Reason why I'm making this thread is because I honestly do not see enough of positive experience threads.

Typing this up at timmies on my z10!

First of all, it's different from all blackberries. You think you know that.. but you're really shocked when you first start using it
    Now I won't go into the debate about preserving previous image or w/e but it does take time to get used to. Swipe gestures are not simple. Hardest part is remembering exactly how much you need to swipe to do whatever you want. For example I used to swipe from middle up and to right and It was never enough to go into the hub. Now I consciously start swiping from further left. Pro tip: make sure your screen protector starts ALL the way from the bottom or you will find your thumb swiping against the edge of the screen protector which sucks. Don't let the guys in the store do it like I did

what an amazing platform. Seriously. I don't know much about how and why the OS is awesome but is made out of amazing awesomeness. It's SO fast. WTF. Sometimes it just doesn't make any sense. I tried to "Stress Test" it by loading 8 big apps... not even a flinch. Zoom zoom. I really think that's the most important part of any device, computer phone, w/e. It has to keep up with you. And z10 is always AHEAD of you. Blaaaaazing!

It really is a communication device through and through (heh, it is a phone after all). You don't appreciate peek, flow and hub until you actually use it. I also love swiping up the locked screen to "Peek" under. I purposely leave my BBM chat open etc. Heh.

I don't wanna go into detail about every single detail. I honestly just wanted to share my experience thus far. If you have any questions ask.

My favorite part was sitting in library at York U when someone walked by, stared at my phone for a it (z10 is ******* beautiful) asked me if that's blackberry.. next thing I know there's 5 people over my shoulder asking to play with it lol. People can't keep their eyes off whenever I pull it out! iPhones look like toys next to it lol. And galaxy looks slutty. Z10 is sleek and stylish.

2 things: camera rocks and battery will be under a lot of work first 2 days. Every day battery lasts longer and longer lol I think device is finally settling down. Yesterday it went for 9 hours with heavy usage, 6 the day before that and only 4 after first time I charged it. Must be a ton of syncing going on.

Anywayy from snow storming Toronto,
    Cheers
    02-08-13 08:13 AM
    Great first post, and be careful in this storm!
    02-08-13 08:17 AM
    Great first post, and be careful in this storm!
    It's horrible outside
    02-08-13 08:23 AM
    Thanks for sharing. BlackBerry users can be focused people, insisting on perfection before realizing what they actually have. They come around.
    02-08-13 08:27 AM
    Thanks for sharing. BlackBerry users can be focused people, insisting on perfection before realizing what they actually have. They come around.
    if they give it enough of a change yeah or will leave and likely say its garbage

those that love it are still playing with it, those that don't understand it aren't.

there are few bugs and tweeks that i'm sure will be addressed soon but there are far fewer bugs that any other BB i have owned, and i was an early adopter of OS7 which honestly came out messier
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-08-13 08:33 AM
    Right on, thanks for sharing. We definitely don't see enough good experience.
    02-08-13 08:44 AM
    I'm definitely loving my Z10. Its sad seeing all the negativity on this site. It seems like people just want a forum to complain. The device is not perfect, but what you get far outweighs the little things that are missing. Why make a big deal of the little things when we know that most of those issues will get sorted out as the platform matures. Trust me, BlackBerry isn't waiting for some user to setup a website airing his complaints before it acts. They have a road map and added functionality will be coming down the line at some point.

Step back and realize what BlackBerry has accomplished with BB10. Its amazing to think that with all the doom and gloom over the past two years, they were able to develop a new mobile platform pretty much from the ground up. I can't wait to see what's next.
    el_excelsior and zombie73 like this.
    02-08-13 09:03 AM
    Loving my Z10 as well, and i agree 100% on the battery comment, my first day was only hours long, second day i brought my charger just in case, didn't need it, and today i'm having even better life. background syncing and setup must be **** on the battery. i still might get an extended one.
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    02-08-13 09:22 AM
    I'm definitely loving my Z10. Its sad seeing all the negativity on this site. It seems like people just want a forum to complain. The device is not perfect, but what you get far outweighs the little things that are missing. Why make a big deal of the little things when we know that most of those issues will get sorted out as the platform matures. Trust me, BlackBerry isn't waiting for some user to setup a website airing his complaints before it acts. They have a road map and added functionality will be coming down the line at some point.

