Just wondering if everyone is happy with the way the BB10 OS looks....more specifiy the Icons and menus?

I think it needs to be a little more polished...more like IOS (not Android).

Some of the text input screens look very basic ---almost DOS like. I.E. When you create a Icon folder....

Maybe this is a limitation of QNX? .....Can't remember if the playbook has the same look/feel ???

Cheers
    04-29-13 07:00 AM
    Yeah I agree, it should be a bit more polished!
    04-29-13 07:05 AM
    I like it, BUT, I do think like on Android, I should be able to place my icons ANYWHERE on my screen(s)...
    04-29-13 07:05 AM
    I agree, it isn't very nice and icons are too basic. IOS is much nicer looking.

Many app interfaces look as though they were made by some guy in his basement (which a lot of BB apps actually are!) Not professional at all, IMO.
    Last edited by jgz10; 04-29-13 at 08:53 AM.
    04-29-13 07:59 AM
    Yes I am very happy.
    04-29-13 08:05 AM
    I agree, it isn't very nice and icons are too basic. IOS is much nicer looking.
    Gloss everywhere and all those square icons. The UI for app trays just looks very dated as do many other areas. Sorry but Blackberry 10 blows away iOS in the looks department in my opinion.

I like a few of the Playbook icons better then their BB10 counterparts but other then that it's very sleek and professional.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    04-29-13 08:50 AM
    I have it looks perfect if you want it to look like ios you should have gotten a iphone.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-29-13 08:59 AM
    Looks really slick and professional. There's nothing wrong with the way it looks. The only thing that I would like is for the dark theme to be available on the Z10 irrespective of all this battery tech nonsense.
    04-29-13 09:08 AM
    I actually think that BB10 is better looking than android or ios. I like the shadow around the icons.

You're asking for what? A different interface to name your folders with? #priorities

Posted via CB10
    NightSlayer likes this.
    04-29-13 09:12 AM
    personally i don't care how it looks, once it's working properly i'm happy
    sonicwheeler likes this.
    04-29-13 09:34 AM
    Just wondering if everyone is happy with the way the BB10 OS looks....more specifiy the Icons and menus?

I think it needs to be a little more polished...more like IOS (not Android).

Some of the text input screens look very basic ---almost DOS like. I.E. When you create a Icon folder....

Maybe this is a limitation of QNX? .....Can't remember if the playbook has the same look/feel ???

Cheers
    One of the things that appeals to me about the BB10 icons is that it looks like an adult version of a smartphone. Very clean layout, good icon spacing. iOS is crowded mess. I find it to be really one of the biggest fails of the device. To me, it's hardly polished. The best one out there is Android. I like that there's user control over icon placement and spacing. If the user wants to put the icons on the border of the screen, they can. It's the consistent superiority of Android devices.
    04-29-13 09:40 AM