CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 4G LTE Middle East?

blackberry Z10 was released about 3 weeks ago in Saudi Arabia.. but we only have a 3G version of the Z10 so far.. apparently this is not only in Saudi Arabia but in all of the middle east.. so does anyone if blackberry is planning to send us the 4G version? I tried to contact blackberry and blackberry carriers here but I didn't get a reply
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2884E3DC-286CF512

BB STL100-2 which support 4g are available , i bought one in UAE !! The problem which i did't realize before i bought it is that carriers will not update your device as they only sell the z10 STL100-1 !!
    Thanked by:
    ammaro711 (03-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thats the problem they are available but not from the carriers..and usually with no warranty and higher price... blackberry middle east site didn't even list the 4G on the specifications so it looks like they are not planning to release the 4G version officially here in the short term.. x_x
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

This is what I had like to know as well. 4G was not released yet when the devices came in for us in Bahrain. I got my device already as it has been 2 weeks now but my carrier has finally launched its 4G network. I really wanna know if BlackBerry will be sending us those LTE versions since the carriers are now providing LTE network now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

any news on the release date of the 4G version here? I've also heard that the STL100-1 is using a different processor and GPU than the ones in the STL100-2 is that true?
    CPU(Dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon for the STL100-2 and TI OMAP 4470 1.5Ghz for STL100-1)
    GPU(STL100-2: Qualcomm GPU Adreno 225) (STL100-1:Imagination GPU PowerVR SGX 544)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

Yes that is true as discussed in a few threads before.

The stl 100-1 has ti omap with power vr gpu. If you look at the geek bench scores you find the ti omap around 25-35% slower than the snapdragon. In real life it might not matter. But you can't help feel a bit cheated. Especially because we paid the same price than elsewhere for a slower device that certainly has lower production costs.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

For those interested to buy an LTE device for cheaper than what Axiom is selling it for WITH warranty. My brother just told me about this website after I purchased my Z10 from the UK.

Z10 | JadoPado.com - The UAE's Best Kept Shopping Secret. Seriously.

NOTE: Even if you buy an LTE version now you cannot connect to an LTE network as the phone settings toggle you back to HSPA. Reason? Unknown...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default the reason

Im in jeddah. According to phone specs lte will only work in the following
    Lte bands:
    Quad band LTE 2, 5, 4, 17 (700/850/1700/1900 mhz)

The lte bands in Saudi are(STC) ستعمل على Band: 2300MHz
    (Mobily) ستعمل على Band: 2600MHz
    (Zain) ستعمل على Band: 1800MHz

Therefore, the device is not manufactured to work with the middle east lte bands, at least in Saudi Arabia.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

just a simple laid back 33 year old gay male seeking friends, a lover, bbm pin 26145AC6
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Badr Alyami View Post
    Im in jeddah. According to phone specs lte will only work in the following
    Lte bands:
    Quad band LTE 2, 5, 4, 17 (700/850/1700/1900 mhz)

The lte bands in Saudi are(STC) ستعمل على Band: 2300MHz
    (Mobily) ستعمل على Band: 2600MHz
    (Zain) ستعمل على Band: 1800MHz

Therefore, the device is not manufactured to work with the middle east lte bands, at least in Saudi Arabia.
    The information you posted is true concerning the STL100-3 model.

However, a lot of us in the Middle East purchased the STL100-2 model which does support the LTE bands 1800 / 2600, which technically should work here in KSA, but unfortunately don't .

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

In Bahrain, my carrier supports the 1800 / 2600 LTE brands as I double checked on their site again. I have already ordered an STL100-2 from JadoPado so will it work just fine without any issues? I checked your last post and you said that the phone settings will toggle back to the normal 3G/HSPA network which it will never and never connect to a 4G network. What's the use of me ordering the STL100-2 then?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Nabooy View Post
    In Bahrain, my carrier supports the 1800 / 2600 LTE brands as I double checked on their site again. I have already ordered an STL100-2 from JadoPado so will it work just fine without any issues? I checked your last post and you said that the phone settings will toggle back to the normal 3G/HSPA network which it will never and never connect to a 4G network. What's the use of me ordering the STL100-2 then?
    Unfortunately that seems to be the case. I don't know what the reason is but I can assure you I'm not the only one that cannot make LTE work. BlackBerry needs to give answers here and so far they have not.