Step back and realize what BlackBerry has accomplished with BB10. Its amazing to think that with all the doom and gloom over the past two years, they were able to develop a new mobile platform pretty much from the ground up. I can't wait to see what's next.
    ^This. :-)

To OP: Glad you love your Z10 and people around you are taking notice. Galaxy S3 "slutty" LOL. ;-)
    02-08-13 09:23 AM
    Couldn't agree more, went to a local establishment yesterday and left my phone over a napkin in the open and oh boy did it get some stares!! My BBM is growing already many hidden BB fans are appearing and are exited to see someone new on their list! I get questions daily from many ppl asking me about the phone! Some are actually grabbing the phone today and some are patiently waiting for the Q10!!
    02-08-13 10:37 AM
    Most asked question I got was "Is that the new iphone?"
    02-08-13 11:06 AM
    My only gripe.... The top and bottom bezels are too big...
    02-08-13 11:07 AM
    Most asked question I got was "Is that the new iphone?"
    Same, I knew I should have gotten the black one.
    Honestly I am shocked how many people just assume that it is an iPhone, at least that tells you that Apple still owns the mindshare.
    02-08-13 02:24 PM
    Same, I knew I should have gotten the black one.
    Honestly I am shocked how many people just assume that it is an iPhone, at least that tells you that Apple still owns the mindshare.
    Do you not like the white? I was going to follow tradition and get the black one, but the more I see the white one, the more I like it. Not sure if too many guys rock whites Z10's though. Not that it really matters though, as it would be my device
    zaki67 likes this.
    02-08-13 03:26 PM
    I read somewhere that the back cover is slightly different material/feel between black and white. Can anyone comment on that if theyve handled both? White is hot to trot, but black is the new black. Decisions decisions. Threads like these make me lust after this new phone more and more. I want to peek and flow and look at the hub Still no news in aus about release

Thanks for posting OP
    02-08-13 04:51 PM
    The Z10's are awesome, thanks for the post.
    02-08-13 05:02 PM
    Well this is a pleasant surprise! Thanks for sharing and I really enjoyed it. Keep posting and have fun.

Z10 is awesome-dear-diary.jpg
    02-09-13 12:27 AM
    Well this is a pleasant surprise! Thanks for sharing and I really enjoyed it. Keep posting and have fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dear diary.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	134885
    stalin?? lol
    02-09-13 12:28 AM
    stalin?? lol
    Ehhhhh. I was all out of kuhdoffy(how do you spell that?) Memes so I had to dig into the oldies...
    02-09-13 12:32 AM
    [QUOTE=evilxkilla;7953049]And galaxy looks slutty. /QUOTE]

Quote of the week.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-09-13 02:21 AM
    Love the 10, Been the go to guy in my family I can solve most of their z10 issues with the screen share currently have a class of 3 students...helping out just got more fun...And I so leave my phone out in the open now and love the surprise on ppls faces when I say "It's a BlackBerry "

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 02:23 AM
    Love the 10, Been the go to guy in my family I can solve most of their z10 issues with the screen share currently have a class of 3 students...helping out just got more fun...And I so leave my phone out in the open now and love the surprise on ppls faces when I say "It's a BlackBerry "

People mistake it for an iphone way too often but they are interested in trying it once you explain otherwise

02-09-13 07:22 AM
    I love the Z10 it's easily the most amazing device I have ever used! I love how peek and flow work so beautifully. All the whiners should give it some time to adjust. I found there was no learning curve for me at all, just picked it up and away I went

jarrodmeyer and bmercer94 like this.
    02-09-13 07:22 AM
    that's pretty spot on. I think no matter what phone you buy you can nitpick things you'd like to be different, better or changed. anddd i'm with the the original poster. i can't even imagine how in love i'm going to be after each update, as we know, BB always seems to make phones run better and better after each update.
    02-09-13 08:12 AM
    I love mine!
    Is it perfect yet? No. Will it be? pretty sure it will be close soon.
    DPanacci likes this.
    02-09-13 08:52 AM
51 123