I figured I'd make this thread for people who have installed this OS and hope it gets constant feedback as the days roll by. Please report on stuff like:

* Any possible new bugs popping up
    * If you had reboot issues did it get fixed?
    * If you didn't have reboot issues in the stock OS, did you get one after this update?
    * Has your battery life improved significantly? Has it been worse?

These are the main points that stand out for me so far. I will make more if any others come to mind.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-21-13 07:38 AM
    Got it installed this morning, so far no difference to the 10.1.0.1720 I installed using the Rogers SIM .
    That also means no Boot time and payment options error still.
    Also i had to use the web updater, because link showed an error and OTA didn't work.
    The check OTA is weird anyway, as when you press to check, it seems to to no checking and tells you in a split second that you have the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 07:43 AM
    Got it installed this morning, so far no difference to the 10.1.0.1720 I installed using the Rogers SIM .
    That also means no Boot time and payment options error still.
    Also i had to use the web updater, because link showed an error and OTA didn't work.
    The check OTA is weird anyway, as when you press to check, it seems to to no checking and tells you in a split second that you have the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    my unlocked Q does the same thing...i chk for update, and in a millisecond it tells me i have the latest at .1720. is your Z unlocked? maybe its a conspiracy....

i heard with the payment options error, that will resolve itself once you make an actual purchase on your phone, not before.
    06-21-13 07:46 AM
    I unlocked my Z last week. I can get rid of the payment options error by buying an app, but then cancelling the purchase last minute. But upon reboot the error comes back.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 07:57 AM
    I unlocked my Z last week. I can get rid of the payment options error by buying an app, but then cancelling the purchase last minute. But upon reboot the error comes back.

Posted via CB10
    bizarre. i havent tried it since theres nothing im willing to buy at this point. ...added to the bug list.
    06-21-13 08:00 AM
    I'm on AT&T and it's not available for me just yet!! Bummer...

Swiped from the Links amazing Z10
    06-21-13 08:05 AM
    I'm on AT&T and it's not available for me just yet!! Bummer...

That's weird. Well I am downloading it as I type this. I live in NYC.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-21-13 08:11 AM
    Currently have it installed and I'm already seeing improvements with the keyboard!

06-21-13 09:13 AM
    I don't have it yet either in California

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:01 AM
    Got it downloaded and installed before they pulled it. Keyboard accuracy and speed is much better. Individual notification controls per app are there and work great. Downloaded Skype and when I launched it, Z10 crashed. Not sure what is going on there, haven't tried again yet.

Now if I can get rid of the annoying on-screen gestures help tutorials....I explore some more.
    06-21-13 10:22 AM
    I've noticed a dark theme in the share menu on my z10 now. Also, the text bubble seems way better and more accurate. I'm happy so far today . The update did take a while to load though.

Attachment 174492
    Attachment 174494

Attachment 174495

Posted via CB10 using my flick-ity keyboard .
    Last edited by EsJayDee; 06-21-13 at 11:24 AM.
    06-21-13 10:24 AM
    Almost 11:30 AM in Pa and no update available yet????

06-21-13 10:26 AM
    Skype downloaded from BB World after the 10.1 OS update from AT&T doesn't work on my device. Hangs and I have to perform a force close to get out of it.
    06-21-13 12:53 PM
    I am on TMO first of all. That happened to me too. But after I ran an update the second time, all is butter smooth including Skype.

Perhaps, the update the first time didn't happen correctly. I am saying all this assuming that you already tried battery pull/reboot, etc. It shouldn't need that, but just in case.

Skype downloaded from BB World after the 10.1 OS update from AT&T doesn't work on my device. Hangs and I have to perform a force close to get out of it.
    06-21-13 01:02 PM
    I would like to know if Att address book and Att navigator are available on the update?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:25 PM
    Don't know about Navigator, but Address Book works
    You have to go into accounts and add it.
    Funny thing is when you log in on the web, it shows the Z10 as Lisbon.

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    06-21-13 02:33 PM
    bizarre. i havent tried it since theres nothing im willing to buy at this point. ...added to the bug list.
    You don't have to buy anything, just go through the process and cancel at the last moment.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:41 PM

Now if I can get rid of the annoying on-screen gestures help tutorials....I explore some more.
    If you mean the "apps are to the right, running apps to the left" tutorial, Just follow the instructions as given one time and it won't harass you again. If it's the setup videos, you're out of luck, can't get rid of those.
    06-21-13 02:53 PM
    QUOTE]

Just got off the phone with AT&T and BlackBerry rep so that everyone knows this. BlackBerry rep stated "All updates have been released to all Carriers and that although AT&T released 10.1 update earlier today since then AT&T has recalled it" this was all said while I had AT&T supervisor on the line on conference call. So for those that were unable to get update like me now you know why. Again sit back and wait for AT&T. This really sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Holy ****. Why do you think they recalled it? Thank God I check these forums like a mad man. I installed the update after all and haven't run into any issues so far. I am kind of expecting battery to suffer the first couple days though. Just need to do some more testing.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-21-13 03:02 PM
    a recall??!? wtf. well, downloaded mine and it installed this morn. wtg att.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 03:16 PM
    Question: How does installing a leaked version of 10.1 on a Z10 compare to installing leaks on legacy devices? Do you have to reinstall everything?

Posted via CB10
    phoenix55 likes this.
    06-21-13 03:54 PM
    Question: How does installing a leaked version of 10.1 on a Z10 compare to installing leaks on legacy devices? Do you have to reinstall everything?

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Basically it is going to be a clean install (everything gets wiped). Definitely back up.

Now when you do it OTA, that won't be necessary.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-21-13 03:57 PM
    Updated mine early this morning and so far so good. The keyboard is bit better, skype is on point and everything just flows a bit faster. Can't comment on the battery life just yet. Liking this update so far.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 03:57 PM
    I'm on at&t but I have the leaked os. I know that wasn't the question but I guess I'm encouraging others do the same. I doubt that 10.2 is coming out for them anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 04:02 PM
    I have not taken the time to read on how you open a forum for CrackBerry. But if anyone reads this and is an AT&T customer who has new 10.1 software or does not please open a forum which reads Why AT&T SUCKS or REASONS WE HATE AT&T! I understand it's pretty much all US carriers but I cannot complain about other US carriers because I am with AT&T! How hard is it to keep up wuth the rest of the world and get 10.1 software out? Not 10.2 just 10.1! One Canadian. Said it best by the time AT&T get's off there A&$&S the will already have OS 11. Unexceptable AT&T!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-13 05:20 PM
27 12