I apologize in advance for being terribly non tech savy...

I have had my Z10 for more than two years and have LOVED it. In the last few months, I started to have an issue with texting. Occasionally, when I started typing it only showed the first letter, then took a few seconds before it caught up. This was fine, except for a few very short messages that sent only the first letter because I hit send before it caught up.

However, two days ago I downloaded the 10.3 update. I had a lot of issues downloading the update in the first place, but I don't think that affects the text message problem I have now.

It still does the thing where only the first letter shows up, but it happens more frequently and takes waaaaayyy longer to catch up. It can take more than a minute sometimes.

The bigger problem is that a large percentage of the messages wont send. I'll type it up, hit send, and nothing happens. Then, after a minute or so, it gives me some message about "the text message could not be saved" and it's like nothing ever happened. It's not like it failed to send, where it has the red x or anything. It just isn't there at all.

What's even weirder.... is that it seems to happen virtually every other message I send. So I basically type a message, try to send it, it doesn't do anything, I type it again, and it sends that time with no problem. Then the next thing I type wont send again! I know it's a problem with my phone and not the provider (ATT) because the messages never even get a chance to try to send.

I'm so frustrated. I deleted a LOT of text message chains, all of my notifications, emptied my facebook and twitter messages, and deleted apps all to try to help my phone run smoother. I've restarted it, taken battery and sim card out... I'm out of ideas. Nothing I've tried did anything for the text messages.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm desperate.

Oh, and this problem does seem worse texting my mom, who definitely has the longest chain of texts, but it's happening with everybody. I'd say about half of my messages wont send, regardless of who I'm texting. I'm wondering if deleting ALL of my messages and starting over would help, but I'm reluctant to lose all of those years of messages....

I'm sorry this is so long. I just want to try to make it easier for somebody to help!
    Thanks!
    06-25-15 07:21 PM
    Update:

Spent 5 hours on phone with blackberry tech support. Backed up phone and restored it, didn't work. Might have made problem worse. Filed a report and sent screen shots to blackberry, and the woman I spoke with sent my issue to "tier three" to get more help. They are supposed to call me tomorrow.

Anybody else ever had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?
    06-26-15 10:59 PM
    You should wipe and do NOT restore. Use it as brand new. Perhaps just transfer your contacts to your memory card but thats it! You will find the problem solved. If not, then time for a new phone

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-26-15 11:18 PM
    Had the same issue on my z10 only happened with one specific os though and was resolved the moment I installed another

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 10:54 AM