View Poll Results: What device are you coming from?

Voters
500. You may not vote on this poll
  • Another Blackberry device

271 54.20%
  • Android

105 21.00%
  • iOS

103 20.60%
  • Windows

21 4.20%
    Im actually gonna wait a little more. I want to Make sure they are getting the apps I need
    and I want to test the camera myself I cant go by reviews. I still love Blackberry,
    but my Android on Jellybean is too smooth and camera is superb I don't want to possibly downgrade
    just cause I love a company.
    02-01-13 05:36 PM
    Im actually gonna wait a little more. I want to Make sure they are getting the apps I need
    and I want to test the camera myself I cant go by reviews. I still love Blackberry,
    but my Android on Jellybean is too smooth and camera is superb I don't want to possibly downgrade
    just cause I love a company.
    That's my stance. Plus I've been burned by early adoption one too many times.

Now, if I was to be given one as a front line sales rep... Well... I ain't gonna say no.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-01-13 05:44 PM
    Jumping from (hand-me-down) HTC Desire HD, which has just been a stop-gap device til I could get my hands on a Z10. I figured there are probably only 2 non-essential apps that may not make their way to BB10, and I can either do without or sideload them. Either way, looking forward to coming back to BB!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-01-13 06:27 PM
    I had a Curve 8320 and then jumped ship to my current iPhone 3GS. I'm very interested in the new BB. I may wanna check out the physical keyboard version though. I don't think the z10 can mess with iPhone but I may be wrong.
    02-01-13 06:57 PM
    Im so excited about BB10 that im gonna give my iphone 5 to my husband. i want a new BB!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Now, what did he do to make you mad?

Seemed like a good response, but I'm j/k!
    02-01-13 07:00 PM
    Pocketnow did a smackdown of BB10 versus Android. It was the Z10 against the Samsung Galaxy S3. The Z10 matched everything the Galaxy did and did it with less key strokes. All this with the security and stability of a QNX platform. If certain apps are preventing a switch, fair enough, but BlackBerry now have a standard equaling phone.
    02-02-13 12:11 AM
    I am tired of laggy ui on Android and the inability to control what runs and what doesn't run. I would have bought a z10 had it came out earlier. Now I just need my limited edition z10 confirmation email....
    02-02-13 12:18 AM
    9900 to Z10
    FranzJoseph likes this.
    02-02-13 01:46 AM
    Current:
    BB9860 for email/bbm/call/text (primary) (where i make money)
    iPad 3rd gen for browsing/emags/games/socmed (where i spend money)

Hopefully in the near future:
    BB Z10 for email/bbm/call/text (primary) (where i make money)
    iPad 3rd gen for browsing/emags/games/socmed (where i spend money)

Still afraid of battery consumption if i use my BB for socmed
    Need my Path (not yet available on BB)
    Game plays moore fun for me in big screen
    02-02-13 01:57 AM
    I will be sidelining my beloved Note 2. Definitely keeping it though. Thing about Android they will have a BB10 launcher that will work good just like wp8. Won't be the full experience though which is why I plan to get the real z10 on release day :-)
    I'm planning on doing the same, although getting rid of the Note 2 has been one of the toughest decisions that I had to take but I'm sure the Z10 will be totally worth it.
    02-02-13 02:46 AM
    Q10 will be replacing my 9900.

Unfortunately the Z10 is not compelling enough for me to ditch my iPhone 5.
    02-02-13 02:49 AM
    Pocketnow did a smackdown of BB10 versus Android. It was the Z10 against the Samsung Galaxy S3. The Z10 matched everything the Galaxy did and did it with less key strokes. All this with the security and stability of a QNX platform. If certain apps are preventing a switch, fair enough, but BlackBerry now have a standard equaling phone.
    Just to point out the GS3 is no longer the android must have. So BB now has a phone equal to the old must have for android. If the new BB10s are equal to the new android phones at the time of release not equal to the android phones being replaced with the new model androids I would then be ok with saying they are on same footing, however they are still behind.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx!!
    02-02-13 03:11 AM
    Just to point out the GS3 is no longer the android must have. So BB now has a phone equal to the old must have for android. If the new BB10s are equal to the new android phones at the time of release not equal to the android phones being replaced with the new model androids I would then be ok with saying they are on same footing, however they are still behind.

Only two Android phones are better than the GS3 and thats debatable and that's the Note 2 and Optimus G. I have all of them and the GS3 is still the standard albeit going out for Android phones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 07:52 AM
    iPhone 4s to Q10 �
    02-02-13 07:55 AM
    Me - 9800 to z10 black
    Wife - 9810 to z10 white

Video chatting and sharing screens with my wife on BBM... Priceless!
    02-02-13 08:05 AM
    Only two Android phones are better than the GS3 and thats debatable and that's the Note 2 and Optimus G. I have all of them and the GS3 is still the standard albeit going out for Android phones

You just made my point. The NEW coming in blackberry is comparable to the going out android. Which means it is a generation behind.

Add to that the root rom ect for android with over clock and many other features many non flagship androids become viable as longer lasting devices.

With the GS4 being released in the near future the GS 3 comparison will be even more negligible. so unless a Blackberry is release the same time is the GS4 blackberry remains a generation behind.

So two devices on the market better then the top of the line blackberry with countless others to be released while these are being released and you want to call the two equal?

I am glad Blackberries are trying to make a comeback but these devices are a start not the solution.

