Well...about that "end of month". I think Thor forgot to send ATT the memo |:
    05-28-13 10:51 AM
    Just load up some of the leaks. I'm on AT&T and now on vacation. I've loaded up three new links, using my laptop. .2342 is working very well. On a side note; I live in a pretty remote area in Colorado, but have been experiencing LTE, in my travels. WOW!!!
    05-28-13 10:57 AM
    I was thinking about it. I can run a VM on my laptop (using a Mac so autoloaders are a nogo...usually). I don't know as much about BB10 as I do with iOS or Android to feel really comfortable with installing a leaked OS (vs say...a ROM). If a higher build is released ota and I'm on a leak, can you OTA? What if you run into a bug? Do you re-load? etc.

I recognize that it's an option but I'm not sure I should |:
    05-28-13 11:17 AM
    T-Mobile and Verizon do not have 10.1 released either... patience
    lang007 likes this.
    05-28-13 11:22 AM
    I was thinking about it. I can run a VM on my laptop (using a Mac so autoloaders are a nogo...usually). I don't know as much about BB10 as I do with iOS or Android to feel really comfortable with installing a leaked OS (vs say...a ROM). If a higher build is released ota and I'm on a leak, can you OTA? What if you run into a bug? Do you re-load? etc.

I recognize that it's an option but I'm not sure I should |:
    Are you using Parallels or Bootcamp on your mac? Someone posted here that Bootcamp works. I was using Parallels so am going to try flashing 10.1 sometime this week using Win7 via Bootcamp.
    05-28-13 11:24 AM
    I'm on AT&T and I've been running leaks for 3-4 years (BB9700, BB9900 and now Z10).

I've learned 2 things:
    1- Leaks are "effectively" official OSs that have simply not been released by a carrier yet. They come out of Blackberry and are every bit as good or better as anything released by a carrier. The carrier simply likes to push bloat ware and deactivate/hide things (i.e.- BB Maps & BB Bridge) they don't want you to have. The world would be a much better place if Blackberry released all OS updates and the carriers stayed out of it......... particularly in the case of AT&T.

2- If you are on AT&T plan to always be out-of-date and behind almost every other carrier on the globe. By the time AT&T gets out 10.1 many users/carriers might be running a 10.2 leak/official. This has been my experience with AT&T. I could really care less now because I am always on newer OS version anyway and never download anything from AT&T.

Just my thoughts!! Good luck .......but ....... don't hold your breath!!!
    05-28-13 11:29 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can still OTA. I for one am not to gung Ho about leaks, it not really being an official software update. But t mobile, for me has just taken way too long! I got my leaked. 2342 just yesterday and it went fairly well, I notice the changes to the new OS, new apps, and also tweaks to the keyboard. Is it worth it? Yea sure why not, but do be careful because I have read a lot of threads where people have had issues with the leaked update, at first the update made my phone a bit laggy, but that was like an hour into it, I am now about 15 hours in and it is perfect. If nething make sure to back up your phone so if you don't like the leak, just factory reset the OS and restore your back up. Hope this helped. I'm no pro, so you might want to search through the threads some more.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    05-28-13 11:38 AM
    Can't help with the MAC thing, but on att leaks are the way to go. I do not reload. If I have to go back, I go to a leak.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:06 PM
    Are you using Parallels or Bootcamp on your mac? Someone posted here that Bootcamp works. I was using Parallels so am going to try flashing 10.1 sometime this week using Win7 via Bootcamp.
    VM is a virtual machine, so yes hes probably running VMware, parallels or virtualbox. Bootcamp isn't a virtual machine

That being said. I've updated my phone with autoloaders using parallels, VMware and bootcamp and all work fine
    05-28-13 02:08 PM
    VM is a virtual machine, so yes hes probably running VMware, parallels or virtualbox. Bootcamp isn't a virtual machine

That being said. I've updated my phone with autoloaders using parallels, VMware and bootcamp and all work fine
    Cool. That's good to hear. I'll give it a go.
    05-28-13 03:03 PM
    Yeah...ATT delays everything. Which is why I run any android phone I might possess rooted. Only iOS updates escape the mighty ATT deathgrip. I'll borrow a laptop and backup my z10 there and try 2342.

So, you backup using Link, run the autoloader, then restore using Link? Am I getting that right?
    05-28-13 04:45 PM
    Yessir

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    05-28-13 05:28 PM
    Never hold back and wait for an "official" release from a carrier. If leaks are available, be sure you know what you're doing and go ahead and install them, they're usually better than official releases anyway. I'm on AT&T, used 9000, 9800, 9860 and now Z10 and have installed leaks on all of them without any major issues. I've had the reboot issue since day one on the Z10 and have installed every leak available, and .2342 seems to have FINALLY gotten rid of it, have not had a reboot since installing it Saturday morning (which is the longest I've ever gone without a random reboot). Even WAY better battery life than the official AT&T OS.

And yes, backup with Link, run the OS installer, then restore with Link.
    05-28-13 05:31 PM
    Never hold back and wait for an "official" release from a carrier. If leaks are available, be sure you know what you're doing and go ahead and install them, they're usually better than official releases anyway. I'm on AT&T, used 9000, 9800, 9860 and now Z10 and have installed leaks on all of them without any major issues. I've had the reboot issue since day one on the Z10 and have installed every leak available, and .2342 seems to have FINALLY gotten rid of it, have not had a reboot since installing it Saturday morning (which is the longest I've ever gone without a random reboot). Even WAY better battery life than the official AT&T OS.

And yes, backup with Link, run the OS installer, then restore with Link.
    Noah, what radio are you using?
    05-28-13 05:33 PM