Hello, is it possible to do a tweak or something to the push email on a BlackBerry Z10 because i want to get the e-mails instantly like they come on the Android app Yahoo mail. Thank you.
    I mean i noticed that 5 minutes is the lowest i can set on push.
    Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 03:36 AM
    That's what I use and they come in as fast as they do on my PC.
    jagdish L likes this.
    10-01-14 05:11 AM
    are you using the pop or imap servers for your yahoo account? I use the imap and they come instantly.
    10-01-14 07:23 AM
    The OP doesn't speak about pushing, he speaks about polling. The shortest polling interval can be set to five minutes, but this is totally different from pushing. It's a pity that this is not better distinguished in the configuration and documented and that the user has to figure this out alone.

A precondition to use the BB Push option is a proper IMAP server and this IMAP server needs to support the so called IMAP IDLE feature. Pushing will never work on a POP3 server. If you don't know if you currently use an IMAP server you can look upon the ports: an IMAP server uses normally ports 143 or 993, a POP3 server uses ports 110 or 995.
    fortox likes this.
    10-01-14 07:41 AM
    Thanks for the replies, well I configured the email in BlackBerry option menu, I did not something specific just entered my id and password and modified the push time from 15 minutes to 5 minutes, should I do something else in order to get the e-mails instantly?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:43 AM
    Thanks for the replies, well I configured the email in BlackBerry option menu, I did not something specific just entered my id and password and modified the push time from 15 minutes to 5 minutes, should I do something else in order to get the e-mails instantly?
    Yes, read and understand my previous answer. You do not configure any pushing using this five minutes interval. You configure polling, and polling is slow and causes a lot of network traffic and battery drain. If you have real pushing running you should switch off polling completely.

If you want to use real pushing you must be sure to use an IMAP mail server. Do you understand what this means? Take a look on the ports in your mail account configuration - what port are you using?
    10-01-14 08:54 AM
    Port 993

Posted via CB10
    muellerto likes this.
    10-01-14 09:00 AM
    Sounds like you're using IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:37 AM
    And what should I do to get the e-mails instantly? It gets on my nerves .

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:39 AM
    Here is some info I copied from some other threads...

Add Account, Advanced, IMAP then try following these instructions: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mai...s-sln4075.html

Also, make sure your outgoing and incoming servers just say this:
    imap.mail.yahoo.com
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com

When you hit yahoo mail, if it has "rim" in the front, make sure that isn't there. Then retry.

To get to the screen. Settings> accounts> tap on your yahoo account. Should then take you to the edit screen. You'll have to re enter your password to save the settings.

Also make sure your username and e-mail address both include @yahoo.com or whatever your email addy is, such as yahoo.ca or yahoo.co.uk etc.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 10-01-14 at 11:36 AM. Reason: fix up stupid typos
    10-01-14 11:30 AM
    Thank you, I did what you said but it's still same... I don't know, maybe it's a bug.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:37 PM
    What we didn't talk about, yet, is: you should enable the Push option in your email account configuration and set the polling interval to "Manually". These would be the correct settings to get immediately informed by the server when messages arrive. The delay is then normally below 30s. - Only if this really doesn't work you should return to a polling interval.
    10-02-14 12:46 AM
    Ok, so I have 2 accounts, I set both of em the same, I didn't saw at none of em any "polling" information, I checked manual at push, on one of the accounts I saw that in the imap and smtp was added rim. At the beginning of the server address, and on both accounts it's nothing wrote at smtp or imap prefix.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:44 AM
    If you really are it instant you may be to download the android app on your blackberry. It's not your phone so much as it is yahoo make. If you tried to use the native email app on any of phone it would be the same way.

Yahoo seems to be designed for people who either don't care about email of only want to use their computer via POP.

I switched to Outlook.com and it's great. Everything is instant and even the caller ID pictures sync to the Web and show up on other devices.

Gmail would be the next best if you don't like Microsoft. I know it's a pain to leave yahoo because you have to pay for email forwarding. I set up a vacation alert (aka out of office assistant) for the maximum alloted time and put my new address in it. That seemed to work.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-02-14 06:19 AM
    Ok, so I have 2 accounts, I set both of em the same, I didn't saw at none of em any "polling" information,
    If you have the update interval configured the device is polling! Even if you checked the Push option. (In this case it's doing both.)
    If you really are it instant you may be to download the android app on your blackberry.
    The Hub does the job very well. You don't need any other software for receiving and sending mail (as long as you don't want to manage the mails in the folders on the server, this is something the Hub doesn't provide).
    Yahoo seems to be designed for people who either don't care about email of only want to use their computer via POP.
    Wouldn't surprize me.
    I switched to Outlook.com and it's great. Everything is instant and even the caller ID pictures sync to the Web and show up on other devices. Gmail would be the next best if you don't like Microsoft.
    Gmail is indeed the last best option. I would never use (or suggest to use) a mail server from Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, AOL or any other global player - for security reasons. There are tons of fabulous working, secure and commercial free IMAP servers outside the US, driven by serious companies which don't sell their customers. And even if you have to pay 40$ per year - so what?
    10-03-14 01:34 AM
    Yahoo has a weird implementation of their IMAP IDLE that only works properly with iOS. So unfortunately, the OP is out of luck, and is limited to a 5 minute polling interval.

This was a major reason why I shifted to Outlook and have left Yahoo as my "junkmail" account.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    muellerto likes this.
    10-03-14 12:03 PM
    I recived Yahoo emails after 2-3 minutes until recive it on Yahoo server..
    I hope Yahoo or BlackBerry will improve the settings

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 01:48 AM
    I recived Yahoo emails after 2-3 minutes until recive it on Yahoo server..
    I hope Yahoo or BlackBerry will improve the settings

Posted via CB10
    I highly doubt it. Notice that only iOS devices handle Yahoo push properly...I'm sure they receive economic incentives to keep it that way, since Yahoo seems to stay afloat despite not really being that relevant of a tech company.

Posted via CB10 on Q5.
    10-15-14 07:08 AM