02-02-13 08:14 AM
    Me - 9800 to z10 black
    Wife - 9810 to z10 white

Video chatting and sharing screens with my wife on BBM... Priceless!
    Another point. I am happy Blackberries are getting the video chat ect but lets be honest the Iphone 4 and Mytouch devices had them a long time ago and they themselves have been replaced twice by newer models.

So again yes I will be getting the X10 but no not replacing my current line of primary phones with them.

02-02-13 08:21 AM
    I am currently using a 9800 and 9700 so I am looking forward to the z10 to bring a fresh change of pace 😊
    02-02-13 08:34 AM
    You just made my point. The NEW coming in blackberry is comparable to the going out android. Which means it is a generation behind.

Add to that the root rom ect for android with over clock and many other features many non flagship androids become viable as longer lasting devices.

With the GS4 being released in the near future the GS 3 comparison will be even more negligible. so unless a Blackberry is release the same time is the GS4 blackberry remains a generation behind.

So two devices on the market better then the top of the line blackberry with countless others to be released while these are being released and you want to call the two equal?

I am glad Blackberries are trying to make a comeback but these devices are a start not the solution.

Point taken and I agree

02-02-13 08:40 AM

Equal how? Just because of hardware comparison? All things aren't equal here - BB10 OS may be far and away more efficient than Android and only needs the hardware they are releasing with to deliver a great user experience. That is far more important than number crunching.
    lorax1284 and scrapmetal58 like this.
    02-02-13 08:49 AM
    Im due for an upgrade on June, yes im leaving iOS over BB10 (Z10).
    02-02-13 08:50 AM
    Equal how? Just because of hardware comparison? All things aren't equal here - BB10 OS may be far and away more efficient than Android and only needs the hardware they are releasing with to deliver a great user experience. That is far more important than number crunching.
    Are you telling me that Jellybean is not efficient? Even Ice Cream Sandwich was efficient, gingerbread was one of the best OS for android and that was 2 generations ago.

Iphone has had 5 generations of os upgrades to perfect there's, android has had what 7? BB has just started making phones to do what Android and Iphone have been doing all along, ready to feel the growing pains?

And another fact, If BB had a better software here then it should outclassed the GS3 with a less demanding hardware, instead it matched (again the out going device not flagship device). The better hardware the more features stuffed in it the more taxing it is on software. So hardware is important to software. You mean to tell me a 8mp camera is just as taxing on the software then a 6 or 4 mp camera?

02-02-13 09:03 AM
    Most defiantly I will be benching my iPhone 5 and Note 2!! So excited to try and experience the Z10! Now, if only we can fast forward the calendar to March :-)
    02-02-13 09:17 AM
    Are you telling me that Jellybean is not efficient? Even Ice Cream Sandwich was efficient, gingerbread was one of the best OS for android and that was 2 generations ago.
    JB is laggy on my Tegra 3 devices, kind of inexcusable.

Iphone has had 5 generations of os upgrades to perfect there's, android has had what 7? BB has just started making phones to do what Android and Iphone have been doing all along, ready to feel the growing pains?
    You make a direct connection between number of OS releases with efficiency of the code, which is a totally unfounded relationship. iOS and Android code can't be optimized enough to catch BB10 without the kind of rearchitecting that would render them nothing like iOS and Android.

And another fact, If BB had a better software here then it should outclassed the GS3 with a less demanding hardware, instead it matched (again the out going device not flagship device).
    No, not a fact at all. The ony fact is that if BB didn't have high specs on the device people (people kind of like you I think) would dismiss it out of hand, rather than even look at it. BBs specs are great for its OS, and there are new devices on the horizon from BB that match that which Samsung has leaked.

The better hardware the more features stuffed in it the more taxing it is on software. So hardware is important to software. You mean to tell me a 8mp camera is just as taxing on the software then a 6 or 4 mp camera?
    I'm sure when the 8 megapixel camera is working, it is using 100% of the system's resources... and taking the picture is using 100% of your resources, so it's a good fit.

Previously in this thread, you were Jekyll, now you've gone all "Hyde". Relax.
    02-02-13 09:23 AM

And another fact, If BB had a better software here then it should outclassed the GS3 with a less demanding hardware, instead it matched (again the out going device not flagship device). The better hardware the more features stuffed in it the more taxing it is on software. So hardware is important to software. You mean to tell me a 8mp camera is just as taxing on the software then a 6 or 4 mp camera?

You seem to be rather defensive... I never claimed any particular version of android was inefficient, i said it's entirely possible BB10 is more efficient, on the same hardware.

BB has been making phones for almost as long as there has been a Google. QNX has been building RTOSs for almost as long as there's been an Apple. They aren't novices by a long shot. Is BB10 completely polished yet, of course not. Expecting a 1.0 release to be perfect is silly at best.

If this is a fact, do you mind citing actual benchmarks comparing both platforms? And for the record, you don't "stuff features" into hardware. You stuff features into software, then you pick hardware that will deliver those features adequately. The more there is running concurrently, the more taxing it is on hardware. How on earth do you get "less demanding hardware?"

You do understand that most modern cameras, including those on phones, have dedicated image processing, yes? Most of the work is done there. I'd say they're equally taxing on software until you use them, and once you do use them, the difference is negligible, apart from filesystem write times, which is also negligible.
    02-02-13 10:05 AM
152 12345 ...