z10 forum
    02-13-13 11:21 AM
  13. ieatblackberriesforbreakfast's Avatar

Typing this up at timmies on my z10!

Now I won't go into the debate about preserving previous image or w/e but it does take time to get used to. Swipe gestures are not simple. Hardest part is remembering exactly how much you need to swipe to do whatever you want. For example I used to swipe from middle up and to right and It was never enough to go into the hub. Now I consciously start swiping from further left. Pro tip: make sure your screen protector starts ALL the way from the bottom or you will find your thumb swiping against the edge of the screen protector which sucks. Don't let the guys in the store do it like I did

what an amazing platform. Seriously. I don't know much about how and why the OS is awesome but is made out of amazing awesomeness. It's SO fast. WTF. Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. I tried to "Stress Test" it by loading 8 big apps... not even a flinch. Zoom zoom. I really think that's the most important part of any device, computer phone, w/e. It has to keep up with you. And z10 is always AHEAD of you. Blaaaaazing!

It really is a communication device through and through (heh, it is a phone after all). You don't appreciate peek, flow and hub until you actually use it. I also love swiping up the locked screen to "Peek" under. I purposely leave my BBM chat open etc. Heh.

I don't wanna go into detail about every single detail. I honestly just wanted to share my experience thus far. If you have any questions ask.

My favorite part was sitting in library at York U when someone walked by, stared at my phone for a it (z10 is ******* beautiful) asked me if that's blackberry.. next thing I know there's 5 people over my shoulder asking to play with it lol. People can't keep their eyes off whenever I pull it out! iPhones look like toys next to it lol. And galaxy looks slutty. Z10 is sleek and stylish.

2 things: camera rocks and battery will be under a lot of work first 2 days. Every day battery lasts longer and longer lol I think device is finally settling down. Yesterday it went for 9 hours with heavy usage, 6 the day before that and only 4 after first time I charged it. Must be a ton of syncing going on.

Anywayy from snow storming Toronto,
    Cheers
    Thorsten Heins, is that you? Just kidding. Glad you're liking it. I'm still on the fence, but inching closer to the dark side (BB).
    02-13-13 11:37 AM
    Great post! Can't wait to get mine
    02-13-13 12:39 PM
    Great post OP! I've been using mine for a week now and I still feel the excitement each time I pick it up. Actually, this is the first device that makes responding to work emails enjoyable...lol.

02-13-13 02:19 PM
    The z10 is the best phone I've ever owned.

02-13-13 02:50 PM
    [QUOTE=kevinnugent;7957399]
    And galaxy looks slutty. /QUOTE]

Quote of the week.
    +1

02-13-13 03:12 PM
    Great 1st post, i only hope the Q10 leaves me equally impressed when it finally arrives !!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 03:36 PM
    I totally agree the z10 has been amazing. Loving the keyboard, speed, and screen size has been perfect. Best decision I've made in a long time BlackBerry is back with z-attitude

jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-13-13 03:44 PM
    And galaxy looks slutty. Z10 is sleek and stylish.
    Hahaha...nice...and kudos on the positive writeup. I think many people forget sometimes that this is
    STILL a Blackberry site, and posting our personal experiences that praise the product should be encouraged
    and we should not feel bullied by the people that love to bash BB and the people that praise the product.

No product is perfect, and if BB works for you, then feel free to shout it from the mountaintops.

Rock on!
    02-13-13 04:17 PM
    The z10 is the best phone I've ever owned.
    i'd go a bit further and say that the Z10 is the best phone i've ever USED. thanks for this thread OP. it's a refreshing break from all of the "oh no the Z10 can't iron my clothes?1? 2 years delayed and the OS is still half baked! thorsten what were you thinking??" threads.
    02-13-13 04:59 PM
    As a Z10 owner for 6 days I will say the best thing about it is the keyboard. I had a Bold 9900 and thought I couldn't switch to typing on glass, but yes you can with the Z10! The prediction and auto replace has been almost perfect, and gets better everyday, I see words I use frequently being suggested that I'm sure are not in common use. Just pound away on the keyboard and in the end it all looks right. That's the most amazing thing about the Z10 for me so far...and of course the web browser, it's unbelievably fast.
    02-13-13 06:31 PM
    Great post!

Agreed! This is by far the best phone I've ever had. There may be a few minor things here and there with the OS but overall it is leaps and bounds better than previous Berry iterations. I absolutely love the browser on this thing. In fact, I barely touch my Playbook now because the OS is so laggy compared to the Z10 and the overall experience is so much better.
    02-13-13 11:25 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    just been using it two days very impressive and finding out new and cool features every day!!! …
    02-13-13 11:31 PM
    It is the best phone I have ever owned!

Better than the other fruits version 5 for sure.
    02-13-13 11:53 PM
51 123