Having a major issue with my Z10 since installing the most recent upgrade. It seems it no longer wants to automatically detect and log into my various wifi networks. Didn't notice this right away and in a few weeks racked up MAJOR data overuse charges through my mobile provider. 4GB!!!!

My Q10 has the most recent system upgrade and it's still working fine. But on the Z10, I have to remember to log into my wifi every single time. Doesn't even let me save the pass key which is a pain because it's LONG!

I've looked at the wifi setup on the Q10 and it looks the same as the Z and yet i'm having this issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Doug
    09-13-13 07:40 PM
    Welcome to the forums Doug, that is a crazy issue, nothing I have seen on my Zed. Have you tried deleting the wifi network from the Zed and readding?
    09-13-13 09:08 PM
    My problem exists only if I have logged into an alternate Wi Fi while out and about. (that's a Canadian about)

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:11 PM
    Long shot, but it you are on T-Mo shut wifi-calling off.
    09-13-13 09:57 PM
    Not an option.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:59 PM
    Having a major issue with my Z10 since installing the most recent upgrade. It seems it no longer wants to automatically detect and log into my various wifi networks. Didn't notice this right away and in a few weeks racked up MAJOR data overuse charges through my mobile provider. 4GB!!!!

My Q10 has the most recent system upgrade and it's still working fine. But on the Z10, I have to remember to log into my wifi every single time. Doesn't even let me save the pass key which is a pain because it's LONG!

I've looked at the wifi setup on the Q10 and it looks the same as the Z and yet i'm having this issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Doug
    Wifi

Z10 auto connect to wifi issue-img_00002932.png

Saved

Z10 auto connect to wifi issue-img_00002931.png

Touch your wifi.
    Is enable connection on. ?

Z10 auto connect to wifi issue-img_00002930.png

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:26 PM
    The question was Wi Fi calling, not a Wi Fi collection.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:36 PM
    May want to get Hub++
    Have the phone warn you of data usage ( not on wifi)

Z10 auto connect to wifi issue-img_00002933.png

Also use a data monitor app

Set alerts when you hit a certain percentage .

Z10 auto connect to wifi issue-img_00002934.png

Z10 auto connect to wifi issue-img_00002935.png

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:37 PM
    Wow, what a secret!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 10:53 PM
    Thanks for the welcome. And I appreciate the feedback. I did check to make sure the wifi settings were as you are showing them. But as soon as I leave my house and the Internet signal disappears, it doesn't rediscover it automatically as it did before. No reason for it that I can see. And yes Hub++ sounds like it might be a good utility to install but it doesn't actually fix the problem. Anyone else? This is getting ridiculous.
    09-14-13 12:41 AM
    Thanks for the welcome. And I appreciate the feedback. I did check to make sure the wifi settings were as you are showing them. But as soon as I leave my house and the Internet signal disappears, it doesn't rediscover it automatically as it did before. No reason for it that I can see. And yes Hub++ sounds like it might be a good utility to install but it doesn't actually fix the problem. Anyone else? This is getting ridiculous.
    You come home, pull settings down, turn on wifi and it won't connect? Do you leave wifi on no matter where you go?
    I shut my wifi off when I am out.
    Turn it on when I get home. It connects and I'm good to go.
    I always watch the indicator for wifi coverage come on before i do anything data related at home. Doesn't mean I have to, it is a old habit from getting burned with data overages on other phones.
    Also I have dropped wifi coverage in my shed at random intervals. That is the dangerous time for data "burn" for me, but Hub ++ warns me when the Wifi drops and returns.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:12 AM
    Have you tried backing up and restoring the OS?
    09-14-13 02:43 PM
    No that isn't what's happening. When I leave the house I lose the wifi and it switches over to data. That's fine. When I return home or the office or anywhere else I USED to have saved wifi info it doesn't auto connect. In fact, the save wifi info isn't there at all. I have to open wifi, choose the feed and enter the pass key. Every single time. It wasn't doing this before the update. Gah! Soooooo frustrating. Hate to say it but my daughter's iTouch which i programed for all the family wifi locations has never had a single issue. Losing my patience for BlackBerry and I've been a user since 2004.
    09-14-13 10:02 PM
    Hey Doug- I have a similiar issue, once I leave my WiFi and I lose the hub icon in the top right, when I return to the same (and saved) WiFi zones it does not switch back. I have to restart the phone in order for it to switch to the WiFi. The difference is that all my own WiFi zones are saved and still in the phone.
    10-15-13 12:43 AM
    Im having the exact same Issues as the OP. I noticed it first because I had my very first data usage warning from my service provider. This only started happening since I updated to OS 10.2. Has to be something in the update that messed with the Z10's ability to auto connect. I did receive a small update last night but the issue is still present. Not the happiest that i know have unexpected data charges on my phone bill. Has anyone heard of a solution? While I appreciate the suggestions of apps that track data it still doesn't solve the issue . And IMO this issue isn't a small little glitch that is just annoying ....its actually costing me money. Not cool.
    11-24-13 01:44 PM
    Had the issue with one of many saved WiFi profiles. Deleted the profile And then added it again. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-24-13 02:47 PM
    Having the exact same issue.. there's one more OS update, and I'm hesitant on installing it, but I'll give it a shot to see if it will be resolved
    12-14-13 12:33 PM
    I was having a similar issue where once I want out of range of a network and then came back it wouldn't want to connect again. I was able to fix it by going into the settings for the wifi network and turning on the allow inter-accesspoint handover option.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:39 PM
    Thanks for the quick response, I've switched it on, hopefully this issue will belong to the past
    12-14-13 12:49 PM
    Hey guy, can you please help me?
    I have even bigger issue, even though i am connected to my WIFI at home, for some reason is just not working..
    Every time i restart the device, i can see the WIFI ICON for few seconds, i can receive few messages via Whats app but than again is gone.
    i keep getting the same annoying error message that internet access has limited options.....

