I keep getting this alert that typically is only if the password has been changed. I have not changed passwords on a PC and even updated it on my devise to be sure. Every few days it happen for a while then begins working again. I have ensures my settings are good and all. I'm on 10.1.2019 latest AT T has pushed

Has anyone been experiencing this problem? If so is there a fix?

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    12-15-13 12:33 PM
    Happened to me a bit with Yahoo as well. I deleted the account and set it up again.
    12-15-13 12:38 PM
    Get used to it!

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    12-15-13 08:31 PM
    Happened on my wife's iPhone also on my Z10 and my PlayBook. I'm about to delete an email account I have had since 1997.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:51 PM
    The periodic email password prompt is something not unique to Yahoo, it's a Blackberry 10 thing.

In many cases it happens when you have a temporary connection loss, or if your device switched from cellular data link to WiFi or reverse.

It's actually much better on recent OS releases than it was on older ones. What OS version are you running?
    12-15-13 09:11 PM
    I'm on BlackBerry 10.1 2019. Its crazy, I never had this trouble till a weeks ago. I have had this e mail since Jesus was a baby and I use it regularly for everything. I've managed well to keep junk mail out and now this! It's really unfortunate. Never had this trouble on bb7

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    12-15-13 09:42 PM
    I've been having that same issue, but only recently, and only with Yahoo emails. Ended up deleting the email from my phone since there weren't any important emails coming through from that address.
    12-15-13 11:28 PM
    I had the same issue repeatedly on my Z. Once I downloaded 10.2.1.1055 it stopped. I've run this leak since it came out and have had zero email issues or any other type of problems. Might want to give it a try.

Verizon Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.1055
    12-15-13 11:57 PM
    I've had this issue for months now. ONLY with Yahoo, have not found a solution, however instead of re-entering your password, saw somewhere just hit save and it will be back to normal no need to enter password and a heck of a lot quicker. Just wish it didn't happen in the first place.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    12-16-13 12:04 AM
    The fix is...go to account settings..select your yahoo account there..remove the "rim" from server address n remove "rim" from smtp server address too..just keep "imap.mail.yahoo.com" n "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" Problem solved!

Posted via Ferrari Red Z10/STL 100-2 "Developer's edition" OS 10.2.1.XXXX
    12-16-13 12:12 AM
    Keep in mind Yahoo themselves have been having mad issues with email lately.
    12-16-13 12:12 AM
    I'm on BlackBerry 10.1 2019. Its crazy, I never had this trouble till a weeks ago. I have had this e mail since Jesus was a baby and I use it regularly for everything. I've managed well to keep junk mail out and now this! It's really unfortunate. Never had this trouble on bb7

You have a fairly old OS version and there were major improvements made in that area with the next major release of. OS10.1 - the "10.1 MR" maintenance release from this summer.

In fact the Google account setup process was completely changed in the 10.1 MR, largely to address that issue. (Yes I know you are talking about Yahoo - just giving perspective on major changes in that version)

Who is your carrier? Have they not released anything in the OS 10.1.0.4xxx series yet?

And since email works totally differently than legacy BlackBerry OS, the technical details are different.
    12-16-13 01:40 AM
    You have a fairly old OS version and there were major improvements made in that area with the next major release of. OS10.1 - the "10.1 MR" maintenance release from this summer.

In fact the Google account setup process was completely changed in the 10.1 MR, largely to address that issue. (Yes I know you are talking about Yahoo - just giving perspective on major changes in that version)

Who is your carrier? Have they not released anything in the OS 10.1.0.4xxx series yet?

And since email works totally differently than legacy BlackBerry OS, the technical details are different.
    My carrier is AT&T. I have the most recent update pushed from them. My phone sayd up to date. I could install a "leak"i guess. Really makes me mad US carriers want BlackBerry to fail so bad. No support.

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    12-16-13 10:11 PM
    I've had this issue for months now. ONLY with Yahoo, have not found a solution, however instead of re-entering your password, saw somewhere just hit save and it will be back to normal no need to enter password and a heck of a lot quicker. Just wish it didn't happen in the first place.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    Save is grayed out for me unless I enter something into the Password field.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:34 PM
    The fix is...go to account settings..select your yahoo account there..remove the "rim" from server address n remove "rim" from smtp server address too..just keep "imap.mail.yahoo.com" n "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" Problem solved!

Any downside to this?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 10:34 PM
    My carrier is AT&T. I have the most recent update pushed from them. My phone sayd up to date. I could install a "leak"i guess. Really makes me mad US carriers want BlackBerry to fail so bad. No support.

There were issues with the original 10.1 MR, in particular with lost SMS messages and devices getting stuck for a long time (sometimes hours) during the update.

So AT&T may have wanted to avoid that and thus didn't release that OS series.

However I think you can virtually eliminate the risk by installing the latest 10.1 release via a leaked OS version (10.1.0.4828, which solves some of the early 10.1 MR bugs), and following the recommendations below:

1. Use an app like "SMS Backup" from Epic Windmill to backup your SMS messages before doing the update. (and save them off-device)
    2. Do at least one full backup using either BlackBerry Link or Sachesi before doing the update. (I do a full backup using each tool, as a precaution if one doesn't work)
    3. Minimize the number of SMS saved on the device before running the update. (ie if you have several thousand or more SMS on the device, probably best to back them up and delete them first before updating)
    4. Remove the SDcard from the device before running the update.

I also like to separately backup contacts and Remember notes using separate utilities, since the backups using Link or Sachesi are not quite "all or nothing" but almost. If you're just missing contacts or Notes, with those individual backups you can get them back quickly without overwriting everything else.

If you need more help on how to install a leaked OS, let me know and I will post some links.
    12-16-13 10:58 PM
    Any downside to this?

Posted via CB10
    Nopes...everything will work like charm! take my words

12-17-13 12:41 AM
    Thanks so much for this. I wil do it. What about installing 10.2 leaks? Yay or nay?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 09:11 AM
    Thanks so much for this. I wil do it. What about installing 10.2 leaks? Yay or nay?

Stable versions of 10.2* are fine too, just updated my daily driver yesterday.

Though I was running the latest 10.1 for a while before that.

Because they changed the way the SMS database works, you really have to be careful if you have a bunch of important SMS messages, because the upgrade process may lose them. Later OS versions may have addressed this but personally I don't take chances.

I also prefer to do "in place updates" because I don't like doing a restore if I don't have to, nor do I like to have to re-install and reconfigure all my apps. Many leaks cannot be installed via upgrade, you have to wipe the whole thing and install from scratch. (And restore your backup, if you have things you need to preserve, but many people prefer not to do that because it sometimes causes its own problems)

At the very least have a good installable copy of the current OS running on the device so in a worst-case scenario, you can reload your original OS and restore your original backup and be back where you started.

BlackBerry Link has a "reload device software" feature but it will only load whatever your carrier is offering as the current official release.

*(I consider 10.2.0.1803 and 10.2.0.1809 stable versions. 10.2.1 is NOT a stable version, yet.)
    12-17-13 01:18 PM