Dear Friends,

I am using blackberry Z10 for few days now. And i am already facing issue with my Z10.
    My Z10 is on OS 10.2.0.424 and i am facing problem where my Z10 automatically shuts down at 27% and can be only be turned on after plugging the charger. I am facing this problem from past 3 days and its really annoying. I really don't know whether its and OS issue or Hardware issue.

Friends i really needs your expert advice on this issue.

Regards.
    11-05-13 08:35 AM
    It annoys Me what I have done is and worked thank god

WHEN IT SHUTS DOWN REMOVE BATTERY FOR ONE HOUR

Put THE BATTERY BACK DONT CHARGE IT BEFORE YOU PUT THE CHARGER IN YOUR PHONE REMOVE IT FROM WALL, KEEP HOLDING LOCK BUTTON FOR 1 MINUTE, THEN PUT CHARGER ON WALL AND WAIT YOUR PHONE OPENS YOU WILL SEE BATTERY 0% if it did not work tell me

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791, buying Z30 this year
    11-05-13 09:12 AM
    Dear Zooz,

I will try what you have suggested. But I was ready on other forums, they said that they tried this option but did not worked for them. They had to get a replacement from blackberry.
    But is this a hardware issue or software issue.

Regards.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:02 AM
    it worked with me
    thank you free much

im using:
    Model: Blackberry Z10
    Model Number: STL100-1
    Software Release: 10.2.1.2102
    Last edited by jaddoo mahasna; 04-08-14 at 01:02 PM.
    04-07-14 04:08 PM
    Dear Zooz,

I will try what you have suggested. But I was ready on other forums, they said that they tried this option but did not worked for them. They had to get a replacement from blackberry.

Regards.

Posted via CB10
    When I had a Z10 and this happened to me I wait till it turn off completely and then I removed the battery, sim card and sd card then I will let my phone rest for half and hour and I connect it to charge till it reaches 100%
    This is a common problem for the battery of the Z10
    *sorry for bad english its not my native language

Sent from my XT1058 using CB Forums mobile app
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    04-07-14 04:23 PM
    I hope this works for u, coz it worked when my Q10 had the same issue but at 14%
    When your phone get off at whoteva percentage, plug into charger, switch on the charger and switch on the phone. And when the phone gets on and reaches the main page, hold volume up and down key until phone restarts( shows blackberry logo and the loading square). Then charge for sumtym so that it reaches more than 27% and den check if its turning off. If it stil remain, try once more and this time get your phone fully charged and then see again.
    As your doubt is, I too doubt if this is a hardware or a software issue. Surely wil need a BlackBerry xpert to answer this...any good luck for this...try and lemme know..

Posted via CB10...Shooting via Q10
    04-07-14 07:14 PM
    thank you....it worked with me
    04-08-14 01:01 PM
    It worked with me, I removed the battery in less than 10 minutes. I pressed the power button for about a minute, then put back the battery and charge it. Then boom...it's 8% while charging.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 01:42 PM
    Dear Zooz,

Regards.

Posted via CB10
    What zoozzooz123 said should work. It is a very widespread issue across all OS versions. It's not only limited to the Z10 either. These are the steps which have worked time and time again for me with different phones. It's possible you only need to pull out the battery for an hour when the phone dies and then put it back in as some say. It's possible that you only need to pull out the battery, SIM card, SD card for one hour like others say and then charge the phone. This is the method which has worked for me including all "overkill" steps and it works everytime. The issue might come back from time to time depending mainly on what you use to charge your device including USB ports on a computer.

Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

I'm not saying that weak chargers are the cause or the only thing that can trigger this flaw in the phones but it is a factor in many cases of battery charging circuit miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 04:04 PM
    Hi,
    I have lost the original charger that came with my Z10 and using an old blackberry charger and it says on the screen "Use the charger that came with the device to charge properly" or something similar. I can't seem to find the original charger in any stores. Can anyone give me the stats of the original charger so that I know what I am looking for?
    Thanks
    04-10-14 04:34 AM
    Hi,
    Original z10 charger (uk) is RIM part no. HDW-29714-001. Output is 750ma at 5v.
    If the old charger you're using is a genuine BlackBerry one, you shouldn't be seeing the 'please use the charger which came with your device ' sales message...
    Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 04:43 AM
    Hi,
    Original z10 charger (uk) is RIM part no. HDW-29714-001. Output is 750ma at 5v.
    If the old charger you're using is a genuine BlackBerry one, you shouldn't be seeing the 'please use the charger which came with your device ' sales message...
    Posted via CB10
    That's not necessarily true...if the old charger is weak compared to the original Z10 charger that warning can occur and using it can very likely lead to battery miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 07:44 AM
    Hi Niallac,

thanks for the help, I have a wall adaptor with the USB cable that plugs in to it, both are genuine Blackberry products and still gives me that error. When I was looking for a new charger, this is all that they had and I still opened it in the store and showed them that it was not correct. I'll see if I can find the one you mentioned.
    04-10-14 07:59 AM