Lately the phone suddenly becomes unusable-cant send messages, open apps, and the picture password doesnt work. It happens at random times of the day and I dont know why. A restart fixes things but it really bothers me since, it happened a number of times already. Anyone experiencing this? I havent installed any new apps just to add more info. Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    09-06-14 04:43 AM
    Are you running a battery analyzer or something like that? Can you tell us how much free memory you have on your device? I find that the memory drains from my Z30 and when it gets too low, my phone doesn't perform tasks either. Rebooting recovers the free memory.
    09-06-14 06:16 AM
    Are you running a battery analyzer or something like that? Can you tell us how much free memory you have on your device? I find that the memory drains from my Z30 and when it gets too low, my phone doesn't perform tasks either. Rebooting recovers the free memory.
    Im not running any battery analyzer and my phone memory is at around 9gb.
    09-06-14 06:19 AM
    You can look at Device Monitor and see how the battery is reacting during the day.

How old is the device? Warranty?
    09-06-14 09:31 AM
    You can look at Device Monitor and see how the battery is reacting during the day.

How old is the device? Warranty?
    I am getting decent battery life. The device is almost 5 months old. Happened thrice today already which is very frustrating.
    09-06-14 10:37 AM
    Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    09-06-14 11:35 AM
    Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    Is this different from simply holding the power button for around 3 seconds and choosing the restart option?
    09-06-14 11:53 AM
    Also, I noticed that when this "weird" thing happens and when I try to open up my pictures, a message appears saying that the media library can't be accessed. I dont know what triggers this and it is really really annoying.
    09-06-14 11:55 AM
    Yes, holding it a long time is different. But you might also just turn it OFF. Then remove the battery for 15 minutes and replace it.

But something sounds wrong. You might want to try REinstalling the OS. Use BBLink after you backup your unique data.
    09-06-14 06:06 PM
    Yes, holding it a long time is different. But you might also just turn it OFF. Then remove the battery for 15 minutes and replace it.

But something sounds wrong. You might want to try REinstalling the OS. Use BBLink after you backup your unique data.
    If it happens again then I'll reload the os. Thanks!
    09-06-14 08:32 PM
    Just to update, I performed a security wipe and I think it already solved the issue. It never occurred again and hopefully it stays this way.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:34 AM
    Just to update, I performed a security wipe and I think it already solved the issue. It never occurred again and hopefully it stays this way.

Posted via CB10
    Hope it will never ever happened again to your precious z10!

White z10
    brogoh likes this.
    09-27-14 10:18 AM