Just curious what memory size phone are you getting assuming there is a 32GB and 64GB Z10 since its rumoured at 16GB with a microSD slot.

I'm going to opt for a 32GB just like my Playbook.

What about you guys?
    12-25-12 05:06 PM
    64 gb if theres a lot of apps on release
    12-25-12 05:46 PM
    32GB, because i think 16 is too small and 64 is too big.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    12-25-12 06:15 PM
    16gb should be more than enough with expandable storage through the microSD card. The only reason why i got a 64gb playbook was because it had no SD card slot...
    Jake Storm and Lyls like this.
    12-25-12 06:47 PM
    I expect to see one capacity only available -- 16gb. I would also expect it to be expandable by up to 64gb, minimum. There are a few 64gb mSD cards available now, with 128gb on the horizon. It wouldn't surprise me to see the new devices capable of handling the 128gb. You may recall that the 9900's were made to accept 32gb mSD cards before they were actually available...
    travaz and just_luc like this.
    12-25-12 07:13 PM
    Just curious what memory size phone are you getting assuming there is a 32GB and 64GB Z10 since its rumoured at 16GB with a microSD slot.

I'm going to opt for a 32GB just like my Playbook.

What about you guys?
    From all of the rumors, there is just one size, unlike the PlayBook, and that is 16GB.

The difference here is that you can expand the memory up to 64GB (maybe more) with an SD slot, again, unlike the PlayBook.

I think they realized how much of a mess it was having 3 different sizes when releasing the PlayBook. At times it was cheaper to buy the 64GB than it was the 32/16 simply because they were so overstocked.

I am willing to bet this KitKat bar sitting right next to me though, that there will only be one size, 16GB. :P

Nonetheless, if they for some reason chose to give 3 different sizes, I'd probably go with the 32GB and just spend $50 on a 64GB micro SD, as the -$100 price difference between 32 & 64 would be better spent going towards the SD card and ten $5 BB10 apps
    donmateo and robkd like this.
    12-25-12 08:10 PM
    I think its only one size but if there is a choice I would go 64... Go big or go home!
    12-25-12 08:24 PM
    Loading it up to the max, whatever that may be! Going to be my main source for storing my music files, and everything else, so why not?
    12-25-12 08:40 PM
    From all of the rumors, there is just one size, unlike the PlayBook, and that is 16GB.

The difference here is that you can expand the memory up to 64GB (maybe more) with an SD slot, again, unlike the PlayBook.

I think they realized how much of a mess it was having 3 different sizes when releasing the PlayBook. At times it was cheaper to buy the 64GB than it was the 32/16 simply because they were so overstocked.

I am willing to bet this KitKat bar sitting right next to me though, that there will only be one size, 16GB. :P

Nonetheless, if they for some reason chose to give 3 different sizes, I'd probably go with the 32GB and just spend $50 on a 64GB micro SD, as the -$100 price difference between 32 & 64 would be better spent going towards the SD card and ten $5 BB10 apps
    Chances are you probably already ate that Kit Kat bar by now but regardless I agree with you. It's a valid point but then again, where are applications stored? If applications have to be stored on internal device memory, 16 GB doesn't give the user much leg room anymore especially with the HD screens. I'm hoping what they'll do is allow for applications to be fully installed on a MicroSD card with encryption on the application files or the MicroSD card itself as a deterrent to piracy. Then it makes sense to market one size, 16 GB is enough to get someone started from the get go not to mention the lower cost of production ergo lower cost to the consumer (Doesn't apply to every case though).
    12-25-12 08:42 PM
    Chances are you probably already ate that Kit Kat bar by now but regardless I agree with you. It's a valid point but then again, where are applications stored? If applications have to be stored on internal device memory, 16 GB doesn't give the user much leg room anymore especially with the HD screens. I'm hoping what they'll do is allow for applications to be fully installed on a MicroSD card with encryption on the application files or the MicroSD card itself as a deterrent to piracy. Then it makes sense to market one size, 16 GB is enough to get someone started from the get go not to mention the lower cost of production ergo lower cost to the consumer (Doesn't apply to every case though).
    hahaha you are totally right. I actually ate it while writing my response.. lmaooo

