From being out of stock online and with 2 week wait times from what i'm gathering seems as though the Z10 is selling well.

In the US there is various online sell outs and people are reporting retail sell outs.

Whats the scoop my crackbabies?
    03-30-13 03:56 PM
    I just hope that the stores did order a small amount of inventory for the z10 which caused it to sell fast

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-30-13 04:14 PM
    I just hope that the stores did order a small amount of inventory for the z10 which caused it to sell fast

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Wouldn't it be better if the stores ordered a big amount and sold out of those?
    ErinnM, nquyen and missing_K-W like this.
    03-30-13 04:18 PM

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    In these cases ,i hope there is a substantial back order.
    03-30-13 04:18 PM
    From being out of stock online and with 2 week wait times from what i'm gathering seems as though the Z10 is selling well.

In the US there is various online sell outs and people are reporting retail sell outs.

Whats the scoop my crackbabies?
    Come to Montana, no one is anywhere even remotely close to selling out.
    03-30-13 05:25 PM
    ^ I'm from MT. Out of state for college, but I'll buy one when I get home for Summer Break.
    03-30-13 05:26 PM
    Sad thing is most stores I have heard locally only ordered a small amount 10 under so sell outs are not a big deal at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:28 PM
    I believe Blackberry will have a successful year this year. Most definitely!
    03-30-13 05:38 PM
    Best phone I have ever owned! Hands down.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:41 PM
    Wouldn't it be better if the stores ordered a big amount and sold out of those?
    Nope. Small orders which sell out quickly create a positive buzz about the product. The wireless carriers and retailers have to remain quiet about the shipment sizes for this tactic to be successful. A rapid delivery supply chain to the wireless carriers and retailers is essential; so far the strategy appears to be working like a finely crafted Swiss time piece.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-30-13 05:53 PM
    Come to Montana, no one is anywhere even remotely close to selling out.
    No thanks. Lived in Pakistan and Afghanistan when I was a kid -- spring break? -- and Montana is far down on that list. I'll bet Jan's Bakery is sold out! (For those who know...). I think it's going to be a slow burn in the states. But a successful one.
    03-30-13 05:59 PM
    Most of the T Mobile stores here have been sold out in my area , there's a couple of local stores that have a few,but the sales folks show no interest in Blackberry, all they talk about is the iPhone 5 being released on April 12th, sad but that's just the way is it.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-30-13 06:01 PM
    The Z10 launched here in Australia on Monday and Tuesday to our two biggest carriers and our biggest retail electronics chain. I've seen one ad on TV (they covered the Australian F1 race very well though) since.

I was in 2 different Harvey Norman stores (think Walmart but upmarket) yesterday and there was NIL promotion at all. No posters, no display phones and no staff promoting it. I asked the staff did they have the new Blackberry's and they said yes, but they didn't have any promotional material. They'd "have to find the device somewhere out back". This was 4 days AFTER the launch. Blackberry have about .5% market share here now, and I think that's going to drop. Sorry.
    03-30-13 06:20 PM
    Most of the T Mobile stores here have been sold out in my area , there's a couple of local stores that have a few,but the sales folks show no interest in Blackberry, all they talk about is the iPhone 5 being released on April 12th, sad but that's just the way is it.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, just came from a local tmobile store, my girlfriend was looking to get her Z10, but they were sold out.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:26 PM
    I drove by a local Verizon store here in Nashville midday yesterday (after launch in Thursday) and saw a considerable number of people inside. I didn't go in so I'm not sure what phones they were looking for but it was a much larger crowd than usual for that store and I don't recall another launch around this time so I assumed it was due to interest in the Z10.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-30-13 07:10 PM
    Nope. Small orders which sell out quickly create a positive buzz about the product. The wireless carriers and retailers have to remain quiet about the shipment sizes for this tactic to be successful. A rapid delivery supply chain to the wireless carriers and retailers is essential; so far the strategy appears to be working like a finely crafted Swiss time piece.
    I get what your saying however if you had a lot of something and sold them all that would be a good thing!!!
    03-30-13 07:37 PM
    I get what your saying however if you had a lot of something and sold them all that would be a good thing!!!
    True. However, it is very important for both BlackBerry and the wireless carriers to keep a constant trickle of BlackBerry Z10s available for sale and present a positive adoption rate instead of flooding the market with the smartphones and having them sit in the storeroom for months. Scarcity makes consumers buy a product even when the product is not a necessity; basic supply-and-demand from freshman economics. It would be fantastic if BlackBerry could flood the supply chain and hence the various retailers and wireless carriers with BlackBerry Z10s but unfortunately some market manipulation behind the scenes is necessary to build-up the BlackBerry image in the media and in the minds of end-users. The good news is BlackBerry sold 1 000 000 BlackBerry Z10s during the first month of availability and has an agreement with a major supply chain distributor for 1 000 000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones, presumably not limited to the Z10 model, so in essence the first 4-5 weeks has seen 2 000 000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones sold outright or attached to a purchase order. Not a terrible start as the company and brand try to re-establish themselves in the highly competitive wireless telecommunications market. Rest assured I am not a rabid fan, merely a loyal BlackBerry user.
    sellersce and missing_K-W like this.
    03-30-13 07:54 PM
    Just talked to customer service on the phone while activating my white VZW Z10 and he said all but three of the calls he'd gotten were for the Z10. Things are looking up for BlackBerry hopefully!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:00 PM
    Just talked to customer service on the phone while activating my white VZW Z10 and he said all but three of the calls he'd gotten were for the Z10. Things are looking up for BlackBerry hopefully!

Posted via CB10
    I hope they were either activating or ordering the Z10. An amazing device that will sell very well
    beamolite likes this.
    03-30-13 08:20 PM
    great to hear!! Anyone seeing if the promotional material is any better with TMobile or Verizon than it was with AT&T? In the stores is what i am refering to.
    03-30-13 08:20 PM
    Verizon's flagship store in San Francisco was aggressively selling units. I watched about five being sold on launch day before me and another ten or so when I got one for myself (launch day was for mom). The display was also mobbed by people using the two demo devices.

At least at that store, it seems to be selling well.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:49 PM
    Verizon's flagship store in San Francisco was aggressively selling units. I watched about five being sold on launch day before me and another ten or so when I got one for myself (launch day was for mom). The display was also mobbed by people using the two demo devices.

At least at that store, it seems to be selling well.

Posted via CB10
    Z10 is just getting started. 99% of people love this device. Right on crackbabies
    03-30-13 08:53 PM
    Best Buy at 86th and Lex in New York had "plenty" of the AT&T this afternoon according to the sales rep. I was at the store to pick-up some headphones for a birthday gift so just asked the rep how they were selling and he said he's sold "about 5" since launch. I asked how that compared with other phones he sells and he said his best seller tended to be the Samsung line followed by iPhone. He said the folks who were buying the Z10 were generally coming specifically for the phone and knew all about them. He hasn't had many coming by asking to try it out. I asked him what he had heard but he said he was more of an Android guy so not very familiar with Blackberry. He said he had a Blackberry Curve a few years ago.
    mdthorpe likes this.
    03-30-13 09:06 PM
    Purchased mine opening day at Verizon last Thursday in Huntsville Alabama which is a very densely populated engineering and tech savvy town. At 6:30 pm I was the 5th customer to buy a Z10 according to the sales rep. I wonder what kind of volume iphones and androids do on any given day...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:11 PM
    Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:21 PM
45 12