Its driving me nuts..
    Any help please?
    04-12-14 02:10 PM
    Hey guy, can you please help me?
    I have even bigger issue, even though i am connected to my WIFI at home, for some reason is just not working..
    Every time i restart the device, i can see the WIFI ICON for few seconds, i can receive few messages via Whats app but than again is gone.
    i keep getting the same annoying error message that internet access has limited options.....

Its driving me nuts..
    Any help please?
    How do you restart (see below). What about deleting the wifi connection and then recreating it?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    04-12-14 03:28 PM
    Hello all,

I have the exact same problem, i notice that after updating to the latest OS makes my phone unable to connect because of "l.imited connection" sort of thing.

heres what I've done,
    * Restart (Not working)
    * Delete the profile and re adding (Not working)
    * Pulling the battery for a few minutes (Not working)

Then i come to one thread stating that, off the data on your network, makes you able to connect to wifi. I try and it did works.
    Only thing is after I turn the data back on, it disable the wifi again.

What i did afterwards is, I let the data off for a few minutes (maybe 30 minutes or so) and turn it back on.
    *Miracle happens* It did work!
    I'm afraid that the solution is not permanent, so i restart the phone and see that the wifi is connecting just fine. *problem solved*

Hope it can help. Cheers.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-04-14 04:08 AM
    Friends,

I tried everything that was spoken about the problem of connection with my Z10, but still can not connect to my home network and outside the home also can not connect.

I set my OS to the manufacturer, restarted the phone, even prayer does not work LOL, can you give me some more ideas of what I could do?

the version of my current OS is 10.2.1.2122

Thank you
    07-01-14 12:38 PM
    Friends,

I tried everything that was spoken about the problem of connection with my Z10, but still can not connect to my home network and outside the home also can not connect.

I set my OS to the manufacturer, restarted the phone, even prayer does not work LOL, can you give me some more ideas of what I could do?

the version of my current OS is 10.2.1.2122

Thank you
    What brand and model is your router? Some routers can also have updated firmware from the manufacturer. You might pick a different channel on the router setup mode. Or limit it to one band type. I'm not a router expert so let's see if anyone else has any ideas.
    07-01-14 04:53 PM
    Try deleting all the saved wifi networks and then re-saving them.
    07-05-14 01:26 PM
27 12