Well if the applications are stored on just internal (probably the case), just store your media and such on the SD card, and 16GB of internal storage is actually more than I think most people are making it out to be for just applications. I do have a 64GB PlayBook, but filled up like 50GB of it with music and movies, and I have about 20-30 apps installed with still a lot of extra room. Sure it will be different as BB10 will have many more apps than on the PlayBook, but even then, 16GB is a pretty decent amount of apps.
    12-25-12 09:02 PM
    16gb should be more than enough with expandable storage through the microSD card. The only reason why i got a 64gb playbook was because it had no SD card slot...
    Exactly.
    Expandable memory is a foreign concept to iPhone owners.
    16gb will be plenty for the phone and owners can add what ever size card they want. Also they will be hot-swappable.
    Having only 16gb phones with expandable memory will help keep down the cost of the phones too.
    12-25-12 09:05 PM
    I don't think there are going to be multiple sizes for hard drive space. It will probably only be 16GB since they are being smart and leaving in expandable memory options.
    12-25-12 09:08 PM
    If apps cannot be installed on the sd card it would be a slight shame as filesizes don't tend to decrease as time goes by and all that would be really required would be testing of the speed of the sd card to support sufficient app performance and graceful handling of app unavailability in the absence of the sd card, but for most people it probably won't be that big a deal with the only ones that would really struggle being those who needed to always have loads of big games all installed at once.

Personally, I think that them settling on a memory size for the model is the right move rather than trying to juggle demand from multiple models at a time when they cannot afford to have excess stock on the shelves, maybe in the future there will be room for more variants but not with these earlier devices.
    12-25-12 09:11 PM
    If they have it, 64GB.... #yolo
    12-25-12 10:34 PM
    I would agree with most on this post. 16GB plus support for 64GB MicroSD (SDXC anyone?) out of the gate. Even if they have to leave a free MicroSD card out of the bundle so be it (to make things cheaper). 64GB SDXC card can be had for sub 50$ now while I'm sure if there was a tiered approach there would be a 80-100$ difference between the sizes.

If it does support SDXC, it would mean that we'd have expandable sizes to an (theoretically) unrequired 2TB..

In a nutshell, if they did have different sizes I would go for 32GB in the mid-range with the option to expand further, I wouldn't be disappointed if they offered 16GB only though.
    12-26-12 03:20 AM
    Well my 9900 has the 32GB micro sd card and I hold about 11 movies and a lot of music..plus I have dropbox so I think 32GB will be enough.
    12-26-12 04:48 PM
    If available, I will get the 32gb (like my PlayBook), not to much and not to little.....just right. I just hope the choice is available
    12-26-12 05:49 PM
    I think it is also important to think about how much will actually be available after you look at the OS, and built in applications. If you actually get the majority of the 16, so 12 or so, then I will probably go with that, as that is the size I have for my PlayBook, and it still has 5GB left with over 100 apps, and lots of media.
    12-26-12 09:06 PM
    I will get the largest memory card I can get for media and get 16 gig for apps.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-27-12 07:20 AM
    I will make an informed decision after the January 30th launch/announcement. Right now nobody knows what will be released and what will be supported on the SD card (can it run apps off the card, media only, etc.). i haven't even seen anything indicating that there will be different storage sized models available.
    12-27-12 01:00 PM
    I am wondering if the current SD cards' we have in our phones will be able to be transferred into the new BB10 devices? Or will these cards have to be customized Just for BB10?
    12-27-12 03:53 PM
    I am wondering if the current SD cards' we have in our phones will be able to be transferred into the new BB10 devices? Or will these cards have to be customized Just for BB10?
    Good question - the folder structure/hierarchy could be different. I'm betting you could put it in the BB10 phone and, and you might have to move some content, but should be able to re-use without too much fuss.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 04:14 PM
    If it does support SDXC, it would mean that we'd have expandable sizes to an (theoretically) unrequired 2TB...
    I am hoping for SDXC - as that would future proof the devices for awhile. RIM did license ExFAT from Microsoft back in September, for their use... so as long as the hardware is there - the OS will have the capability.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 04:28 PM
    I'm going to opt for a 32GB just like my PlayBook
    12-27-12 04:58 PM
    There was a post earlier that said it would be available in 16 and 32 gb versions, but that post is now closed?
    12-27-12 05:07 PM
63 123