Hi all,

This morning I found my alarm did not go off on my phone to wake me up, as usual... and upon looking at my phone I found I could not wake it up. All it was doing was flashing the red light.... once, *pause*, and then four times. I could not get it to reboot and pulling the battery only made it go back to blinking and would not turn it on.

If I held down the power button long enough I sometimes could get the load screen to start in which it shows the word/logo "Blackberry" but then it would freeze on that until I gave up after 15 mins and pulled the battery again.

After googling the number of blinks and what they mean I see that it means "Flash Write Failure" though I'm not sure what I am supposed to do with that info. I have attempted to reload the device software with Blackberry Link but it cannot connect with the phone in order to accomplish the wipe. I have done countless battery pulls and power button pressing and failed attempts to connect to Link with no luck. I can't even wipe the phone via the handheld or Link/my computer.

I am ready to pull my hair out and am at a loss at this point if I can't even reload it using the desktop software.
    Wide open to any suggestions or flashes of brilliance!
    thanks
    06-18-13 09:10 AM
    Sounds like it is dead...take it in to your carrier for help, although that may be expensive.
    06-18-13 09:19 AM
    Also, this didn't work: How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com

I can't get it to stay connected without blinking long enough for a reload
    06-18-13 09:24 AM
    Plug it without the battery and once it connects and starts loading the software put the battery back in.

The error you got means the os is corrupted by the way and needs to be reloaded
    06-18-13 09:28 AM
    Doesn't work. As soon as I plug it into the computer the light starts flashing again it never gets past the "initializing software update" screen.
    I realize I need to reload the OS, I just can't find a way to do it!
    06-18-13 09:45 AM
    Just got off the phone with tech support. Seems my phone is pooched and will need to go out for servicing.
    Super awesome. Not impressed, might be my last Blackberry. I have hung on for so long and bought every new phone they put out.... but this was an expensive on to have to die 2 months into it's use. Not impressed. Not happy to be sending it out for servicing before I can wipe it and keep it from prying eyes.

disappointed.
    06-18-13 01:58 PM
    Just got off the phone with tech support. Seems my phone is pooched and will need to go out for servicing.
    Super awesome. Not impressed, might be my last Blackberry. I have hung on for so long and bought every new phone they put out.... but this was an expensive on to have to die 2 months into it's use. Not impressed. Not happy to be sending it out for servicing before I can wipe it and keep it from prying eyes.

disappointed.
    I feel bad that you had to waste your day on it.
    06-18-13 02:09 PM