Just got my z10 and used the autoloader to get 10.2.1.2141 going on it.

I sideloaded Snap and have installed a bunch of Android aps, as well as native BB apps as well.

My question is, will a full backup of my device in Link also backup all my Android apps that i've installed through Snap? (will it also backup Snap for that matter?)

I'm wodering if i ever need to wipe the device if my backup will put everything back, or if I'll have to manually restore all my apk's....

thanks!
    02-24-14 09:14 AM
    No, it will not back up the Android apps or SNAP. I have never found Link to back those up. All you will need to do is sideload SNAP and then redownload your android apps tho.
    David Nathan likes this.
    02-24-14 09:20 AM
    No, it will not back up the Android apps or SNAP. I have never found Link to back those up. All you will need to do is sideload SNAP and then redownload your android apps tho.
    Thanks jaydee5799. Does snap keep a list of My Downloads, the same way as BB World does, or will i just have to search for everything manually and download and install each one individually?
    02-24-14 09:33 AM
    For what reason do you need to backup your android apps? If it's for upgrading OS through autoloader, you could upgrade your OS using Sachesi and don't have to worry about your android apps or data being backup/restore as it's non destructive = your apps & data stays

Anyway, I don't think Snap would've saved your previously downloaded apps though, although not too sure as it might be connected to your google account.
    David Nathan likes this.
    02-24-14 10:17 AM
    When you use snap you have the option to save the apk files after they are installed. Most apk files are saved to the device under download by default. If you would like you could open up the native file manage and long press an apk file and press the checkmark that comes up on the right hand side of the screen and select all the apk files you would like to keep then you press the option at the top right which should be move and can move those files to a micro sd card making reinstalling the apps easy and painless. If you do not choose to do this all your previous downloaded apk files can be re downloaded through snap under the available tab.

Excuse the run on sentence and poor grammar.

Posted via CB10
    David Nathan likes this.
    02-24-14 10:25 AM
    Thanks jaydee5799. Does snap keep a list of My Downloads, the same way as BB World does, or will i just have to search for everything manually and download and install each one individually?
    No, I don't believe Snap stores that info (but maybe an idea for an upgrade) BUT any files you have grabbed using Snap will be stored in the Download folder on the device. If you backup that folder, you will have all the apk files. And then using the FileManager (native app), find them, select them and they can be reinstalled easily.

edited to add: BBNerd beat me to it!
    02-24-14 10:40 AM
    The key to restoring android app data is to reinstall the android apps before the restore

I keep my apks on my media card for this purpose (after an autoloader, the first thing I do in to reinstall the android apps)
    David Nathan likes this.
    02-24-14 10:42 AM
    Awesome. Thanks all for your input. That's what i wanted to know!
    02-24-14 01:25 PM
    After you re-sideload snap and login again, it will offer you the downloaded app list again. Similar to BBWorld.
    02-24-14 01:36 PM
    Start Snap, press the browse button, choose My Apps and you'll get this screen. Press Available and it will offer whatever you've downloaded in the past.

Z10 10.2.1.2141 Backup Question-img_20140224_123756.png
    02-24-14 01:40 PM