My previous phone was nokia 6700 slide and when I set up an alarm and turned it off completely and sleep, then it opens automatically and the alarm rings in the morning.
    I tried same thing with z10, unfortunately the alarm works only if it is open. If I
    turned z10 off completely it is not ringing

Is there any solution for this problem ? I dont want to carry extra alarm clock and I never keep my phone open at nights.

* sorry for my poor english.
    04-29-13 03:41 AM
    Just put it in bedside mode, it turns everything off and still wakes u up!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:48 AM
    I don't think so but honestly man, just put your phone on silent instead of turning it off...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:48 AM
    Modern smartphones don't have that function anymore it needs to be turned on. The only "modern" smartphone that can still do this as far as I know is the Nokia N9.
    04-29-13 04:06 AM
    Just put it in bedside mode, it turns everything off and still wakes u up!

Posted via CB10
    but the phone will continue to consume battery power and I do not want to be exposed to sar whole night.
    04-29-13 07:36 AM
    Put into airplane mode to turn off the network & wifi.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:12 AM
    Full disclosure, I don't have a Z10 and haven't played around with BB10 yet but does it not still have the same options that the legacy devices have to schedule when your phone turns on and off? I don't use it b/c I put my current bb on to charge and set it to bedside but I'm fairly certain that even in BB5 you can set a schedule to turn your phone on at a certain time each day.
    04-29-13 08:34 AM
    Full disclosure, I don't have a Z10 and haven't played around with BB10 yet but does it not still have the same options that the legacy devices have to schedule when your phone turns on and off? I don't use it b/c I put my current bb on to charge and set it to bedside but I'm fairly certain that even in BB5 you can set a schedule to turn your phone on at a certain time each day.
    Actually the legacy BlackBerry never really turned off... it was only going to sleep mode. The only way to turn off is by pulling the battery. I am not sure how the Nokia works... but the equivalent of turning off would be to put in airplane mode. The power consumption would be next to zero.

I personally use bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:41 AM
    As far as I know it doesn't . Personally I have never used that function but I have been asked by my uses quite a few times if that is coming.

04-29-13 08:43 AM
    04-29-13 10:24 AM