Your phone will work fine, however you won't get LTE (yet). Once our carriers/BB decide to fix it this issue then at least our devices will be LTE ready. Also, the STL100-2 is noticeably faster than the STL100-1 as shown on videos so it's not all lost

I'm hoping by the time the Q10 will come out, we will be able to use LTE with newer software updates.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Can you give me feedback when you received your Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 from JadoPado? Because I want to order my STL100-2 from JadoPado but I'm a little afraid because I have a bad experience buying online.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Nabooy View Post
    Can you give me feedback when you received your Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 from JadoPado? Because I want to order my STL100-2 from JadoPado but I'm a little afraid because I have a bad experience buying online.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry Newbie

It will not work.. I mean will not connect to LTE.. i already have STL100-2 model purchased from handtec.. I already purchased a new EE sim card the LTE connect on EE sim card here in saudi arabia as a roaming on all the three networks "STC, ZAIN, AND MOBILY".. but when i replace the sim with stc, zain, mobily sim cards which already supports lte.. It reverts back to HSPA+/UMTS/GSM. this issue seems to be weired and we need a solution for this issue..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhon3g View Post

Thanks.
    I ordered mine from JadoPado and no issues. They are safe. I've been purchasing from them since 1 year and all transactions have been super smooth.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Saud Moha View Post
    It will not work.. I mean will not connect to LTE.. i already have STL100-2 model purchased from handtec.. I already purchased a new EE sim card the LTE connect on EE sim card here in saudi arabia as a roaming on all the three networks "STC, ZAIN, AND MOBILY".. but when i replace the sim with stc, zain, mobily sim cards which already supports lte.. It reverts back to HSPA+/UMTS/GSM. this issue seems to be weired and we need a solution for this issue..
    I think we will get a better picture about this once the Q10 rolls out here. They're supposedly bringing the LTE model which uses the same same chipset as the STL100-2 model.

Hopefully they will add LTE support by then.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Vector-SS View Post
    I think we will get a better picture about this once the Q10 rolls out here. They're supposedly bringing the LTE model which uses the same same chipset as the STL100-2 model.

Hopefully they will add LTE support by then.

Posted via CB10
    i think it will not work unless blackberry make lte support for ME networks in the firmware itself. cause roaming sim cards work on lte here in ME. even when q10 released they have to make the firmware on z10 supports lte networks, other wise it will not work. i was thinking if it is possible to change the sim card EMU, so the device will identify the sim card as a Vodafone, t-mobile, etc.. so we can then connect to LTE.. i'll try to find a solution.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Saud Moha View Post
    i think it will not work unless blackberry make lte support for ME networks in the firmware itself. cause roaming sim cards work on lte here in ME. even when q10 released they have to make the firmware on z10 supports lte networks, other wise it will not work. i was thinking if it is possible to change the sim card EMU, so the device will identify the sim card as a Vodafone, t-mobile, etc.. so we can then connect to LTE.. i'll try to find a solution.
    That's what I was telling another person in another thread, that this must be from blackberry's side. That's why I'm hoping we get the LTE Q10 which will raise our hopes of getting an LTE firmware update.

I remeber reading someone saying his roaming Z10 from the UK couldn't lock on LTE. We need to find a solution this ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

BlackBerry Middle East confirmed Q10 being launched Q2 will support LTE, which leads me to believe Z10 STL100-2 models will be Enabled on the LTE network at the time. If they support LTE now on this model, I believe this will create an issue for them, as all official retailers and carriers opted for STL100-1. 10.0.10.90 OS update is available now in the Middle East via Link or BlackBerry Web update page, but you will loose ability to toggle to 4G, which I guess is fine since it is not supported now anyways.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

will blackberry release STL100-2 in saudi after Q10 is released??

i read about it in this link "No more non LTE BlackBerry 10 devices" said BlackBerry - BerryVerse.com - The 1st BlackBerry Universal Community

i just want to make sure if its true so that i dont get the STL-100-1 and wait for STL-100-2
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

i have a chat with people from DU yesterday. They informed me to date DU only support LTE if you are using the usb key modem (Data package) for accessing data internet. So far no support yet for mobile devices, only 3G ( thats what they said). i do hope this will change.
    CrackBerry Addict

Yeah, I think the carriers and resellers already made a huge profit from selling 3G models for the price of 4G ones and even higher.

So why not "reintroduce" a 4G model now, advertise it heavily as 4G, and the best part for them is that they don't need to drop the price which is normal for any product some time after a launch. Why? Because it's the "new" 4G model.

Posted via CB10